Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Sai Nikitha Speciality Hospital And Laproscopic CentreYour feedback matters!
Adrenal cancer is a rare and aggressive disease that causes abnormal cell growth inside the adrenal cortex. This cancer usually appears as tumors at the outermost layer of the adrenal glands and gradually develops cancerous cells. In the majority of the cases, adrenal cancer is diagnosed only after it has been growing for several years.
While most of the adrenal cancer patients have the common symptoms, often some people feel just fine, unless until their doctors find the presence of cancerous cells in the adrenal cortex through CT scan. Generally, the symptoms of this life-threatening disease depend on three factors, which are:
- The particular type of overproduced hormone
- The tumor producing hormones excessively
- And, type of the tumor
However, it is the overproduction of particular hormones, that makes the majority of the symptoms visible. Below are the common symptoms of adrenal cancer, depending on hormone types that are overproduced during the presence of this disease.
Symptoms of cortisol overproduction
When the presence of adrenal cancer leads to excess production of the cortisol hormone, people start experiencing different types of symptoms. The accumulation of fat behind the shoulders and neck, gradual weight gain in the stomach and chest portions irregular periods, and hair growth on the chest, face and back (in women) are the most prominent ones. One can also suffer from depression, weakness in legs, and easy bruising as other signs of cortisol overproduction.
Symptoms of aldosterone overproduction
As a result of the overproduction of the aldosterone hormone, people generally have feelings of excessive thirst, feelings of tiredness and weakness and sometimes high blood pressure. The desire of urinating frequently and painful muscle cramps too become evident due to the excessive production of aldosterone.
Symptoms of testosterone overproduction
When as a result of malignant tumors in the adrenal cortex the production of the testosterone hormone goes to higher than normal levels, it is considered to be overproduction. The voice becoming deeper, excessive invasion of acnes, irregular periods become prominently visible symptoms of this kind of adrenal cancer. Even, excessive growth of body hair or the facial hair and heightened muscle mass are some of its common symptoms.
Symptoms of estrogen overproduction
The growth of the breast in males and the early puberty in females are the most common symptoms of adrenal cancer where the malignant tumors overly produce estrogen hormone. Even decreased sex drive or impotence in males can be considered as its other serious symptoms.
Apart from the above mentioned adrenal cancer symptoms, in some cases, the adrenal tumors become so big that they start pressing the nearby organs which leads to signs of abdominal pain or feelings of fullness in the belly. The moment one identifies having any one of the signs discussed here, he or she should look for medical attention immediately.
It is an extremely embarrassing situation to have a bladder leakage. Social life could be altered, with reduced socialising for fear of losing control in the presence of others. Though not discussed frankly, it is an extremely common issue and about 25 million people in the United States suffer from this, with 75% of these being women.
Treatment depends on the type of incontinence, such as stress, urge, overflow, functional, or mixed. It starts with least invasive methods like lifestyle changes moving over to surgical approaches.
Ways to manage it
With trips to the toilet increasing considerably when you have urinary incontinence, simple measures can help manage leakage.
- Bladder training: Train your bladder to control the urge for another 10 minutes. This happens by voluntarily contracting the muscles and holding up the urge to go to the toilet. Gradually, it will help increase the frequency of the visit to 4 to 6 hours.
- Scheduled toilet trips: Whether or not there is an urge, visit the toilet every 4 to 6 hours.
- Double emptying: Even after you have voided, force yourself to void one more time. The residual urine, which is almost always present in the bladder, also gets emptied.
- Food/diet modifications: Stress incontinence is worsened by alcohol, spicy foods, acidic foods, and caffeine. Avoiding these can help reduce bladder leakage.
- Kegel exercises: The simple repetition of contracting the pelvic floor muscles, holding it in place, and releasing it can do wonders for strengthening the pelvic floor. This can be done anywhere and any time of the day and is very effective for improving bladder control.
- Catheters: These can be used if the incontinence is short-lived; the person would need to learn how to safely insert and remove it.
- Absorbent pads and medical devices: The absorbent pads are helpful in preventing embarrassment during social situations. On the other hand, medical devices like pessary are inserted into the vagina to support the bladder neck and thereby prevent leakage from the bladder.
- Drugs: Anticholinergics/antimuscarinics are useful to control a leaking bladder. Botox injections can help paralyse the overactive bladder muscles and provide a solution. Topical oestrogen may be used in small amounts to improve tone and reduce incontinence. Alpha blockers are also used in some people with good results. There are muscles that relax the bladder and increase the amount of urine it can contain.
- Surgery: In the event that all these measures are not useful, surgical correction is possible. Sling procedure where an artificial mesh is used to support the urethra. Bladder neck suspension is where the bladder neck is given support to prevent leakage. If there is a pelvic organ prolapse, that is corrected to rectify the bladder leakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Small ulcer white with red small patch around it below my lower lip from past 1 day. Little irritates.
I'm having black heads around my nose, from last months. There size is also increasing. What should I do.
I get rashes on penis after intercourse. At times end up with torn skin. There are white headed pimple like small substances on the inner circle of the penis head. I suffer from itchiness, bad odor, burning sensation too. We both the partners have undergone candida treatment already. But the problem seems recurring soon. Kindly guide if this can be due to other problems too.
I have suffering carbuncle problem to boil in shoulder so please give me a information about and what is the procedure of to remove that and how much cost for treatment.
I am 20 years old. I have pimples and holes all over the face with black spots. I was thinking to use evion face cream. Any suggestions why. I was getting pimples. Any answers.
I am male and age 21, height 5-5, weight 68. When I was born I am with medium colour but now my skin is dark in colour and I would like to lighten my complete body. Is there any medical procedure to lighten my skin without any side effects?
In My All Body there are a small rashes. And all time itching. I can't understand what can I do. Can you Tell me any medicine name.
I am a handsome guy and my skin colour is very fair. But for the last 2 months my face skin is becoming darker day by day. I am not exposed to sunlight very much and I don't have any pimples in my face. I am doing physical exercise regularly. please tell me the reason and suggest any natural method to get fair skin in my face without using any medicine.
Dry skin occurs when your skin lacks the necessary moisture it requires. It tends to make your skin flaky, itchy and sometimes causing red patches especially on your legs, back, arms, or waist. These are the areas we usually forget to moisturize and we tend to concentrate more on our face and hands. Dry skin is usually the result of frequent bathing, use of soaps which are harsh for your skin. Scratching an itchy patch too much will eventually draw blood and might even result in a permanent scar. However, there are lots of remedies for dry skin, which will help you restore the natural oils of your skin and make your skin glow.
1. A hot water bath is a strict no for your dry skin: Hot showers tend to remove your body of its natural oil, which is essential to keep your skin moisturized and smooth. A warm shower should last no longer than 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, gently pat your skin dry with a towel and immediately slather on the moisturizer.
2. Do not use harsh soaps: Wash your body with a soapless cleanser when you take a bath. Skin care experts recommend a cleanser that contains ceramides. Ceramides are fatty molecules that help the skin to hold moisture.
3. Use sunscreen with good SPF: One of the main causes of dry and itchy skin is sun damage. To prevent sun damage, use of sunscreen with a good amount of SPF is essential for your skin. If you're planning to stay out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, make sure you use a sunscreen with SPF 30. There are many moisturizers which have a good amount of SPF.
4. Moisturize your skin daily: Use moisturizers, which contain ceramides, shea butter and glycerin. Moisturizing your skin daily can easily prevent dry skin. Apply a good moisturizer immediately after taking a shower to trap in the moisture.
5. Use a face mask: A honey and oatmeal face mask can be used as an exfoliating scrub. Mix together 2 tablespoons of oats with a tablespoon of honey. Spread the mask over your face, keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Skin allergens such as immune system disorders, medicines, food, and infections can trigger an immune system response that characterizes in the form of a skin allergy. Although skin allergies such as bumps, itchy rashes, red patches and other conditions are commonly seen, identifying their cause isn't as straightforward sometimes.
Homeopathy identifies and treats the root cause of the allergy with oral medication instead of superficial medicines such as topical creams and treatments. To treat a skin allergy or problem, homeopathy keeps in mind the sufferer, not just the allergy or skin.
Common skin allergies can be effectively treated with suitable homeopathic treatments as listed below.
Eczema - Also known as dermatitis, it affects children more than adults. Characterized by the red, itchy and irritated skin, an infection may cause the development of fluid oozing bumps. Eczema of the scalp affecting children can be treated with Calcarea Carb whereas Rhus-Tox (Toxicodendron) is used to treat red, itchy and swollen eruptions caused by eczema.
Urticaria - Better known as hives, this condition is caused by the inflammation of the skin due to leakage of blood vessels. Those who suffer from itchy, swollen bumps or thickened skin as in the case of chronic urticaria, can be treated with Arsenicum. Hives with heavy menstruation may be treated with Belladona, while Urtica urens is better suited to hives of gastric origin.
Psoriasis - It is characterized by red, itchy patches of skin covered with silvery scales. Plaque, guttate and pustular psoriasis are differentiated on the basis of location, appearance and severity. For guttate psoriasis, where the plaques are rounded and flakey, Arsenicum iodatum and Arsenicum album can be used while sulphur and graphites are also commonly prescribed.
Skin is the body's most expansive organ, but a few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality. For example, should you splurge on an expensive moisturizer or not? Here's the truth behind three common beauty myths.
- You need sunscreen only when you're outdoors on a sunny day: Sunscreen should be applied everyday whether you're indoors or outdoors. It is a misconception that we are safe from the sun's UV rays when we're indoors. However, UV rays are of two types. While the UVB rays that causes sunburn are blocked by walls, we are still vulnerable to the UVA rays indoors. UVA rays are responsible for skin ageing and skin cancer. Similarly, on cloudy days, we are safe from UVB rays but still need protection from UVA rays. Ideally, your sunscreen should have a minimum SPF of 20-30. If you don't like applying makeup over sunscreen, pick makeup products that are enriched with SPF. You need to moisturize and tone your skin everyday.
- No two people have the same skin requirements: While it may work for a person with dry skin to moisturize their skin every day, this may be detrimental for someone with oily skin. If you have oily skin, look for a lotion instead of creams, but if your skin is dry, you definitely need a cream based moisturizer. Similarly, a toner is great for oily skin but can disturb the PH balance of dry skin. Also take a look at the climate before you moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your face regularly in a humid area can lead to breakouts, while using a toner in dry weather can make the skin rough.
- Makeup causes acne: Makeup aficionados can breathe a sigh of relief; wearing makeup for extended durations does not lead to acne. The way you use your makeup and the type of product you use are the villains here. Contrary to popular belief, foundation is designed not to be absorbed into skin pores but to form a layer over the skin. Using expired products is also one of the main causes of acne. The other reason makeup is thought to trigger acne is because, if you go to sleep with makeup on, you may wake up with a breakout. This is because not washing your face, clogs your skin pores with the day's grime and dirt. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
The problem of baggy eyes are characterized by puffiness or swelling under your eyelids. Common factors like aging and genetics are often responsible for the development of under eye bags. It makes your eyes appear swollen due to fluid buildup in the blood vessels that are present around your eyes. Since the skin around your eyes is extremely delicate, which makes it prone to the development of puffiness.
The following are 4 ways that can restore the life of your eyes:
- To reduce the fluid retention: Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water on a regular basis, as water aids in flushing out the excessive salt from your system that is responsible for the development of puffy eyes. In order to reduce the risk of fluid retention, keep your head elevated while you sleep with the help of pillows.
- To treat dark circle and baggy eyes: One of the simplest homemade remedies to lessen the appearance of dark circles and baggy eyes is through the utilization of fresh cucumber or potato slices. Place the slices of either potato or cucumber on your eyes and keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes; follow the regime on a regular basis. It is proven to provide satisfactory results in lessening the severity of puffiness and dark circles.
- To reduce the swelling: Place frozen tea bags on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. It will reduce the persistent swelling in the eye region. Ice compresses or chamomile tea, sage broth and green tea can also be utilized to treat the swelling effectively.
- Long term prevention: A balanced diet and proper rest can help to prevent the appearance of baggy eyes and dark circles in the long run. Incorporate a lot of fresh green and leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits in your diet. Follow a diet that is low in carbohydrate content and comprises of nuts and whole grains, which are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. Avoid excessive intake of sodium, especially the ones that contain different types of added preservatives. Carbonated and caffeinated drinks tend to increase the risk of developing baggy eyes therefore; it is advisable to keep its consumption to minimum. Get at least 8 hours of sound sleep to ensure proper rest for your eyes as lack of adequate rest tends to aggravate the problem of baggy eyes.
Problems with the skin during the teenage years are very common. Although skin issues can be really stressful, the right skin care treatment can help in controlling the problems you may face during this time. Here are some of the skin issues that you may face at this stage of life and ways to prevent them:
1. Oily Skin: Oily skin is a very common occurrence during teenage years. To a certain extent, oily skin may be due to genetics but for some, it may be due to hormonal changes that cause excess oil to be produced on the skin surface. In order to not inflame the skin further, individuals with oily skin shouldn't overly scrub their skin as well as not use harsh cleansers to clean the face. More importantly, when you do use a cleanser on your face, you should only do so two times a day. If you go overboard, it would only do more harm than good.
2. Acne: Whether it is blackheads, whiteheads or spots filled with pus, acne affects about 80% of teenagers at some point in their lives. Teenagers are more prone to this problem because the hormone levels during this time are especially high, resulting in an increase in the magnitude of sebaceous glands and the oil that is produced. When too much oil is produced, this, along with dead skin cells block, the follicles, giving rise to acne. There are certain ways in which you can prevent it from occurring, such as always having a bath after any strenuous activity, not picking or touching the problem areas and washing acne-prone spots only two times a day.
3. Excessive Sweating: Excessive sweating is another major cause of concern for teenagers. The problem can be due to two different conditions - stress or hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively on a daily basis). Wearing clothes made from cotton, using antiperspirants as well as avoiding drinks and foods that may cause episodes of excessive sweating are some of the ways in which you can keep the problem in control.
Skin health is an indicator of a number of factors, such as blood circulation, digestion and waste removal from the body. The skin is considered to be an organ in itself as it performs certain important functions in the body. Therefore, you always need to make sure that your skin is in its optimal health. Common skin conditions like acne, dandruff and blackheads can easily be prevented by following certain precautions.
Outlined below are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
- Avoid junk food: It’s high time you stop eating processed foods and the ones covered in grease. Junk foods which are rich in oil and sugar can make your skin oily and cause acne. Instead, replace them with seeds and nuts.
- Exercise: The benefits of exercise are not limited to fat loss; it is beneficial for the skin too. Exercises such as running boosts blood circulation in the skin and the sweat helps in draining out various waste products from the body.
- Diet: Your diet should consist of fiber rich foods, which improve your digestion. Many problems of the skin are linked to a bad digestive system. Cut out simple carbohydrates and include complex carbohydrates such as brown rice.
- Follow a skin care regimen: You should follow a proper skin care regimen to maintain your skin. Wash your skin with a mild cleansing agent every day and moisturize it. Apply sunscreen while going out to prevent sunburns.
- Drink lots of water: Drink lots of water every day. Water helps in cleansing the body by removing the waste products from the body. Abstain from alcohol because it only adds calories and damages the liver. Aim for at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun: While sun exposure allows the skin to produce vitamin D, but too much of that can lead to sunburns. It increases the risk of certain skin cancers as well. Make sure to apply sunscreen and wear full sleeved clothes before going outdoors.
- Exfoliate regularly: Make sure you exfoliate your skin on a regular basis to clean your skin and get rid of the impurities. Don’t scrub your regularly as it may damage the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.