Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Venkat Ram Prasad VallamshetlaYour feedback matters!
Facing with knee pain,is their any medicin without side effects?present I am using topnack sr once in a week.lost week I went to doctor.he was given Diacerein Capsuls IP 50 mg.pl give me advice.
I am 25 years old and I'm married. I have knee pain when I fold my leg even I can't pray by kneel down.
I am suffering from Rheumatoid Factor (RF) from several years. I have constantly consulting doctors like a specialist in command hospital and many more doctors but my disease is not resolved yet. So please advise me something.
1 just maintain your body posture
2 avoid forward bending.
3 avoid heavy weight lifting from the ground.
4 maintain body weight.
5 do regularly exercise.
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but don't relief.
Dear Sir, I met with an bike accident and broke my left hand (near wrist) and got treatment (Titanium implant fixed) at Ganga Hospital Coimbatore (It happens 4 months ago). My problem is the stiffness on the wrist. Event after 4 months of surgery, i was not able to use the hand normally. If any physios?, medicines? What is your suggestion?
Dear Doctor, I had been operated on my left leg below the knee as i got multiple fractures, it was in the month of Jan 2006. Till now the leg below knee till toes is swollen. When taken rest/ sleeping position keeping legs on pillow the swelling is gradually reducing and later when going to work is it swelling again. Your kind self is requested to advise the solution for the same. Thanks in advance.
I have a herniated disk (bulged disk/slip disk) at c7 and the c7 nerve is compressed for last 2 months. Do you have treatment in ayurveda ?
I have a friend who is suffering from from chronic lower back pain for the last 8 months. We have consulted many doctors to no avail. What should he do?
I have used most of anti dandruff shampoo but still I am suffering from dandruff problem. Sometimes it disappear for few days and suddenly its back what should I do?
I am 59 years old. I got injured in knee 1 month back after 2 days I felt stiffness in my left leg but I was walking well but one day I saw train on tilak bridge station. I climbed 40 stairs in 2 minutes and run down 40stairs in1 minit and finally I catch the train with severe pin in my left knee .2nd day I consulted orthopedic surgeon. He advised xray. Medial tibia femoral joint space is reduced on both sid es Marginal osteophytes on both sides .breaking of patella .SUBARICULAR sclerosis with cyst formation on left side. IMPRESSION .bilateral OSTEOARTHRITIS CHANGES. I was treated with sigmflam, Zintee,cartigen, cap GEMCAL for 15 days. Now I am feeling better. Now I can walk and run. But climbing of stairs is not as before. Doctor discontinued medicine and aked to do some exercise .press roll pillow 10 to15 second, keeping roll pillow below ankle and pressing knee below side10to15 second and rising left leg upward 10to15 second. Pl guide me to get relief fom left side stiffness. Regard.
Have you undergone cartilage damage recently and are seeking ideal treatment measures? Cartilage damage is a common form of injury that involves your knees. Other joints such as the ankles, elbows and hips may also be affected by cartilage damage. Cartilage, the tough and flexible tissues covering the surface of your joints, acts as a shock absorber, allowing the bones to slide over each other. Cartilage damage may occur because of injuries such as a gradual wear, sports injuries and osteoarthritis. While acute cartilage damage may heal on its own, severe damage may need treatment via surgical measures.
- Physiotherapy is effective when you experience difficulty in moving your affected joint.
- It is also an important part of recovery if you have to undergo surgical procedures for treating cartilage damage.
- A physiotherapist will teach you certain exercises that are effective for strengthening the muscles that surround and support your affected joint.
- This helps in reducing pain and pressure on the joint.
- Severe and serious cartilage damage does not heal effectively on its own, and a surgery may be required for treatment.
- Usually, surgery is performed by using Arthroscopy. This is a form of keyhole surgery in which certain instruments are inserted into your affected joint via incisions or small cuts.
- In some cases, larger incisions have to be made.
- Such surgeries are carried out after giving general anesthesia to the patient.
The most common surgeries that are undertaken in cases of cartilage damage include the following:
Lavage and debridement
- In this form of surgery, your joint is cleaned for the removal of any loose tissues.
- The damaged edges are trimmed to be made smooth. Sometimes, the damage may also be repaired during the same time.
- In this procedure, tiny holes are made on the bone beneath your damaged cartilage that releases the bone marrow in it.
- The marrow cells stimulate the production of new cartilage.
- In this procedure, small plugs of healthy cartilage from areas of a joint that are non-weight bearing are removed and used for replacing areas of the affected cartilage.
- This procedure involves the alteration of the alignment of your leg for reducing pressure on the damaged area.
- It is effective in improving pain.
- A wedge of bone may be removed or added from your thigh bone or shin bone.
- The bone gets fixed with a plate till it gets healed.
In some cases, a joint replacement surgery has to be carried out. In this procedure, the entire affected joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint. Hip replacement and knee replacement are common examples of this kind of surgery.