Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudha Krishnan
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I last somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
Sir I am studying 12th standard then I joined long term coaching along with my friends I am one of the most intelligent student among them but I got less marks in final eamcet I am confusing what I do right now Is it possible to study second long term all of my friends join in college I am mentally upset I am not at all decide what I do right now With my marks I am not get medicine seat it was very painful to me. Sir please suggest me what I do like my parents are interested to join second long term coaching this year My feeling is all of my friends are joined in colleges except me then it is possible to study second long term.
I have many problems like heavy hair fall loosing skin glow weakness weight loss low hb mental disturbance irregular periods and important is lack of sleep please help me.
I used to take vitamin E tablets seldom. But now I've been taking them (vit E capsules) tablets regularly from 1 week. It's really working on my skin and I found that pimples which I had before are getting healed and there are no further symptoms of any pimple till now but I'm worried if I can orally take this tablet regularly. And what if I stop taking the capsules suddenly. Will the pimples attack me again. Will I have to continue taking tablets regularly to prevent pimples. Can you please tell me the side effects and Benefits of taking vitamin E capsules orally and by applying on to the skin. thank you.
Hello My age is 26 yrs. Hai Meri problem ye hai ki mere brain me vibration anf current jasa ho taha aisa pahle bhi hua tha tab mai 12 yrs. Ki thi tab maine doctor ne sare test karke mujhe Serta 50 or petril .25 tablet di usse mai theek ho gai thi mujhe samajh nahi aa raha ye kya ho raha hai mere sath or us doctor ne kaha tha ye bimari man se judi hai mansik hai ab aap bataye mai kya karu please
Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is the name given to the symptoms seen in you if you consume heavy doses of alcohol frequently and then suddenly quit or reduce your alcohol intake considerably. These symptoms may surface anytime between six hours to a few days after you last drank.
Common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome:
- Immense sweating
- High blood pressure
All these symptoms may worsen over a few days and may even last till a few weeks.
What is the root cause?
Alcohol arouses your nervous system. In case you are a heavy drinker, your body gradually gets dependent on alcohol, and cannot adapt too easily to the lack of alcohol after you have abruptly quit. This is the root cause of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS).
Who is at risk?
You are at the maximum risk of AWS if you are an alcohol addict, or you cannot gradually cut down on its intake.
How do doctors diagnose AWS?
Usually, doctors will search for a few symptoms in you, like irregular heart rate, dehydration, fever, and tremors or minor fits. A toxicology screen also helps your doctor finding out the levels of alcohol in your body.
How is AWS treated?
Treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms. Usually are:
1. Home Care - Mild symptoms of AWS can be treated at your home. You need to go for your regular routine checkups and tests. You may also have to go to rehabilitation programs for recovering alcoholics.
2. Hospitalization - If your symptoms are more severe, you may have to be treated in a hospital, where you will be monitored and kept on a fluid diet to help prevent dehydration.
3. Medications - You can also be treated with sedatives.
Do you recover fully?
Usually, chances are that you will fully recover from AWS. If you quit drinking, take your medicines on time, and lead a healthy life thereafter. However, sleep disturbances and fatigue may persist. But, if you have severe symptoms of AWS, you should seek medical care as soon as possible to prevent any further fatal complications. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir mai haklake bolta hu ,mere parents bhut pareshan hote hain. Ki humara beta haklake bolta hai. please koi treatment btaye thik krne ka.
Hello doctor, Its difficult to explain my whole mental situation in here but i will give you a small brief. I had suffered from depression back in 2012 and was consulted by few psychiatrist on and off till end of 2013 and after that i went to new zealand for studies and now i am back in india.I believe i had and i am suffering from multiple disorders.Before going to New zealand i thought i am better than before and everything will be fine soon,but my situtaion has gone worse.I Have'nt take any medication since nov 2013 for that as i really dont want to get addicted to medications.Sometimes i am fine when i am doing my stuff but when i come back into real world i feel like theres no hope for me.There's a lot of things going in my head which i am aware of but dont know how to get rid of them.Please reply
My brother is 32 unmarried, his all friends are married and he is depressed for that, he is not getting matches becoz of his less salary, instead of getting improved, he feel depressed and losing confidence and not concentrating on work. My question is should he go for psychiatric counselling and treatment for that is it necessary? He shows weeping spells occasionally.
I am a student studying in class 12. I am in continuous from last 3 months. Due to this stress I am not able to concentrate on my studies and also sometimes I become very aggressive. I am not able to focus on anything. Also I suffer from continuous headache. Please help!
How to get rid of stinking mouth. Due to consumption of tobacco after 2 hrs of brushing my mouth starts stinking. How to get rid of tobacco habit. Pls help.
My both of septum of nose have got widened, I feel any foul smell and get mentally upset, my voice becoming worse. My are decaying too fast. No history of long sexual relations, frequent sensation of urine, lack of proper digestion, I want to diagnosis and treatment of these problems.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch with its dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor, snatches away the boon of communication.
Some of the mental health problems that you may suffer from due to a social media addiction are discussed below:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.