Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. VijayendharYour feedback matters!
Im having problem of anxiety taking medicine exiten plus and doing yoga and doctor told to take medicine 2 months 2 times a day can I smoke a cigrate ?and can it be cured or a permanent disease?
I am suffering from anxiety and claustrophobia since last 10 years. Presently I feel some muscle pain and weakness at leg thigh and calf muscle. Can anxiety make muscle pain or tightness?
Hi doctors, I got married late in 27 years, I was working as lecturer in maths, due to marriage I resignef for job, my in laws promised to send me to hyderabad as he works here, but atr marriage I was in laws dint sent me to hyd, I was kept in in laws home, they torchured me a lot, even my husband listens to his parents write more, he also left me in in law home for four months even though we are newly married, later I came here I got conceived I was happy wot my husband, but in. My fifth month again in laws told my husband to live me in their home, my husband respects his parents a lot he will not care me in presence of his parents, I went there forcefully, but in three days I was aborted, in my fifth month, I was made to. Do work more so I got aborted, baby was dead in. Stomach.but they dint care, I went to mom. Home my parents took. Care of me, I felt I got rebirth, I suffered a lot in one year, now i.came.to husband home directly from mom. Home, im not able to judgr anyone in. My family, y thy torchured. Me so much, my husband s very good but he ll change bcz of his parents influence, wencan I plan for. My second baby, I am. Willing to do job, as I got break its new place for. Me im not knowing how to search job also, please guide me, shall I go to job or shall I stay in. Home till. My second baby delivery, can I work even during next pregnancy, how to understand my husband, and his parents lplz guide me, your suggestions help me a lot for my life.so Please suggets me i am i so much depression cause of that.
I want to do great thing in my life but I am unable to do at least try, Only thoughts are coming nothing happens, don't want to do anything, thought comes like" nothing is there in life so why should I try, it better to get suicide, lets suicide by any simple ways" I always spend my whole time with watching movies or any videos or in Internet, even in night I always sleeps across 04: 00 a. M. In this time Also watching movies or internet, I never bath, never wanna go outside, never wanted to take food, more feeling which only makes me happy that is by watching Shameless & Ladyboys, crossdresser, drag queen in internet, think that they are best on every ways, male & female both qualities. I am engineering graduate, wanna be a good man, great job, who send money to family, & wanna be happy forever. Please help me.
I am very happy at my work place and when I go back home I feel depressed and feel unwanted. So I spend more time at my work place. Please advise.
I lost someone close last year ans since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Social anxiety disorder or social anxiety phobia is characterised by an extreme and often, unrealistic fear of social situations and scenarios. A patient suffering from this condition will usually be ridden with self-confidence and a sense of intense nervousness, as if he or she is being constantly watched and scrutinised. It may be caused by biological, psychological or environmental factors. Let us find out ten ways to getting over the same.
- CBT: CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy is a form of talk therapy that allows a patient to speak with a psychologist or psychiatrist, so as to find out the root cause of the condition. This form of theory helps in arriving at ways of overcoming the feelings of nervousness in social situations.
- Practice going out with smaller groups: It is said that sticking to small and intimate groups can help in overcoming the hesitation and self-esteem issues that many of these patients feel. Once they are comfortable, they can take on larger groups.
- Medication: Antidepressants and beta blockers are sometimes prescribed along with other kinds of medication, for patients who are unable to control their intense anxiety in social situations.
- Face the fear: A little introspection will help you arrive at the reason or root cause of your anxiety. This can help in facing the fears and tackling them. You can talk about these fears with someone.
- Unhelpful thinking: Tackle unhelpful thinking where you imagine people are looking at you in a certain way because they must be judging you. Tell yourself over and over until you believe that it is not true.
- Focus on yourself: The key is to focus on yourself instead of getting hooked on to what others may be thinking about you. This will help in banishing the negative thoughts.
- Be in the present: Practice deep breathing or meditation to bring yourself back to the present every time you begin to think about what people may be thinking about you when you are in a social scenario.
- Lifestyle changes: Drinking less and not smoking at all can also help in the better production of hormones that will help in balanced thinking, especially in anxiety-ridden situations.
- Group therapy: Much like CBT, group therapy gives you space and platform to voice your fears and anxiety. The advantage of this kind of therapy is that you can also hear the stories and fears of other people, which will give you some point of reference when it comes to overcoming your own fears.
- Communication skills: You can go to a counsellor or get soft skills training for better communication skills, which will help you improve your social interactions. This, in turn, will give you much confidence to deal with the world outside. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Hi, I have one problem. i was shivered at fear and when I carry some weights even to take selfie with mobile on that time my hand was shivering i'm not alcoholic. But everyday i faced this problem. If i get fear and scary moments the problem will be high. What is the problem of that. please tell me solution.
Cyclothymia is a type of a mood disorder which is relatively light or mild in nature. If you are suffering from this condition, then you will experience extreme mood swings for very short periods of time. During these mood swings, you may experience a low period (depressed mood) or a high period when you are extremely happy.
There is no set or structured pattern for the highs and lows that you will experience during this condition. This feature of the disease makes it more difficult to detect and diagnose. The duration of your mood swings usually last just for a few days but can also be extended up to a few weeks. So, the only sign of identifying this medical condition is that if you are not having a normal mood for an extended period of time then you should consult a specialist doctor to enquire more about the condition.
Though there are no special symptoms of this disorder, the usual signs of mild depression and hypomania can be a possible symptom of Cyclothymia.
Some of them are:
- Hypomanic symptoms
- Racing thoughts
- Minimal sleep
- Excessive talking
- Extreme optimism
- Raised self-esteem
- Being happy without any reason
- Unnecessary fear
- Concentration difficulties
- Abnormal weight changes
The mood swings that you experience during this situation do not get better with time or vanish automatically. So it is always desirable that you seek some medical assistance from a specialist doctor on seeing the symptoms of either hypomania or depression.
This does not always hold true but you might also start to experience suicidal thoughts if you also have a bipolar I or II disorder along with cyclothymia. So, if any such thoughts appear in your mind, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.