Lybrate.com has top trusted Alternative Medicine Specialists from across India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shiva Shankar
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva ShankarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, My 9 months old infant is passing blood motions and he vomits frequently . I am trying to give bottle milk but he is refusing to drink bottle milk please suggest what to do.
I have severe headache. The headache is one side only please say what's is the problem pleases givevm suggestion.
Respected doctors, kindly tell me test 20---[telmisartan] versus losartan 25 mg which is best suited to me. As my Dr. has changed from losar25 to test 20 though my bp is 140/90, as I afraid to switch over to test 20 which may have serious side effects over losar25 mg.
I am 27 years old male. I've acnes problems for so many years. How to get rid of that? I don't have any allergies and blood report is normal.
HI I am 24 year old I have acne problem on my face and back I tried everything but it is back again and again Mostly in winters. Can deficiency of vitamin D cause this because I frequently get flu also and please prefer me which vitamin D tablets or supplement should I take.
It all started from severe head aches then chest pain. Had medicines. Ecg was normal.in cholesterol test LDH was little high. Now the current position is headaches with weakness nd blur vision sometimes. When the body heats up there is no headache. Its been 2 months but he is not getting out of this. please help.
Mood disorders are common psychological problems that affect a vast portion of the human populace all over the world every year. These occur when there is a shift or imbalance in a person's psyche which affects his or her daily function and interpersonal relations in varying degrees. Each individual is affected by these conditions in a different capacity and responds to them in a distinct manner.
Mood disorders generally manifest themselves as fluctuations in a person's temperament. It is triggered by various factors. These mental illnesses range from mild to severe, the latter requiring urgent psychological counseling and treatment. A mild condition may even develop into a painful and chronic one without any form of remedial intervention.
What are the most common types of mood disorders?
There are many distinctive categories of mood disorders that can affect a person. The most commonly occurring ones are as follows:
- Major depressive disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (sad)
Major depression is the most frequently occurring type of mood disorder. It causes mental and emotional turmoil, as well as physical anguish. Those affected by it may experience a single episode in isolation or multiple episodes over a period of time. The milder version of this condition is known as dysthymia.
Bipolar disorder is a comparatively rare condition that causes alternating states of extreme mania and depression. It is also known as manic-depressive illness. The mild version of this is called cyclothymia.
Seasonal affective disorder or sad is a depressive disorder that is known to affect those living in colder climes. It is caused generally by the lack of warmth and light, the onset of which begins in late autumn and lasts till the end of winter.
What causes a mood disorder?
Mood disorders are very difficult to diagnose as they can be caused by an assortment of triggers and the symptoms are not always apparent. This is particularly true in the case of dysthymia and cyclothymia.
Some of the usual factors that lead to mood disorders are:
- Chronic stress and anxiety
- Anomalies in the functioning of the nervous system
- Prolonged periods of isolation
- Childhood abuse and trauma
- Ineffectual coping mechanisms
- Insufficient nourishment/malnutrition
In most cases, a combination of multiple factors usually leads to the development of mood disorders and other mental illnesses. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Have you given birth to a newborn of late? Or, are you expecting to be a new mother in a couple of months? Whatever the trigger you surely know how motherhood brings about a huge lot of changes within and without. Motherhood, as a gratifying experience gradually works on our view of the world. It significantly shapes perspectives of people closely related to us. Such changes are internal and go way deeper in deciding the kind of parenthood you are ready for. The more obvious changes are however not satisfying. Many women find it strenuous to accept how their body changes every passing week. There are other disadvantageous health issues an expecting woman is known to face. From headaches, to hormonal imbalances, to back pain and fatigue; they face it all. Reportedly, the most prevalent yet distressing problem among pregnant women is that of hypertension. Causal factors leading to hypertension could be many; it is necessary to get diagnosed before your condition is too acute to tackle.
How can you regulate hypertension to keep healthy while pregnant:
- Addiction is a complete no-no: If you are addicted to smoking or drinking, you should stop immediately. Your bad habits can increase your blood pressure by a high percentage. You must also abstain from taking other banned drugs.
- Obesity is a major concern: Some people think obesity to be a sign of health during pregnancy. It is important to be strong and healthy, but excess of adipose tissues is really not required. Obesity can also lead to miscarriages. Even if you feel like binge eating, stick to a nutritious diet and avoid irregular food habits. The kind of food you take also determines your blood flow. It is better to eat food that has a low level of sodium.
- Indulge in physical activities: Routine workouts and moderate household activities that do not involve exertion must be done by all pregnant women. Exercise helps in circulating blood properly. It effectively betters your condition of hypertension. Consult a healthcare provider for good advice.
- Twins or triplets: If you are carrying more than one baby, you are at a higher risk of suffering from hypertension as your body is making adjustments to added stress. In such a case one needs to take medications to control blood pressure following the advice of a doctor.
- If you are above forty: Pregnant women over the age of forty are more likely to develop one of the four kinds of hypertension typically faced during childbearing. Since, at this age your body has already started degenerating you might be lacking in vitamins. Vitamin supplements, especially the intake of enough folic acid is strongly recommended.