Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
I am 63 years diabetic. Type 1 since 15years having sugar level 190 ad 260pp taking humalog 20units morning 16 units night. I am bhp grade 1 with right renal lithiasis having stones of 7ad 9mm in right kidney. Due to enlarged prostrate I am facing frequent urination ad bladder is empty at one time. My hbaic is 8. 50 also having bp problems. One serious concern is erectile dysfunction ad premature ejaculaton. Can you suggest some safe medicine for ed ad premature ejaculate. For enlarged prostrate I am taking flotral alfuzion salt ad in addition to insulin I am taking vysov-, m ad diapride m-2. Please suggest safe medicine to cure the above problems. My lipid profile ad renal profile is normal. Please advise.
Hi l am 33 years old lady feeling a tumor in my left under arm. I have a baby and she is 10 month old.
Can oral leukoplakia always turn into cancer even if tobacco is stopped. Will it regress and disappear after tobacco is stopped.In Pune were it can be surgically removed.
Now it's time to introduce/add society, ayurvedic drugs like ashokarista, pushyanug churna, supari pak, kanchnar guggle etc along with natural panchkarma therapy to fight with cervical cancer these ayurvedic treatment having very good results in such disorder.
My mom suffering with overian cancer, her age is 65 years old. She can take the 6 chemotherapys, doctor suggested surgery but she is not interested. I have a small doubt that her age will support the surgery ? after chemo doctor not given any medical support, is it surgery is necessary or not. Pls give you are valuable suggestions.
My KUB ultrasound shows prostate weight of 25 grams, and REDUCED ECHOES from prostate. My urinary frequency is higher than normal, and I also get up one to two times during sleep to urinate. Ejaculation causes mild burning and discomfort in lower abdomen and sometimes penis. ALSO, in August 2015, I had a very severe bout of pain and burning in my genitals (penis, scrotum, perineum) and lower abdomen (just above penis). It lasted for 3 months. It was triggered by frequent ejaculation. Since then, I have reduced the frequency of ejaculation to once a week. What could I be suffering from? Should I get TRUS or PSA test done? What do reduced echoes from prostate signify?
I am 23 years old female I am having lump in right side of my breast and it has increase in size! I don't have any pain in it the lump can move every where in breast. It is movable. Is it cancerous or non cancerous?
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Blood test cancer prostate is PSA. It is done only if there is a suspicion of cancer. Most cases can be managed by medication. Surgical removal procedure needs a minimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.