Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Venkateshwar RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years old. I have problem of going for urination very frequently. I have got operated prostate which was size of 32 cc. But even after operation there is no relief. Flow of urine is also very slow. Even sometimes it comes in drops. Kindly advise some homeopathic medicine.
My mother suffering from kidney disease infection and any other diseases like sugar and Thyroid. Medicine are not doing their work and any thing she eats its become vomiting. What I do for my mom.
Hi doctor I am 34 from last one week while I am passing urine I am getting irritation along with pain in pennis please help me with the solution I am very worried about my situation.
I am feeling very dull since 3-4 days. 4 days back I have seen some blood in my urine and next day it was fine. But before that I was feeling very much normal. I am also smoking since six years. I read about blood in urine and I got scared. But other than the blood I haven't found any symptoms written in that article. No pain nothing. Please help me with my problem.
Hi, im asking about my mother she is suffering from urine infection, after the treatment she is having huge acidity now she can not eat any things she is vomit continue after having food. Please suggest me what is the best solution for her. She is now 48 years old. Please help us.
My Uncle has stones in right kidney. Stones size is 4 ml. Is it mandatory go for surgery or it can be cured with the help of medications, If so please suggest the medicines too.
My total bilirubin is - 2.13 Direct bilirubin - .33 What precautions I have to take? What is I need to include in my food habit?
Hi When I pass urine froth or foamy like bubbles shall be their in the co mode what is the reason am I passing more of protein in the urine I want to know please
Having feeling frequently of a full bladder. But urination is weak and a little stressful for the past the days. This symptom is further aggravated by mills fever and weakness and body ache.
I am 64 yrs. Men. Having problem in kidney and urine path. Last two day's getting pain in left kidney + bladder and pitutary gland. Consult local Dr. He gave me tab. Drofem, tab. Zifi200 drofem: drotaverine hydrocloride and mefenamic acid zifi200: cefixime citralka liquid: disodium hydrogen citrate syrup kindly advise me. I am taking coconut water and lime juice and getting relief.
Polycystic kidney disease is a disorder that is inherited; it is characterized by development of cysts in the kidneys. These cysts are round sacs that contain a water like fluid. Initially, the size of the cysts are small, they tend to increase in size after the fluid accumulation. This disorder can also cause cysts to develop in the liver and other parts of the body.
Symptoms and Complications
The most common symptoms of this disorder are back pain, headache, high blood pressure and kidney failure. It can also lead to formation of stones in the kidney, presence of blood in the urine and an urge to urinate frequently. It also make your kidney prone to various bacterial infections.
The disease is caused because of the presence of defective genes in the body, implying that this disorder is primarily hereditary. In some cases, the disease is caused by a genetic mutation. Based on the causes, it is classified into two types:
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease: This disorder causes the symptoms to appear immediately after birth, although the symptoms are delayed until adolescence. This disorder only occurs when both the parents carry the defective gene which is passed to the offspring.
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: This disorder usually tends to occur only after the age of 30. Unlike the previous type, here only one parent needs to carry the defective gene that is passed on to the offspring.
The treatment of polycystic kidney disease generally involves dealing with the following signs:
- Pain: Chronic pain, usually in the sides of the body or the back, is a common symptom of this disorder. You can opt for pain reliving medication such as ibuprofen. If the cysts are large, then surgery is required to ease the pain.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure is best controlled by a following a healthy diet and lifestyle. High blood pressure can damage the kidneys severely. Medications may also be required to control blood pressure, if it rises abnormally.
My report says that" few small echo genic foci less than 3mm noted in both kidneys and for pancreas it is written that head and tail of pancreas visualized, tail obscured by bowel gas" what does it mean please reply soon docs about the kidney it is written in bold. Is there any big issue?
" The theme of world kidney day 2017 is “kidney disease and obesity. Healthy lifestyle for healthy kidneys”"
Quick kidney facts
On occassion of world kidney day 9th march 2017. Here are a few interesting facts about kidney.
They're not just your body's cleanup crew. Without them we’d be swimming in our own waste.
We’re born with a pair, yet we can manage with just one. That’s why you can donate a kidney and remain alive and well.
1. The kidneys have a higher blood flow than even the brain, liver or heart.
2. The kidneys reabsorb and redistribute 99% of the blood volume and only 0.1% of the blood filtered becomes urine.
3. Healthy kidneys work 24hrs a day/7 days a week to clean the blood.
4. Kidneys will continue performing until they have lost 75-80% of their function.
5. Kidneys represent only 0.5% of total body’s weight
6. The kidneys of a newborn baby are about 3x larger in proportion to body weight as in the adult.
7. Kidney stones are an accumulation of mineral salts and mostly combined with calcium which can lodge anywhere along the course of the urinary tract.
8. Refined carbohydrates and sugar will stimulate the pancreas to release insulin. This causes extra calcium to be excreted in the urine. Alas, kidney stones.
9. Kidney beans (rajma), true to their name are kidney shaped. They provide nutrients that are helpful to the human kidneys.
10. Each kidney contains 1 million individual filters. They filter an average of around 1.3 liters (2.2 pints) of blood per minute, and expel up to 1.4 liters (2.5 pints) a day of urine.
Take good care of such a vital organ.