Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old female. I am using pregnancy conceiving tablets from last 1 and half year as I am suffering with PCOD problem. So is this a right way to take these kind of medicines for long cycles? Is this cause any harm like cancer to my body? Please reply.
How to prevent cancer in early stages? And also suggest which foods are given strength and energy for suffering with cancer.
I diagnosed with tongue cancer in October 2015 Surgery has been done what kind of treatment will be given to me after surgery and it is curable or not.
About my wife back pain started in her lumber and thoracic back portion in the month of feb. 2012. We started treatment under local doctor's advice and took pain killers and some muscle relaxant and pain healed. But, it got repeated every week and we did the same treatment for the span of month. After that we did total analysis and it was found that there is compression at d8-d-9 and infection from d8-d10 and l3-l4 of spine. Then we did biopsy (first biopsy) of developed lesions and all reports were normal. At this time othopedician doctor advise us that it can be non-detectable tb infection (as it is non-pulmonary) and we started akt-4 on the basis of symptoms even though mtb was negative up to 4th week of culture growth. She took akt-4 for 20 months (june 2012 to feb-2014). During last 6 months of this time of period she was absolutely fine and started normal movements which were restricted during initial part of treatment. Infection was healed partially, and lesions was also started to disappear. We monitored it by ct scan after every 3 months. But in dec 2014 when medicine supposed to stop completely, again sever back pain started and it was found that there is formation of pus and damage of tissues at d8-d10, l3-l4. During this time of period she suddenly lost her weight by 18 kg (within 15 days), so operated and currated all the pus and infected part from the infected location (second biopsy). That sample we again sent for all the lab tests and it is again negative for mtb. We cultured that sample further and it is fount that this is slow growing ntm (non tuberculin mycobacterium) infection. And rest of all test were normal. As it is very slow growing we cannot found out exact genome of that bacterium. So, at this time infectious disease specialist and spine specialist doctors took decision together and stop akt 4 and started her; 1. Amikacin sulphate 1g: daily im/iv 2. Clarrithromycin: 500mg twice a day 3. Doxycyclin and lactic acid bacillus: twice a day 4. Levofloxacin: 750mg once a day during this treatment only her bsl found high without any diabetic history; so she is also taking, 5. Reclide 80mg twice a day 6. Metformine 500 mg twice a day as amikacin daily 1 gm is very high dose we are monitoring her serum creatinine, lft, esr, crp level on weekly basis; and if serum creatinine level is above standard value doctor advising to stop amikacin for some time and once it comes to normal level again we are starting it. Rests of the medicines are same. Above mentioned medicine has been taken for 4.5 months and again we did contrast mri for analyzing effectiveness of therapy. But in this latest mri report it is found that there is new disease has been developed at d9-d10 vertebral bodies and intervention disc. So, we taken advice from Dr. Rajeev soman, hinduja, mumbai. He has diagnosed it as below; 1. Primary tuberculine infection 2. Secondary nosocomial infection 3. Non-tubeculine mycobacterium and prescribed following medicines for 6 months; 1. Inj. Tigecycline (tiganex) 50 mg, bd - 6 months 2. Tab. Clarrithromycine (synclar) 500 mg, bd - 6 months 3. Tab. Levofloxacine (levoflox) 750 mg, od - 6 months 4. Tab. Linezolid 600 mg, od - 6 months } now all medicines stopped due to severe side effect. Side effect recovery is going on. What should we do?
Hey, it has been diagnosed that I have fibroadenoma in my left breast. Doctors told that its happen in teen age sometimes but not dangerous at all. I just want to know if this can become cancerous or not.
Anyone on here have chronic prostatitis. Iv'e dealt with mine for 6 years now. It's debilitating! Not sure if it came from infected bladder stones or unprotected sex.
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.
Recently I came across a true cut biopsy report of a Tumor in which it was stated Malignant Neoplasm, Suspected Sarcoma. Is it a cancer? Later some further MRI/USG etc are in process but what is the fate of the patient? The tumor is in a form of medium sized lump in the left chest wall, with no pain and inflammation. Patient age 77. Doctors are suggesting a surgery to remove the tumor but the fear is whether it will help anything? Is there a chance of spreading of the disease further if operated? Please give a good suggestion what best can be done.
Is lymph nodes in kidney means cancer? Ultrasound shows - few non specific lymph nodes in right iliac fossa bigger measuring 12x5 mm.
Cervical cancer occurs when abnormal cells on the cervix grow out of control. The cervix is the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina. Cervical Cancer is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Most cervical cancer is caused by a virus called human papillomavirus, or HPV. You can get HPV by having sexual contact with someone who has it. There are many types of the HPV virus. Not all types of HPV cause cervical cancer. Some of them cause genital warts, but other types may not cause any symptoms.
Most adults have been infected with HPV at some time. An infection may go away on its own. But sometimes it can lead to cervical cancer. That's why it's important for women to have regular screening. A screening can find changes in cervical cells before they turn into cancer. If you treat these cell changes, you may prevent cervical cancer.
Symptoms of Cervical Cancer may include:
- Bleeding from the vagina that is not normal, such as bleeding between menstrual periods, after sex, or after menopause.
- Persistent abnormal discharge.
Cervical cancer is the easiest gynecologic cancer to prevent, with regular screening tests and follow-up. Two screening tests can help prevent cervical cancer or find it early:
- The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for precancers, cell changes on the cervix that might become cervical cancer if they are not treated appropriately.
- The HPV test looks for the virus (human papillomavirus) that can cause these cell changes.
When to Get Screened
You should start getting regular Pap tests at age 21. The Pap test, which screens for cervical cancer, is one of the most reliable and effective cancer screening tests available. The Pap test is the best way to find cervical cell changes that can lead to cervical cancer. Regular Pap tests almost always show these cell changes before they turn into cancer. It's important to follow up with your doctor after any abnormal Pap test result so you can treat abnormal cell changes. This may help prevent cervical cancer.
In spite of being a fatal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that deal with this problem effectively. Some of them are:
1. Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed treatment to cure cervical cancer is surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic nymph nodes.
2. Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to destroy them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 23 years old female ,height 5 feet and weight is 45 kg approx. From the last few days when I sleep I feel pain in my right side breast and now when I touched my breast I feel that there is something hard in my breast .kindly suggest me the cause and prevention of this problem and which particular doctor should I consult?
My son has Ewing sarcoma on his left tibia,Dr will operate and remove the bone by ecrt method,now he is alright, can it will come again ?
Summary report. FINAL DIAGNOSIS: GAIN CELL TUMOUR LEFT LITTLE finger Surgery: Ray Amputation left little finger done on18-11-2004 c/o swelling over little finger since 1 month 2 weeks History and finding :c/o swelling over little finger since 1 month 2 weeks MNH biopsy done on 25.10.2004. His biopsy report (8.11.2004)-gain cell tumour. To rule of out brown. Tumour of hyperparathyroid. U/s of thyroid - normal study PTH Essay -32, 71has been admitted for ray amputation of left little finger. Investigations: hb 16. 2gms. Discussion and treatment: Ray amputation left little finger done on 18.11.2004. under g/a. Patient was on injection epoecelin 1gm IV BD. Injection dumafol 50 gm im. Dressing changed on 2nd POD wound cleaned. Advice at discharge :cap proxyvon 1 SOS for pain. Ambulation / rehabilitation :plan :Review on 10th POD for suture removal. Advised to review in the out patient on 28.11.2004. Now I am 29 years male, If it will be repeat in future?
Loss of memory benign, enlarged prostate resulting in loss of control over urine, frustration, irritating and abusive language, irrational thoughts, suicidal thoughts etc.
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist.