Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Dear sir, please tell how many garlic piece to be taken on daily basis? for cholestral control as per your kind advice garlic to be taken.
Do calories from hard liquor add just as much calorie energy fat as calories from other source Is there a genetic factor to strokes I am trying to eat a vegetarian diet. How can I get the protein that I need.
Sir/Mam I am 38 years old. My lab reports, My weight 40 KG TSH 2.26 cholesterol Total 193 Triglycerides 83 HDL 55 LDL 132 VLDL 17 Count WBC Pplymorphs 50 Lymphocytes 48 monocyte 00 eosinophil 02 Whats my position I think my LDL & TSH are high How to improve HDL & reduce ldl.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 6 month and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard and my voice is so hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
I am having chest aches for sometime. I feeling a crushing sensation and sometimes its hard to breathe. What could be the reasons for it? Is it normal or dangerous? I have no other medical conditions.
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.