Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SubramanyamYour feedback matters!
What is the difference between osteoporosis and osteoarthritis? Do these are similar? Which is more harmful for human health? Thanks.
I am rohith, age 28 years from past one month I am suffering from back pain. Due to which I can not drive my bike or in some cases I can not sit or bend down also. Request you to help me out.
Did you know that yoga poses help you in achieving greater flexibility rather than develop it? If you are suffering from stiff hamstrings, painful lower back and locked-up hips and tried many yoga poses without any help, then you may not have tried the right poses. When the body is stiff, it feels like you are trapped within your own body. Flexibility exercises can help in alleviating joint stiffness that may have developed due to a wide array of reasons. Here are the main asanas that are great for joint flexibility.
- Big toe pose or Padangusthasana: This yogic pose can calm the nervous system and relieve stress and anxiety and stimulate your kidney and liver to optimize their functions. With regular practice, your calf muscles and hamstrings would stretch and your thighs would become stronger. If you are suffering from indigestion and insomnia, then big toe pose is a must try and it also helps in alleviating the symptoms of menopause.
- Bound angle pose or Baddha Konasana: This pose offers a host of benefits that include stimulating your abdominal organs, prostate glands, ovaries, kidneys and bladder. It also stimulates blood and oxygen circulation throughout the body and improves the heart condition. It is a therapeutic treatment for high blood pressure, anxiety, mild depression, fatigue flat feet, asthma and infertility. With consistent practice, you will be able to stretch your knees, groin and inner thigh.
- Child's pose or Balasana: This resting pose calms the mind and improves digestion to a great extent. It helps in elongation of the lower back by opening up and stretching this part of the body where all the weight is dumped while you sit and work all day long. This pose is perfect for opening up the hip and reducing hip pains and improving their flexibility.
- Cow face pose or Gomukhasana: When performed regularly, this pose helps in deep stretching the hips, thighs, ankles, armpit, shoulders, triceps, chest and deltoid. If you had been suffering from a chronic knee pain, this pose can help relieving it. It also aids in strengthening the spine and abdominals, and its folded variations are a great way of decompressing lower spine and clearing the hip joint.
Increased flexibility is one of the topmost benefits of yoga that would surely equip you with the freedom of movement and relaxation. However, it is always important to consult an expert before you try these poses, as they can evaluate your medical history and select the ideal yogic postures that would work best for you.
I am 18 years old. I am having constant pain at my knee joints. Also I feel a little dizzy while being out in sun for even a little time.
I have got tail bone pain because of sitting whole day in office and riding bike 50kms avg per day. How do I solve it?
I am a 54 years old male, taking daily evion 400mg on doctor friends advice to prevent muscle cramps. If I do not take for 2 to 3 days that medicine, at the time of getting up iam having muscle cramps in legs. Is there any permanent cure for this.
I am 50 year old (female) suffering from early spondyltic changes as described in mri of dorsal spine with mild kyphoscoliotic deformity of lower dorsal spine. Effect high pain at right side of chest and back.
I am 28 years old and I having knee pain in the morning little bit. I run and do exercises daily but knee problem remaining. How can I improve it. I fear that it will create problem in the future. So suggest.
I have neck pain since 5 year still the pain remain same even taking regular tablets. If I does not take tablet pain becomes double.
I did my mri for dorsal and lumbar spine and the report says that lumbar spondylosis with degenerative disc disease at L1-2, L2-3, L4-5, L5-SI. Mild bilateral nerve root canal narrowing at L4-5. D-spine mri says mild collapse of D11 with abnormal marrow signal of D11 & anteriosupeeior D12 with right side paravertebral soft tissue & collection-likely tuberculous in etiology. Can you Please suggest me what does this report mean? Do I have tuberculosis?
My mother is around 42 and she is suffering from severe backache and legs pain but this pain becomes more painful in this winter season and it causes swelling in her legs please suggest me something to get her relief from this pain.
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I am suffering from back pain last two years my height 5'6" weight 95 I still seat work continues 10 hours daily my my MRI reports normal but I am in stressed from pain lower back also.
The human body is so amazing yet sometimes, it is delicate. The condition of cervical spondylitis is one of the examples of this being the case. It is also known as cervical disc disease and is reputed to cause a pretty large amount of pain! That being said, it is not as if this pain cannot be reduced. After all, physiotherapy can make almost any situation better and this is pretty much the case with cervical spondylitis, as well!
Neck traction happens to be one of the popular methods prescribed by physiotherapy to help people who are suffering from cervical spondylitis pain. What is done in this process is that the neck is extended but at a very slow rate. While this may not seem like much itself, why this helps is that it goes a pretty long way in taking a lot of pressure off the discs of the spine. While it is true that neck traction is a thing which can be performed at home, it is very important to check with a professional physiotherapist to make sure that the technique that one is practicing is faultless so as to make sure that any painful accidents are not allowed to take place and make the situation worse than it already is!
Physiotherapy is all about engaging in activities which help make the condition better. So, when a person has cervical spondylitis pain, the therapist will spend some time with him or her so that the neck can be slowly adjusted and this will help the range of motion of the person’s neck improve by quite a large margin.
There are quite a few other ways to go about relieving the pain caused by cervical spondylitis by making use of physiotherapy. For example, deep tissue massage does have a large number of fans who swear by it. This is also the case when it comes to electrical stimulation. As a matter of fact, both of these are quite popular as a means to get the patient in the right condition for healing exercises to have their full effect.
After all the effort which is put in by the person by the way of exercise, it can be said to be important that he or she makes use of a cervical pillow, which is more commonly known as a neck pillow and a cervical collar, which can help the process of realignment. With correct physiotherapy, cervical spondylitis pain will soon be history!
(Synchronised full body massage)
Abhyangam is a gentle full body massage with selected herbal warm-oils . Abhyangam is one of the most rejuvenating treatment of Ayurveda. This stimulating treatment increases blood circulation, which in turn encourages quick removal of metabolic wastes, while providing relief in diseases such as:- Anxiety, Fatigue, Circulatory disorders, Rheumatic & Arthritic problems, Backaches & injuries
Abhyangam is recommended for stress relief, nervous stimulation, toning up of muscles, rejuvenation & immunization & also ideal for post delivery/natal care.