Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayendhar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. VijayendharYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old engineering. My question is. How can I increase my thinking capability/creativity?
I am not happy with myself .I feel like I am not made up for doing anything. I always end up doing things which I regret later on. I really swear to god do not want to do something like that. But my actions always end up hurting my loved ones.
I want to achieve some thing in my life but can not do it. I always have fear so can not face it though I have gud education but can not pretend it due to lack of self confidence I can not face any situation. If there is any body who can help me it will be great helpful to me.
How to concentrate in studies for best results while exam times? & also tell me how to get less fatigue in these days, please help me.
Dear sir/madam. Mentally I am very upset due to relationship break up with a girl whom I love the most. I fell nervous any time, suffering from sleepless. My health condition becomes very poor. Please help me doctors,
In the morning when I prepare myself to go to office, my husband tells me about several outside jobs for which I get very disturbed. Sometimes, I scream loudly why he is irritating me with so many words. Kindly enlighten me some way to avoid this type of situation.
Does Daxid 50 mg (two tablets daily) have a role to play in curing sleep apnea? Or is it only to treat depression?
Being affected with bipolar disorder can not only strain any relationship but also disrupt different aspects of family life. The mood swings stemming from bipolar disorder tend to occur spontaneously without any particular reason. The effects too can be detrimental. Below are some of the best ways one can cope with the impact of a bipolar disorder:
- Looking for patterns and signs: You should keep a watch for signs that indicate that you may be entering an episode of mania or depression. Along with a shift in the mood, one should look out for any changes in sleep patterns. It is also essential to keep a track of alcohol or drug usage, energy levels, level of concentration and self-confidence. Since stress is considered a major trigger of bipolar disorder, you should try to simplify life by staying away from any triggers of stress. You may also ask your family and friends to share responsibilities in case your job is too stressful.
- Keeping an organized and regular schedule: Sticking to a regular and organized routine can help in controlling mood swings and symptoms of bipolar disorder. People with bipolar disorders generally don’t deal well with a lot of changes. Regardless of whether one does errands or work irregularly, it is important to sleep and wake up at a particular time. Also, practising healthy sleeping habits and relax before bed by listening to music, reading books and taking a warm bath is recommended. Make sure that you don’t watch thrilling television shows, surf the internet, or play video games since these habits can worsen the mood swings.
- Getting regular exercise: Studies show that regular physical exercise can go a long way in improving your mood. You can start by taking a slow walk around your neighbourhood and can gradually increase the intensity of your workouts.
- Avoiding alcohol and other drugs: Not just alcohol, caffeine is also a strong stimulant which can make you stay wide awake at night and trigger manic episodes. It is also advised to cut back on soda and other sugary drinks, particularly at night. Alcohol, as well as other drugs, can also affect the impact of the medication which, in turn, can trigger mood swings.
- Writing down your feelings: Keeping a journal of the day to day life, stressors and other problems that you may have encountered through the day can be of help. With the passage of time, you will be able to identify the patterns that emerge as triggers which in turn can help you prepare yourself and manage the mood swings better.
These small lifestyle changes and coping strategies can aid in dealing with bipolar disorder effectually. Visiting a specialist can help you get an insight into the exact condition and assist in the management of the triggers. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!