Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva KumarYour feedback matters!
How much exercise do people over age 50 really need? How much alcohol can someone over 50 safely drink, and does our tolerance change with aging?
My exams are going on and I am very depressed. I am not able to concentrate my mind. Suggest me medicines.
My Age 53 yrs. I am working in private educational institute with low a low income. My wife (age 48 yrs) is a government school teacher having 25 years of service. She is an orphan brought up by the sisters (Nuns). We celebrated 25 years of marriage silver jubilee year. We have 1 son (24 yrs). Finished diploma in Printing Technology and working in Bangalore. 1 daughter 18 yrs) doing 2nd year BBA. My wife's salary is More than Rs. 55, 000. My problems is my wife is simply signing in blank bond paper and borrowing money at higher rate of interest i. E. 10%. Without my knowledge and spending for nothing, simply wasting money. She has a huge amount of debts. Never telling truth about this. She is having not even a single gram of gold in her hand. All her things we in mortgage even mobile phone. I have tried a lot to change her mentality all are waste. I took to her local psychotherapist also. She never change her mind. She is doing what is thinking. Even her sisters also tried and they are also worrying about her mentality. Now I find difficult to run my family and my daughters educational expenses. Kindly help me. We were in our won house I bought and built but house is in her name only. Nothing else in our hand cash or thing. Kindly help me to tackle this problem. I am always depressed. Kindly help me to get rid of this problem. Thanking you sir.
Audiology deals in identifying and evaluating hearing disorders that are associated with adults, children or infants. The audiology department at genesis-neurogen diagnostic evaluations to people having speech, hearing, language and communication difficulties.
- Our team of experienced and qualified audiologists undertakes all kinds of hearing tests like newborn screening (oea) pta, etc. And also have experience with regard to all types of hearing aids, starting from the standard to the most advanced option. Our experts provide solution for all lifestyle needs e. G. Swimming ear plugs, noise muffs/plugs etc.
- We specialize with determining cochlear implant candidacy, mapping and auditory verbal therapy.
- We also deal with all kinds of speech-related problems including language and voice problems for e. G. Stammering, delayed speech and language misarticulation, cleft palate etc. With regard to children and aphasia, dysarthria, parkinson’s, hoarse voice etc in case of adults.
- A comprehensive assessment is carried out for each patient based on wjihich a customized treatment plan is planned through the use of latest and advanced technology.
- Our highly trained specialists offer a wide variety of services like speech/language intervention, cochlear implants and aural rehabilitation
My Spouse has the habit of getting away, & asking for even Suicide.in small things, not happening as per her thoughts/Acceptance, very short tempered, 9 She does not have parents, Age 45, got recently married. Myself being calm & quiet, always try best to keep her happy. Still I am worried. Please advice a solution/Medicine/Cure.
Respected sir/Mam A day before yesterday we had a tragedy at our house , my father (whose age is about 62) breathing frequencies rise unexpectedly along with this the sound of such breathing is so loudly. he remains unconscious for about 20 mins and after that he is so much excited his anxiety remains higher,and he is remains uncontrolable. By more than 4 person(over excited) along with all such one other thing observed that his blood pressure goes higher systolic above240 & diastolic is around 110) So I kindly request you what such disease is why it happens and which kind of treatment he requires whether it requires long term or short term treatment.
With all due request I would like to share my problems with you. Basically I am from a middle class family pursuing a degree in hotel management, initially I use to be tensed and upset most of the time. I usually always stuck thinking about my future in different aspects but henceforth I always end up with no conclusion which can heal me. I do not know what to do further in life, how to organize myself so that I can make myself stand.
I an having weird feeling at night when I go to bed. Its like no water inside my body or something. I get angry. Upset. I don't know what is this. Help me.
I frequently observes mood swings ,and mostly feel depressed for no reason and think repeatedly for what sins I have made for being depressed but do not know y it happens mostly can you suggest a remedy or medicine for it.
I miss my ex gf too much, nd now we can't be back together but I dnt want to be with any other girls else her, what should I do?
Do you have a family member or a close friend who is suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder? Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder, which causes anxiety, and is also known as anxiety disorder. The disorder is featured by continuous, uncontrollable and unpleasant thoughts. OCD causes a patient’s mind to get stuck on a certain inclination. Obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior patterns indicate OCD.
Dealing with an OCD patient
After the initial diagnosis, a patient with OCD enters the stage of acute treatment. The treatment aims at coping with and overcoming the symptoms of OCD.
- Education: Patients with OCD should get to know as much as possible about the disorder they are suffering from. You should help an OCD affected patient by providing them the opportunity to read about the disease, and talk to other patients, along with regular appointments with a clinician. A treatment plan has to be developed. OCD patients in an acute treatment stage should be taken to a doctor every week, in order to discuss their progress.
- Therapy: Therapy helps them cope with the symptoms of OCD. Cognitive behavioral psychotherapy is undertaken for treating patients with OCD. This mode of treatment gives the patients psychological tools, which help them resist the ill effects of the condition.
- Medication: Medicines are not required for all OCD patients. Some patients diagnosed with the condition are prescribed selective serotonin re uptake inhibitor or SSIs for dealing with the symptoms of OCD. The medicines should be taken for a period of three to four weeks before any results are experienced. 12 weeks are required for a patient to know whether the medicines are working or not. An SRI is ineffective in some cases, and you may be prescribed a non-selective serotonin re uptake inhibitor like Clomipramine. This affects the serotonin, but has positive impacts on other neurotransmitters in your brain.
- Family support: Family members play an important part in helping OCD patients manage their condition by providing constant support, staying calm, and being educated about the condition. OCD patients should be treated with affection and should be complimented often. The observations of the patient by family members help a doctor in determining the patient’s condition. As a family member or close friend, you must never be critical about the patient or state negative comments about his condition. Such feedback causes the patient’s condition to worsen. Family members should discuss all problems they face regarding the patient to a doctor.
Patients who have completed OCD treatment require monthly check ups with a doctor for six months. A year of cognitive therapy is required to be carried out, along with the intake of prescribed medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.