Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
I am suffering from hyper tension diabetes and obesity since last 8 to 10 years treatment going on through allopathic medicine suggest also breathing problem called sleep apnea and also taking medicine of thyroid.
Sir, I am 38Y Male. 90 KGs. Fasting 100, PP 156. BP remains normal at 130/80. Walk 100 min per week. Father Diabetic. HbA1C 6.0. Would I require medication or I can help myself by mere lifestyle changes? I have stopped rice and very less sugar intake now. I have discomfort in knee in the form of little pain (May be due to Vit D Deficiency). Any tests you recommend? Thank you for your guidance.
Hi i am 50 years old suffering diabities and suffocation when I take aerocort inhalar i am relief in diabities I take gemer fort 1, 2 times a day my blood sugar is fasting 145 post lunch 250 please suggest what to do for both problem ?
I am 57 years old from bangalore, I would like to know how I can find a good doctor for my diabetics control status. Presently I am on M1 glimisave, morning one hour before b/f or lunch.
I am 47 years old, in my family all of them got diabetes at the age of 33 yrs. I have gone for diabetes test every year. PP GLUCOSE test showed 180 reading. Doctor prescribed tablets (dianil) after taking 1/2 tablet I collapsed with eye turns. I consulted again doctor told that in initial stage it will be like that later it will be alright. Again I tried and got the same effect. Till that day I have not taking any medication. This was happed a year ago. Am I diabetic. In which intervals of time, I have to take diabetic tests. And at which reading I have to take medicines daily? Is there any tests to check I am a diabetic or not instead of regular blood glucose test? And what medicines and dosage I have to take. Now I am not taking any diabetic medicines.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism from last 4-5 years and now I am taking thyronorm 150 mg. But I still feel weakness, fatigueness, muscle pain, lack of motivation, lack of libido, weight gain and all related symptoms. This is my last thyroid test report. T3 - 1.18 ng/ml, T4 - 7.15 ug/dl and TSH - 4.04 uIU/ml. Test was taken on 29 Jan 2016.
Respected sir /ma'am I am a diabetic patient and 41 years old since yesterday I have pain in the backside Center just behind the chest Just for few mins what could be the reason for this ! Please reply asap Thank you !
My Sugar level always remains at border line in both fasting and pp. Should I start taking medicines or it can be controlled without medicine?
Diabetic since 20 years. Pp is around 210. Take 3 pegs whisky everyday and smoke 15 cigarettes. Current problem is high sugar, trygleride above 250 and ED since last one year. Suggest remedies.
I am 5 week pregnate .i had my gtt test my reports were ok but my fasting sugar is 108 high. As I don't eat sugary things but still its high what shud I suppose to do now so that it will not affect my pregnancy.
I have hypothyroidism since 15 years and taking medicine eltroxin 100 mg since then. Please suggest me the diet for hypothyroidism.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that results in high blood sugar levels in the body. It basically means that the body is either insensitive to insulin or the insulin production levels in the body go down. The various symptoms of diabetes are blurred vision, weight loss and hunger.
Some other symptoms of diabetes are:
- Excessive urine output
- Wounds that take time to heal
- Yeast infections
- You may experience fatigue on a regular basis
- Frequent Mood Changes
Diabetes is also known as a Lifestyle disease. From the food you eat to the amount of activity, they are all connected to diabetes prevention. The various modifications that you may carry out to prevent diabetes are:
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it increases your overall wellbeing. It helps you to lose weight and allows you to maintain optimal blood sugar levels. It can also improve your body's sensitivity to insulin to prevent blood sugar problems. Exercise helps in increasing endorphin levels in the body which are responsible for keeping you happy and satiated, thereby avoiding depression and over-eating.
- Eat more whole grains: Unlike simple carbohydrates, whole grains are complex carbohydrates that raise your blood sugar steadily instead of spiking it suddenly. Avoid refined grains as most of the important nutrients are stripped from refined grains. A Well-balanced diet with adequate amounts of PUFA/MUFA help in increasing the insulin sensitivity, reducing cholesterol and heart problems, etc.
- Eat a lot of fiber: If you have type 2 diabetes, you should be, including high-fiber foods in your diet is a healthy way to control high blood sugar. Fiber does not raise blood glucose levels. Because it is not broken down by the body, the fiber in an apple or a slice of whole grain bread has no effect on blood glucose levels because it isn't digested. The grams of fiber can actually be subtracted from the total grams of carb you are eating if you are using carbohydrate counting for meal planning. Fiber helps you in feeling satiated, thus prevents you from overeating. It also improves your blood sugar levels and decreases your chances of getting affected by heart disease.
- Lose weight: You should aim to maintain a healthy weight level as it also decreases the risk of diabetes. It also helps in improving your cardiovascular health. Follow a regimen, which is based on a balanced diet and moderate amount of exercise. Losing weight is the best way to keep diabetes away. Weight is something that we can keep under control. The waist size of men and women should not be more than 150 cm and 90 cm respectively. Always maintain your ideal body weight as per your BMI (Body Mass Index). Globally, obesity is one of the leading causes of diabetes.
- Avoid sugary drinks: With ten teaspoons of sugar in every 12-ounce can or bottle, sweet drinks can send your blood sugar soaring and boost your risk for weight gain, high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease. One sugary drink a day adds 150 empty calories and 40 to 50 grams of blood-sugar-raising carbohydrates to your diet, and can lead to a weight gain of 15 pounds per year. Switching to healthier drinks can save hundreds of calories and a lot of carbohydrates.
- Avoid Stress: When you are stressed, your blood sugar levels rise. Stress hormones like epinephrine and cortisol kick in since one of their major functions is to raise blood sugar to help boost energy when it's needed most. You can't fight danger when your blood sugar is low, so it rises to help meet the challenge. Both physical and emotional stress can prompt an increase in these hormones, resulting in an increase in blood sugars and diabetes. Ensuring a stress-free life is very important if you want to stay away from diabetes. Avoid stress by going out for garden-walks, indulging in social causes/activities, yoga, meditation, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.