Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi Kala JainYour feedback matters!
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.
I am 37 years old I just finished my monthly periods only 4 day that it on the 5 day I had a unprotected sex after that I had taken ipill tablet one in the morning and the other in the afternoons so is it safe will I get my monthly next month routine or is there is any chances in pregnancy pls help and also tell me if there is any side effects.
Due to the presence of alveoli, which are balloon-like structures in the organ, your lungs do not sink but float on water.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
• Cut down salt (common table salt) intake in your diet to avoid hypertension. Intake should not exceed more then 2 to 2.5 gm a day.
• Avoid foods rich in cholesterol: ground nut oil, ghee, butter, whole milk, eggs, lard (fats derived from pig meat), tallow (fats derived from goat or sheep mutton) – all non-vegetarian food contain cholesterol in varied amount.
• Avoid non-vegetarian food especially red meat.
• Increase intake of foods that contain PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids): flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, sesame oil, olive oil. As all oils are high in fats, its consumption should be limited. The intake of oils should not exceed 20gms a day.
• Sesame oil and almond oil hinders the absorption of LDL (low-density lipoproteins), so it is advisable to use replace other cooking oils by sesame oil.
• Increase your intake of water.
• Consume whole grain cereals and whole pulses.
• Take high fiber diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables etc.
• Cut down the intake of sugar and other sweeteners.
• Avoid fat-rich portions of flesh foods. Instead have lean meat.
• Avoid fat-rich desserts and fried snacks like cakes, pastries, puddings etc
• Instead of frying food boil, steam, grill or roast food.
• Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks, junk food – pizza, burgers etc.
• Consume food rich in magnesium.
– Nuts and sea food, green leafy vegetables, sea plants like Japanese sea plants, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds.
• Increase intake of vitamin C, it maintains the elasticity and integrity of the artery walls.
– Citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, vegetables- cabbage, broccoli, tubers- potatoes and sweet potatoes.
• Increase calcium intake:-
– milk and sea food, nuts- ground nuts, walnut, almond and cashew nuts; green leafy vegetables, whole grains, fruits like - custard apple and banana.
– Peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
The question, "are vitamins vital" is in fact a rhetorical question, one that answers for itself. Vitamins are organic compounds and important nutrients, which are required by human beings in appropriate quantities. They provide a host of benefits, affecting metabolism, digestion as well as immunity and are imperative for the existence and survival of human beings. Few reasons that establish their importance are:
- Digestive system: The digestive system, like the rest of the body, requires important minerals and vitamins for proper functioning. Your body requires ample amount of vitamin B and vitamin C to improve and maintain digestive health. In fact, folate acid is required by the body to prevent you from an impending danger of colon cancer. At the same time, vitamin B is also responsible for breaking down the carbohydrates and converting them into energy.
- Boosting the immunity system and eyesight: The proper functioning of your physical and mental health requires a sound immune system. The invasion of diseases can be deterred and treated on its own, if you have a proper functioning immune system. Vitamin A, found in carrots, pepper and sweet potato is very crucial for boosting the immune system, at the same time it helps repairing the cornea and improving the eyesight.
- Improving the nervous system: Vitamin B12 found in beef liver and octopus is very important in strengthening and improving the nervous system. If there is a deficiency of this vitamin in your body, chances are you will suffer from depression, anemia and even a potential threat to your central nervous system.
- Helps the heart and removes toxicity from the body: Among other advantages, vitamins are also responsible for maintaining the heart and preventing an accumulation of toxic substances in your body. Vitamin C, found primarily in fruits like oranges and lemons performs this function.
- Helps in losing weight: Certain food products like fish, chickpeas and chicken are rich in vitamin B6, which in turn help in boosting the metabolic rate and consequently in losing weight.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency?"
I am 25 weeks pregnant and my whole body itches a lot ,itching increases at nyt tym. please help and what precautions should I take and what should I eat for healthy baby.
My mom is a fallopian tube carcinoma patient. She undergone two surgeries and one complete cycle of chemotherapy. She is under weight. Around 35 kgs. Does she require any further treatment? Or is there any chances of recurrence of carcinoma anymore? Her recent can 125 test shows 13.
Hello. I'm 24 years lady. Please I had unprotected sex and took 2 pills of emergency contraceptive 1 hour later, then again had sex in 2 hours, please I'm I still protected.
I am a 27 years old married woman. We are trying to conceive. In the month of December I got my periods on 4th dec, then on 6th january and then 12th February. For the month of march till date I didn't have periods. What are the chances of conceiving.
I am married from past 11 years taking infertility treatment my wife 9 years back due to tubinal pregnancy left side tube removed after that still not conceived three times Iui and one time laparoscopy did my semen analyzes. its okay as told by doctor my wife diagnosed pcod taking Cystop and overflow for past 10 months still not conceived my age 39 wife's age 32 may we go for IVF how cost it is we both are in close relation if it affects anything. please advise?
Hi every one. I am 22 years old , i consult a doctor to confirm my pregnancy but she say that i have a thyroid problem so that its effects to have pregnancy . How can i escape from this thyroid which is the best way to solve this thyroid problem plz kindly give me a best suggestion
2 months baby ki growth mimum kitni honi chahiye 3 sonography krwai h 10 din k gep h sb m sem growth aa rhi h kya gais ki problems ki wajah se sonography m dikkat aati h kya pls rply.
Hi I want to know the strone 200 tablet and antacid tablets are correct medicine to take in 37 days pregnancy. Please tell me.
I am aishwarya. My marriage completed 1years but I am not able to conceive. I have taken all test last month I scanned and my report told all is normal. Doctor told report is fine at last of day scan the doctor told me tat egg is ruptured. Doctor advised me to take fertisure f tablet. My age is 25.
Sir /mam Mai apni wife ke sath 6 December ko sex kiye the raat mai meri wife I pil kha li thi ausi raat ko fhir hum dono ke bich sex ho gya bina koi safty ke Meri wife ko avi tk period nai aaya hai Kya koi problem hai es condition mai Mai use bol raha Hun Dr. se milne PR time nai mil raha hai Jane ka please kuch batayie Ya koi medicines hai periods ya es condition ko handle karne ka.
My gf took I pill yesterday night and we have unprotected sex today morning, it was 1.5 mg, is this enough or either she have to take another I pill. Please help.
Given below are some of the home remedies recommended as a part of natural leucorrhea cure-
- Apply the pulp of a ripe mango to the vaginal area and leave it on for a while, before rinsing it off with water.
- Eat one or even two ripe bananas on a daily basis Drink a glass of fresh cranberry juice, preferably without any sugar, once a day
- Soak some coriander seeds in water overnight and drink the water, after straining it, on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning.
- Consume the lady finger vegetable, preferably in the raw form, or lightly steamed
- Clean the vaginal area with freshly squeezed lemon juice and water
The diabetic eye is considered to be the leading cause of the blindness among the working age. It is usually caused by the change in the blood vessels on the retina of the eye. Retina is that layer of the eye which is light sensitive. In case of diabetic macular oedema, the blood vessels cause the fluid to leak into the retina.
How does diabetic macular oedema cause vision loss:
The loss of vision only occurs when the fluid reaches the macula. Macula is the center of the retina which is responsible for a sharp vision. When the fluid reaches the macula it builds up and causes inflammation. Initially this is not noticed but with time the diabetic macular oedema causes a change in the vision making it more blurred. A healthy macula is very essential for a good vision.
Who is at risk of diabetic macular oedema:
People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes are at a higher risk of getting diabetic macular oedema. Also other risk factors are:
- About 0ne in three people with diabetes develop macular oedema
- Poor control of blood sugars
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- In smokers
How to reduce the risks of diabetic macula oedema:
The risk of diabetic macula oedema can be reduced by quitting smoking, and to make sure that blood sugar and cholesterol levels are under control. This is achieved by regularly measuring the cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
How is diabetic macular oedema detected:
Diabetic macular oedema can be detected during regular visits to the doctor. Patients with diabetes should be offered screening tests. Digital photographs of the patients can be taken as they show the early signs of diabetic macular oedema, though changes in vision might not be noticed at this time.
What happens when you attend the medical retina clinic:
When you go for an eye checkup you will undergo a comprehensive examination which includes:
- Visual acuity test: This is a sight test which measures how well you can see the different distances
- Eye pressure test: This test is done to measure the pressure of the eyes and usually drops which numb the eyes are used when this test is conducted
- Dilated eye examination: In this the drops are placed in the eye to dilate the pupils and then the back of the eye is examined.
- Fluorescein angiography: This is a diagnostic test in which an injection of fluorescein dye is given in the hand and then the photographs are taken.
- Optical coherence tomography: This is done to measure the retinal swelling