Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi Kumar PYour feedback matters!
My skin is very sensitive to sun n generally I m facing problem of heavy tanning whenever my skin got exposed to sun. Please help.
As time passes in the mundane chores of our everyday life, the more we grow old. This is one truth of our lives is something that can never be altered. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. There are a lot of anti-aging creams in the market, but instead of going through the tedious process of applying them over and over to get satisfying results, an inclusion of natural herbs and spices in your daily diet will not only reduce the signs of aging from your body but also make you feel and look younger.
Advantages of herbs and spices
Most of the herbs and spices contain a healthy amount of antioxidants, minerals and multivitamins, which help improve blood cholesterol levels and the regulation of the blood glucose level. Not to forget that the addition of a suitable amount of herbs and spices in your regular diet increases the taste quotient of even a bland meal. The herbs and spices that really work well as anti-aging agents are as follows:
- Basil: It contains a healthy amount of flavonoids which prevents the body cells from significant damage due to oxidation and strengthens the immune system in general thus, making you feel and look younger.
- Cardamom and mint leaves: This particular spice and herb are particularly useful to relieve your body from any symptoms of indigestion. It also helps in the detoxification of the body.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps to control the blood sugar level of the body and also helps to protect the body from obesity.
- Cloves: Cloves helps to initiate better digestion with the help of the anti-inflammatory properties within the herb. This will help keep the digestion problems at bay and thus act as an anti-aging agent
- Ginger: Ginger helps to prevent migraines, provide relief from rheumatoid arthritis and the treatment of indigestion and inflammation. This will also help relieve skin inflammation which is where many of the skin disorders may make you look old.
- Turmeric: A pinch of turmeric in your daily main course can reduce chances of deadly disease like arthritis, asthma, gall bladder disorders and lung cancer. Garlic helps in the activation of liver enzymes which eliminates the toxins from the body.
- Parsley: Parsley contains a rich amount of iron and a regular intake might help in the cleansing of the blood. This will help remove blemishes and thus make your skin look younger.
- Bay leaves and saffron: A regular but limited intake of bay leaves and saffron provides you with a calm and serene temperament. This can lower stress and stop many of the harmful effects, such as aging related problems.
- Cumin: Cumin also contains a lot of iron which helps boost the digestive system and thus keeps your body functioning properly acting as an anti aging ingredient.
For e. G.I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I am 40. I have white patches on both sides of lip corner. Please advice me, how to get rid of this patches. I am depressed.
I've oily skin. Over the period my skin has become so dull and dark though it was not the condition before. Hw do I regain my skin fairness and how to control the oil and dullness from face? Suggest me a regular plan to be followed.
My underarms always stinks and it is in black colour even if I take bath also after some minutes it get smell.
Pitted keratolysis is a skin condition that affects the soles of your feet. As a result of this disease, the skin on the forefoot or heel turns white with pitted clusters. This is often accompanied by an offensive odor and is worse when the skin is wet. This odor is the main reason patients seek treatment for this skin condition. If left untreated, this can last for many years.
People who suffer from excessive sweating and those who wear closed shoes for extended durations have a high risk of suffering from this condition. Pitted Keratolysis is a bacterial infection where the bacteria multiply in moist conditions and release enzymes that destroy the horny cells of the foot soles.
With time, this turns into characteristic crater like pits on the skin. They also produce sulphur compounds simultaneously that lead to the odor.
Treatment for this skin condition can be categorized under medicinal treatments and home remedies.
- One of the ways to treakt this disease is to treat the hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating that triggers it.
- Topical fusidic acid ointments or clotrimazole ointments can also provide some relief.
- Your doctor may also prescribe oral antibiotics to clear stubborn lesions.
- Other treatment options include anti-bacterial soap and injectable botulinum toxin. Using a strong antiperspirant with aluminum chloride can also resolve the issue.
- The first thing you must do if you suffer from this condition is keep your feet dry. Wearing socks with your shoes is a good idea as this keeps your feet dry and ventilated. Thus, keeping the bacteria from multiplying. After having a bath, pay special attention to drying your feet. You could even use a hair dryer on your feet.
- Wash your feet with soap and water at least twice a day. You could also use an antiseptic cleanser or antibacterial soap.
- Try and reduce the number of hours you wear closed shoes. Whenever possible, wear open toed sandals. Do not wear the same shoes for two days in a row without giving them time to dry out.
- If possible, change your socks at least once in the day.
- Do not share footwear or towels with anyone else.
- Apply antiperspirants to the soles of your feet.
- Soak your feet in half a bucket of water with 15-20 drops of tea tree oil. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.