Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a regular smoker I have been smoking from last 5 years I guess but yesterday something unusual happened with me as I came home after smoking. I saw blood coming out of my nose is that a serious issue or it happens with everyone?
I am 24 years old male. Working as an Engineer. By character I am a very nice person, my friends and my relatives also telling so. But when I am getting angry every thing going out of control. Even small mistakes from others also make me too much angry and I reacts very violently, that makes issues in my life. When I am getting angry I can not control my self, at that time I only think about some how I have to defeat the other person. Mostly I used rude language on them. But after all this I feels so sad on what I have done. But by this time the other person will be in such a condition that he can not forgive me. Please help me on this problem. Is this a disease? Do I need a counseling?
M having problem with my throat. Bleeding from my throat and horrible pain due to that feels feverish. My family suggested to stop drinking cold drinks and prescribed some medicines but still facing the same issue.
I am 31 years old but still i'm looking like 25 years boy. My body is not fit for my age. What is the problem sir? is there any defects in my body. Still I have no any bad habbits like smoking, drinking and tobacco? what should I have to do?
Psychiatric disorders like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia do not appear all of a sudden. There are small changes that happen to an individual over a long period of time until the disease fully develops. These signs and symptoms might be too subtle in the early stage for other people to notice until they become obvious. But an early detection of any irregularity proves to be more beneficial for the patient in the long run.
It is important to know the telltale symptoms of mental disorder to distinguish between what is regular and what is not.
- Withdrawal: Everyone needs some quiet time to cool off and relax but if a person continuously withdraws him/herself from social occasions and avoids meeting or speaking to friends, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Losing interest in life, work and people are symptoms of depression and psychotic disorder.
- Thinking problems: Having trouble concentrating, remembering, understanding and explaining oneself in a coherent manner are some common signs of mental disorder.
- Anxiety: Excessive stress and anxious behavior for a prolonged period are not normal. Frequent heart palpitations, headache, shortness of breath, racing mind and restlessness are cries of help that need to be heard.
- Emotional outbursts: Sudden dramatic outbursts for no apparent reason, frequent mood swings and feeling distressed are potent signs of mental illnesses. These kinds of behavior are seen as part of a person's nature and so they are often unnoticed.
- Changes in appetite and sleeping patterns: Oversleeping may be a sign of depression and insomnia could be a sign of anxiety. Changes in appetite and not caring about oneself or the world are indicators of a mental problem.