Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayendhar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. VijayendharYour feedback matters!
I am a 26 year old male and have tobacco habit from 4 years. I want to quit it. Please suggest me some medicines.
My Daughter has just turned 22 months and there are no signs of speaking words as yet. She plays on bed and on floor and sometimes looks at pictures in her rhymes book while at other times, watches rhymes on TV/Phone. She eats all her meals well. What is the normal age at which a child starts uttering words?
I am 48 years old from chennai, taking medication for Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder for more than 18 years. As per the medicines (drugs) which is being given for sleep is having side effects. Nothing to hide I fell you will be one who work for a humanitarian wellness. Now I am forced to pass urine every 15 minutes. When it was in the elation status 18 months before I could not travel in a public transport where I cannot stop the vehicle for my need. I believe you will speak true that how much damage it will do to my kidney because of this medicines. If you don't want to answer pass on to other who speak the truth. Thank you.
I'm a 22 year old female. For the last five years, I've not been able to be successful in anything. I think I'm just lazy. But i've had suicidal tendencies and have absolutely no interest in anything anymore. I also had an incident of sexual abuse in my childhood. What do I do? Am I depressed or just plain lazy?
Hi yesterday my wife started with periods so in future which date we will do intercourse to conceive please do advise and also suggest is there any medicine also?
My son, age 4 yrs, can not speak but to gain attraction he usually cried out very loud. We consult ENT and did several tests like beta, tympanometry and audiometry. One doctor recommend cochlear implant, Another told to go for hearing aid. After various test the people who sell hearing aid are now demanding to deposit 60000 cash as security deposit for the hearing aid. Is this necessary? Can anybody help what should we do?
How to increase our intelligent memory power, and height. Is There any vitamin medicine for these. Is it possible?
Good Evening, I am a 29 year Old Unfit & Freaky Man looking to get back into Perfect Shape over a small period of time. I have 15 months to get slim before I may think of getting married. While other factors in life are also "not very normal" such as Timely Sleep, Diet Plan, Unstable & Irregular Eating, Excess Stress since I am working & simultaneously studying and lot of hyperactivities such as violence, red eyes, sometimes vomiting that may lead to Diabetes and high Blood Pressure in future. I am seeking a controlled & proper diet plan, contents of ideal diet according to my condition, specifications on calories, types of exercise, Yoga if required, Jogging & Running, Gyming, etc. Please Provide suitable strategy and motivating factors that may work as "push" factor for me not only for diet related activities and exercise but also for lifting me in life for full-control. Although I am a disciplined ethical man, but my lapse happens in my laziness and carefree attitude. NEED GUIDANCE AND HELP ! Looking Forward to Hear from you,
From last 6 year I am smoking cigrate but now I want to leave this habit. How to do that. U tried a lot bt somehow or somewhere I am not able to do that. Also now I am facing problem in my cheat there is always bit pain. So please help me with this.
Bipolar mood disorder, otherwise called manic depressive disorder or manic depression, is a genuine and serious mental problem. It is a disorder that can lead to unsafe conduct, damaged relations and career, and even self-destructive inclinations if it is not treated properly and on time.
Bipolar disorder is portrayed by outrageous changes in the state of mind, from mania to depression. Between these mood swings, a man with bipolar disorder may encounter normal moods as well. Here is how it can affect a relationship:
- Bipolar disorder can turn into an issue from the very begin of a relationship. Exploring any sentimental relationship - whether it is dating or marriage - can be a risky attempt. Including bipolar disorder with its crazy ride of feelings in with the general problems in a relationship, and connections can turn out to be all the more difficult.
- However, not everybody with bipolar disorder encounters the state of mood swings of depression and mania, but when those scenes do happen, they can destroy a relationship.
- During the hyper stage, a person can lose his or her feeling of judgment. That implies spending all their money carelessly, breaking rules, and taking part in dangerous practices like medication and liquor abuse. When you have a partner with the bipolar issue who gets into a hyper stage, it can be extremely harmful to a great degree for the relationship since they might do things that hurt you or may trouble you financially.
- Any number of things, from work problems to financial issues, can lead to fights and put a strain on a marriage. However, if one of the partners has a bipolar disorder, simple stressors can trigger their mood swings. That might be the reason why around ninety percent of the relations and marriages with a bipolar partner, fail.
- Having a relationship when you live with bipolar disorder is troublesome. Nevertheless, it can surely be dealt with. It takes the efforts of both the partners to make it work.
The initial step is to get diagnosed and treated for your condition. Your specialist can give you hormone balancing drugs, for example, Lithium, with antidepressants to control your symptoms. Treatment with a clinician or psychologist is additionally vital. With treatment, you can figure out how to control the practices that are putting pressure on your relationship.
Here are a couple of different approaches to alleviate a portion of the weight on your relationship:
- Take your medicine as recommended
- Take a marriage education and counselling class
- Manage your stress in different ways whether it is writing in a diary, taking long strolls, or listening to music
- Attempt to adjust work with more calming exercises
- Adhere to a customary rest cycle
- Eat healthy and exercise frequently
- Maintain distance from liquor and caffeine
Hii. I am 25 years old. I get emotional very often on simple things I start crying if anyone shout or say rude things even if I see someone crying I also start crying.
Hi, I am 29 yrs old working in it. I have financial problems as well as family issues. I am not married. I am not able to sleep at night. My daily routine from few months is spoiled. I am getting sleep at 4 am or may be by 5 am. I use to wake up at 10 only. I am able to control my sleep. Please advice how could I can overcome this?
I am smoker feeling a tight chest in morning if I quit smoking can I regenerate lung tissue smoking since 7 years.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes, just being where you are.
So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day. Here are 5 ways to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a great way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh, chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away.
1. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
2. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
3. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms, the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack. There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it.