Get Rid of Varicose Veins with Laser Treatment
Hello! I am DR. Sudhir, consultant interventional radiologist and varicose vein specialist. I have been working the treatment of varicose veins for the past 10 years. I have been running DR. Sudhir Scan centers and varicose vein clinic Hyderabad.
First of all what are varicose veins? Veins are the blood vessels that carry blood vessels from the legs back to the heart. They have multiple valves. Whenever these valves are filled, the veins dilate and are called as varicose veins. Usually these veins occur in the leg because of the long length there. The main valves, veins affected are the great saphenous veins and the short saphenous veins. This problem can occur at any age group, however women are more commonly affected than men.
Coming to what happens after you are diagnosed with varicose veins and what should be the treatment? Treatment used to be previously surgery. You know surgery has its own problems. First of all they had to give general anesthesia. General anesthesia in which the patient is put to sleep has its own problem and the other alternative was spinal anesthesia. Also the procedure was called stripping wherein the entire vein was cut open and removed. And this led to a lot of loss of blood as well as a lot of pain, swelling and the patient was out of work for almost a month. So now the modality is not yet used. Now we are using the latest treatment called the Endovenous laser treatment.
As you know now in all medical and surgical specialties we are only using lasers to the latest modality of treatment. Lasers give the advantage of reduced bleeding and reduce downtime. Like that similarly in varicose veins specialty also we are using the lasers. In this the entire process is formed and done under local anesthesia. The laser fiber is inserted by a small needle into the vein and once the laser fiber is inserted we check the position of the fiber using ultrasound and then the laser is activated and the vein is obliterated. Once the vein is obliterated in time, the diffused vein will close and the blood will flow back to the heart via another means. The other modality which we use is Insculerio Therapy. The Insculerio therapy is only used for the side branch vein and when there is excess twisting of veins. If there is excess twisting of vein, we cannot insert a laser fiber, so we use Insculerio therapy in those conditions. So regarding laser most patients are having a misconception that they cannot undergo the treatment because of their ill health. However, this is a very safe procedure and almost anyone can do.
In fact the only people who we do not do are patients who are pregnant, because many people develop varicose veins during pregnancy. And once the pregnancy is finished the varicose veins disappear by themselves. So we wait until the pregnancy is done so that we can treat varicose veins. Other contradictions are the presence of active clots in the way we do not want to dislodge any clots from the vein which can travel to the heart. So we do not put anything into the vein when there is an active clot. Old patients, diabetic patients, people with heart problems, asthma all can be treated with the laser treatment. So why us? Our clinic is centrally located in Hyderabad and also we have everything under the same roof. I am a consultant radiologist and I can do Doppler scanning by myself. This will help me to get a better idea about the position of the way and other problems and so this helps me to give a better treatment for my patient.
Also we use the latest equipment, the 1419 NM equipment. This 1419 NM equipment will target the blood vessel wall itself and not the blood. The older wavelengths which were used in the laser, used to cause the clotting of the blood. Now with this new wavelength, instead of clotting of the blood we have direct shrinkage of the blood vessel and this gives a better result. Also we have all the facilities including a lab tilting table. We also have various surgical and skin specialists also here under the same roof who will help in treating of the varicose ulcers. Also we provide attractive treatment packages with up to 6 months duration for the follow-up. So that even ulcers which are long-standing can be treated under the same city.
This is DR. Sudhir Pudi located at Ameerpet Hyderabad. You can contact me through lybrate or walk into my clinic anytime. Thank you.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhir Pudi
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir PudiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Sudhir pudi is a person with good and polite with a lot of patience. He is Expertise in varicose veins treatment. I was suffering from discoloration and leg ulcers for both of my legs since 6 months. I came to Dr Sudhir’s clinic , he diagnosed the root cause of my leg ulcer problem associated with varicose veins and have successfully undergone endovenous laser treatment with reasonable cost. It’s been 1 week now I have taken the treatment and I can see that the ulcers started showing the signs of healing which I really give my Heartful thanks to Dr. Sudhir pudi. I recommend to those who is suffering from Venous or varicose problems. Please consult Dr.. Sudhir Pudi.
Dr Sudhir Pudi is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. During the complete enlarged prostate treatment program he always supported and motivated me. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. The enlarged prostate was increasing day by day. I was quite impressed with Sudhir Pudi concept of holistic healing. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. The suggestions he gave benefittde me to a great extent .
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from heel pain. I visited a radiologist, Dr Sudhir Pudi. His treatment helped me immensly to deal with an issue. He ensures that he listens to his patients. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease.
Dr Sudhir is very calm and listens to patients problem properly. I have benefitted with hertreatment a lot. He is simply one of the best doctor in Hyderabad
Dr. Sudhir Pudi provides answers that are caring, well-reasoned and inspiring. Thanks doc. I ll discuss with her
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sudhir Pudi to be knowledgeable. Thanku sir
What is echogenic focus in fetus left ventricle, found on level 2 ultrasound during 19 weeks pregnancy? Is anything serious?
Many people all over the world often suffer from chronic back pain due to various reasons. Persisting for weeks together, this type of acute pain in the back can even cause severe damage to one's daily work schedule. It is often the neck or the lower back or upper or middle back that cause such pain and forces one to look for medical assistance. And it is this necessity for obtaining a cure or treatment solution that radiology becomes extremely helpful in dealing with chronic back pain. Read further to have a better idea of how radiology can be of great help in getting relief from the annoying and distressing chronic back pain.
What is radiology?
Radiology refers to a branch of medicines which dealing with radiant energy, helps in the proper diagnosis as well as treatment of a disease. This specialty specifically uses medical imaging for diagnosing a disease or the root of illness and treating it. This field is divided into two major areas, one is interventional radiology, and the other is diagnostic radiology.
Radiology and chronic back pain
Radiology is known to be an ideal solution for getting relief from the constant suffering of chronic back pain. Whether it's a pain in the spine or the hip, radiology helps in ensuring accurate treatment while reducing the chances of inappropriate treatments which often is performed due to the lack of knowledge about the root problem. With the image-guided injections and the accurate diagnosis, radiology reaches to the root of the back pain and helps the medical professionals have a better understanding about what's ailing the patient.
How is radiology effective in treating back pain?
While the majority of the back pain can be dealt with proper rest, anti-inflammatory medications and physiotherapy sessions, when it turns out to be a chronic pain, proper diagnosis is the best option for dealing with the pain. Using different radiological imaging services such as CT or computerized tomography, MRI or magnetic resonance imaging and X-ray, the location of the pain can be easily identified and then is treated properly. And treating the back area with different therapeutic injections becomes necessary, such as nerve root injections or facet joints injections or epidural injections, for dealing with the chronic back pain, again it’s radiology that turns out to be an irreplaceable part of successful treatment.
Chronic back pain being one of the most common reasons for visiting a doctor, opting for the right diagnosis procedure becomes crucial for identifying the main underlying reason which is causing the pain. And there's no doubt that it is with the help of the latest imaging facilities of radiology that accurate diagnosis as well as managing the pain can be possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
Radiology is a special branch of medical science that uses various techniques of imaging for the diagnosis and the treatment of several types of diseases in the body. The different types of imaging techniques used in radiology are X-rays, Computerised Tomographic scan (CT Scan), ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and nuclear medicine which includes Positron Emission Tomography(PET).
Role played in evaluating hip replacement
Hip replacement surgeries have become extremely common in the recent times, and radiological evaluation remains the mainstay of the overall hip replacement procedure. Thus, the role played by radiology is quite significant in such situations. All the specific anatomical landmarks and the measurements are used to make sure the placement is perfect during the hip replacement surgery. Radiological imaging helps in the assessment of the following conditions that are as discussed below.
The length of leg
The inequality in the length of the two legs is prevalent after a hip replacement surgery which can create a great deal of discomfort and inconvenience to the patients. A greater difference in the length of the two legs increases the chances of dislocation, and this is a situation where radiological evaluation plays a crucial role. With the help of radiological imaging, the length of the legs can be made almost equal.
The horizontal center of rotation
In this case, horizontal center of rotation helps in the assessment of the acetabular component of the prosthesis. This is calculated by the measurement of the distance between the center of the head of the femur and the acetabular teardrop. This distance should be bilaterally equal, and it is just not possible without the help of the imaging techniques of radiology.
The acetabular inclination is the angle formed between the face of the cup and the transverse axis. If the angle is less, then it results in a stable hip, but the abduction is limited. On the other hand, if the angle increases then there are high chances of dislocation of the hip. Thus, with the help of radiological evaluation, proper and effective angular inclination is given which is optimum for the patient.
The stem positioning of the femur
The main aim of the stem positioning of the femur in a hip replacement surgery is placing the stem in a position which is neutral within the shaft. To get a proper idea of the positioning, the imaging techniques are of utmost importance which cannot be achieved perfectly without the imaging.
Thus, the crucial role the different techniques of radiological imaging plays during the overall procedure of a hip replacement surgery can be perceived. With the use of the different imaging techniques, the results obtained are closer to perfection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging is a process of reproducing images from the structures & organs of the insides of the body on the computer screen with the help of energy pulses generated from the radio waves using a magnetic field placed inside a special machine.
MRI is used to diagnose various medical conditions like internal injuries or bleeding, rupture of blood vessels & other internal infections. However, an MRI scan is also useful for diagnosis of brain tumors, brain strokes, spinal tumors, bone tumors, ruptured ligaments, breast cancers, aneurysm etc. MRI scan is also used to detect problems in liver, gallbladder, kidneys, eyes and ears that are otherwise unrecognisable.
On comparing it with other similar imaging processes like ultrasound imaging, CT scans & X-rays, you will come across the following facts:
- MRI can effortlessly produce images from different directions & orientations of one particular structure.
- MRI is also helpful for getting detailed & precise images of soft tissues in comparison to similar imaging processes.
- MRI provides a macroscopic overview of the body in contrast to other imaging processes like ultrasound which concentrates on a minute examination of your body parts.
- MRI is also useful to determine the limit to which cancer has spread in the body.
- MRI can be useful to detect health issues when other imaging processes fail, because of its multi-faceted image recording technique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
My mom having abdominal pain. Usg shows antero inferior wall uterine fibroid measuring 1.8×1.7 cm. Need any surgical intervention?
Papillary carcinoma thyroid After removal of thyroid gland, it's there any chance that the disease may relapse?
Gone are the days when bone ailments and damages were detected based on the experience and superficial conversations made by the physicians. These days with the advent of radio waves, medical science has made significant progress that has enabled a detailed overview of what exactly is going on inside your body and what should be the most relevant treatment in that regard. Magnetic Resonance Imaging or more commonly known as MRIs are a boon when it comes to diagnosing orthopedic and musculoskeletal complaints.
Common Uses of the Procedure:
MR imaging is usually the best choice for examining the:
- body’s major joints.
- spine for back pain
- soft tissues (muscles, tendons and ligaments) and bones of the extremities.
MR imaging is typically performed to diagnose or evaluate:
- degenerative joint disorders such as arthritis.
- tears of the menisci, ligaments and tendons (knee) or rotator cuff and labrum (shoulder and hip).
- fractures (in selected patients).
- spinal disk abnormalities (such as a herniated disk).
- the integrity of the spinal cord after trauma.
- sports-related injuries and work-related disorders caused by repeated strain, vibration or forceful impact.
- infections (such as osteomyelitis).
- tumors (primary tumors and metastases) involving soft tissues around the joints and extremities (such as muscles, bones and joints).
- pain, swelling or bleeding in the tissues in and around the joints and extremities.
- congenital malformations of the extremities in children and infants.
- developmental abnormalities of the extremities in children and infants.
- congenital and idiopathic (developing during adolescence) scoliosis prior to surgery.
- tethered spinal cord (abnormal stretching in the spinal cord) in infants and children.
In this process, X-rays and radio waves are subjected upon the affected region to examine the conditions of the bones, tissues, muscles and also detect the presence of tumours. This is majorly a non-invasive test and is painless. It does not use ionizing rays and therefore does not harm the body in any which way. The MRIs capture a detailed picture of the organs and the internal body structures and then transmit them onto a computer screen for the physician to monitor the inside story.
- MRI is an imaging technique that does not require exposure to radiation.
- MR images of the soft-tissue structures of the body (particularly muscles, bones and joints) are often clearer and more detailed than with other imaging methods. This detail makes MRI an invaluable tool in early diagnosis and evaluation of many conditions, including tumors.
- MRI can distinguish abnormal tissues from normal tissues much more accurately than most other imaging tests (x-ray, CT, etc.).
- MRI enables the discovery of abnormalities that might be obscured by bone with other imaging methods.
- The contrast material used in MRI exams is less likely to produce an allergic reaction than the iodine-based contrast materials used for conventional x-rays and CT scanning.
- MR images allow the physician to clearly see even very small tears and injuries to tendons, ligaments and muscles and some fractures that cannot be seen on x-rays and CT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a radiologist.
Radiology is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases using radiant energy. Radiology uses the imaging technology like ultrasound, x-ray radiography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), nuclear medicine. The imaging technology helps the doctor (or physician) to see within the human body and helps you get diagnosed and treated in a better way.
Radiology is also referred to as radioscopy or clinical radiology where the latter refers to the diagnosis and treatment of fatal injuries/diseases. Radiologist is a doctor who has specialized in radiology after completion of a formal medical course to become a certified doctor. Radiographer is in turn a technician who specializes in the physical operation of scans and machines like x-rays etc. You must be well aware that the Radiologist is a professional doctor but the Radiographer is just a technician.
The following are the various uses of radiology when it comes to monitor the activity of your heart:
- MRI: It is known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging and it makes use of the energy stored in your body’s hydrogen atoms. It uses highly advanced computer 2-D and 3-D images and no ionizing radiation is used in MRI. The activity with the heart can be precisely recorded by MRI scan.
- Nuclear medicine: It involves giving your body a small tracker or a radioactive material which records the radiation coming from your body using special cameras like gamma cameras or PET. It can measure the complexity of your heart disease.
- Fluoroscopy: It helps to give real time visualization of the body by using x-rays that allow the doctor to efficiently monitor the body part, joint and bones as well as the activity that pertains to the heart.
- Ultrasound: It is a test which uses high frequency sound waves to form an image within the insides of any human organ like blood vessels or the heart. Many prefer this form of imaging test which uses sound waves instead of radiation and is considered less harmful.
- Computed Tomography: In this type of scan, a 3-D image is formed through several 2-D images taken at a single line of axis rotation. This test is useful as it gives detailed images of specific parts of the body like blood vessel, arteries, and soft tissues surrounding your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases.