Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T. Madhana MohanYour feedback matters!
And while diabetes is a popular medical condition, a lot of people don't have much information about it. Although, they know the major types of diabetes, they have no clue about the difference between them. Here we outline type I vs type ii diabetes-
***type I diabetes- formerly known as juvenile onset or insulin dependent diabetes, type I diabetes is the one in which your body's immune system destroys all kinds of cells that release insulin. Over a period of time, this results in elimination of insulin production from the body, because of which the cells cannot absorb glucose or sugar and produce energy. Type I diabetes have episodes of low blood sugar level and it cannot be problem. Symptoms usually start from childhood or young adulthood.
***type ii diabetes- the adult onset or non-insulin dependent diabetes can develop at any age, particularly after the 30s, although the cases of same are rising rapidly among children. This type of diabetes involves production of insulin, but not in a right way, a condition known as insulin resistance. For this kind of diabetes, the person usually might not have symptoms before the diagnoses and there are rarely any episodes of low sugar level. It can be easily prevented or delayed by following a healthy lifestyle and indulging in regular exercising.
If you have any of the above symptoms or have more questions related to diabetes, click on consult privately to ask me.
Is there a special diet to combat hypothyroidism? Once diagnosed with hypothyroidism is it possible to become normal or is it like diabetes?
My TSH is 4.8 microIU/ml and T4 and T3 is normal. And Vit B12 is 196 pg/mL and vit D level is 5.9 Do I need Further more investigations. What is the reason for these low levels and what should be my treatment line.
Hi, I am a 48 years old female suffering from thyroid and very low hemoglobin can you suggest me as to how can I increase content by home remedies?
Hi, my husband has high blood sugar, and that time he used to take 2 medicines 1 is glynase mf, and another one is voglimac - 0.3, but recent fasting sugar test has appeared only 79 so in this case shall he take any medicine or not? if yes then which medicine will to take?
Recently I consulted doctor for mair loss problem and done some tests and found that I have hypothyroid and I am taking thyroxine 50 mg daily from one week. Because of thyroid I have lost so much my hair and I have cold and breathing problem. If I continue to take thyroxine tablet will my hair loss stop and cold and breathing problem will be cured?
I am diabetic but only one time it detected before a year and it was 375 in fasting at that time. I took medicine for some time and after that I tested myself many times but report was clear. It was 80 to 90 never more than that what could be the reason and should I consider myself diabetic or I am a normal person?
Dear doctor, I am from chandigarh, india is having diabetes type 2 and taking insulin novo mix ---30 45 units in the morning and 48 in the night say first before breakfast and another before dinner and tab blsto mf 2 500 gm 1 after breakfast and one after dinner? I fell numbness on my tongue and breathlessness / shortness of breath after injecting insulin why it is so? and my blood sugar fasting remains 125 ----145 when check on glucometer and 237 ----268 at evening before dinner please answer and advise please why numness /brathlesness after injecting insulin as told please.
What is effective medicine in homeopathy for diabetics. I am having sugar since two years and my sugar levels are normal. I. E. 105fasting and135after taking food. Iam taking glimisave m1 tablet before meals twice everyday. Pl advice the best medicine.
I am 27 years old with normal t3 and t4 but tsh is 13. I am gaining some weight for some time now. I know I am suffering from hypothyroidism. I have no medical history and I don't take any medicine. Sometimes I have high BP and since childhood I have joint pain. I have decided to go for morning walks and healthy food habits. Will it work or I need medicine for hypothyroidism. Are my tsh levels serious at this age?
I am patient of ulcerative colitis and diabetics. What should be my diet? and consumption of egg is harmful if not how meny eggs per day I can consume? and in which season? please reply promptly. Thanks.
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you go and visit a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
Related Tip: Does Hormonal Imbalance Hint the Risk of Diabetes?