Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. T Subramanyeshwar RaoYour feedback matters!
My Grandpa (71Y old) is suffering from pancreas Cancer. His CA-19.9 Tests Result was more then 1200 on last Saturday. His tumor size on the head of the pancreas is 30x34 mm. What are the precautions he should take to stop growth of the cancer tissues and what medicines he has to take?
I am a breast cancer patient. I have completed the treatment on 31.5. 2014. Follow -up check up going on. Please suggest the exercise. I have also plan a walking just 20 minutes daily or two days once. Please tell me.
Patient has been diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 - Nottingham Histologic Score - 3 + 3 + 3 = 9. Can you suggest the prognosis? The tumor is NOS in right break measuring 24-22-14 mm. I have attached the report also. Please let me know if it is curable and what are the chances of relapse.
I am 48 years old. Had mastectomy in 2007 t1n1mo right breast. Had chemotherapy 6 cycles and 5 years of tamoxifen. A recent breast ultrasound shows some simple cysts in the left breast. What does it indicate? is there any chance of these cysts turning malignant please Advice.
Im 32 year old male. On my upper thighs skin is very rough and hairs on the thighs are like burnt is this related to any kind of cancer?
Can I continue to use complementary therapies, take herbal remedies or vitamin supplements when I'm on chemotherapy?
Did a master health check. Ultrasound report says 'Bulky uterine cervix' The pap smear test says 'Atypical Squamous cells of undetermined significance with inflammation. Repeat after controlling inflation Microscopy: Satisfactory for evaluation Transformation zone is absent, inflammation is intense, no organism/ reactive changes, Atrophy present, few cells with mild nuclear enlargement seen. What do these results mean? Does it indicate cervical cancer? What next?
Hey respected doctors Mujhe left breast me cyst hai. Usme kabhi pain hota hai pls mujhe koi medi btaye taki koi surgry na kranin pade apne aap thik ho jaye. Filhal me silicia 1m le rahi hu. Kya ye sahi medi hai?
1) vitamin c rich foods
Citrus fruits, guava, amla, tomato, green leafy vegetables all of them are high in vitamin c. This element prevents the formation of cancer-causing nitrogen compounds.
Berries top the charts when it comes to cancer fighting foods. Pterostilbene, an antioxidant found in berries is a storehouse of cancer fighting properties
3) sweet potatoes
Sweet potato is full of beta carotene. Studies have revealed that consumption of high beta carotene foods like yellow, red, green colored fruits and veggies reduce the risk of various cancers.
Omega 3 fatty acids prevents the growth of cancer by preventing the growth of cancer cells and interrupting the growth of cancerous tumor. Omega-3 fatty acids also help reduce inflammation. Along with fatty fish, one can also include a tbsp of flaxseed in your daily diet.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, acts as both an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant, and prevents cancer by interfering with aspects of cellular signaling
5) green tea
Tea contains catechins compounds, these compounds restrict the growth of cancer.
6) cruciferous vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli cabbage contain phytonutrients which may help inhibit the metabolism of carcinogens and stimulate the body's production of detoxification enzymes.
It contains lycopene which helps prevent prostate and other types of cancer.
Pomegranates are rich in ellagic acid. It slows down cancer cell growth and deactivate cancer-causing compounds.
Again, a food rich in anti-cancer substances including allicin.
I am a 24 years old house wife. I have a 2 years old baby. I had lump on my both breasts 3 years back. And it was removed by a surgery. But now I feel lump on my left side. Without any surgery how can I remove it? Please suggest any medicine or any other treatment from allopathy/ homeo / ayurveda.
My wife have a lump in left breast but we don't know is this a cancer or not please help me to know whether it is a cancer or simply a lump.
I am 65 years male, facing urination problem. Frequent and no flow. Prostate's said to be enlarged. What precautions do i have to take to not undergo surgery.
I'm 27 years old. I have fibroadenoma in left breast. And I have lump in forearm near elbow in left hand. Is it dangerous? What test I have to do further? Please answer me.
I am 22 years old. Iam feeling something in my breast from the past 6 months. I feel them like hard stones. And iam afraid of it. Can you tell me what could it be?
Hi there. She is 36 years old had lumps in right side breast 4 cm one year back it was 2 cm doc did mammography n scanning he said we ll see after 6 month no medicine nothing wt to do I want permanent treatment. please suggest can it turn in to cancer.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.