Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthaYour feedback matters!
I got copper inserted on Aug 2015. While doing that doctor said for a pap smear test as she observed some lesion in the cervix. The report was normal But after getting copper t, every month before the period starts in full flow I get slight bleeding for 4-5 days. Also some times in between the periods also I get bleeding. Is it cancer or something else.
I m prostate patient since 2010.Taken flotral D combo for 2 years .After 2 year (since) i m taking floatral 10 plain.One tab faily at night. PleaseTell me.Is it enough to avoid any complication in future?
Sir, please share me about the causes of cancer, how can we overcome it. What are the situations of cancer. Is the tobacco is a cause of cancer.
I have been diagnosed with mild prostrate enlargement about 5 years ago. At that time I met concerned specialist in Hospital. He asked me whether I get up for urination in the night after sleep. I have informed that I do not get up in the night. As of now except for frequent urinary urge I have no issue. I am 61 years old. Once a year I am getting PSA test done Please advise.
My wife get little gland on her breast. And now it's increase day by day. Or its starts pain when touched little hardly.
Sir mujhe 30 or 40 day se common cold hai aur ye common cold kabhi theek ho jata kabhi phir ho jata hai but me koi medicine nahi leta hoon but sir mere ear ke peechhe yani back neck me mujhe lump ya swallon lag rahi hai aur ye 30 or 40 day se hai sir ye batay ki ye lump aur swallen kya hai jabki ye bad nahi rahi hai sir cancer lump aur swallon and general lump aur swallon me kya fark hai sir please jankari de aur cancer lump ke bare me poori jankari de I am 26 year and no smoker and alcoholic.
Breast firming and lift up breast there is any other option inspite of breast surgery and let me breast surgery is good health for whole body or there's any side effects or any surgery mark on breast any side effects or what time duration for surgery what precautions will take what charges for breast surgery pls let me know.
In our modern life, cancer is the most dreaded disease of all. Despite substantial advances in medical science, there hasn't been much of a progress in the treatment available for cancer. The mortality rate for cancer is still on the rise and all this, in spite of all kinds of sophisticated treatments at our disposal.
Cancer is rather a torturous experience, not merely on account of the terminal consequence, but also of the extreme physical and emotional suffering that one has to endure. What's worse is that often all the efforts are rendered vain. In that context, a large number of people have started looking towards alternative therapies as a cure for cancer. Serious forms of cancers like blood cancer or leukemia are often formidable and do not respond favourably to the clinical treatments. Consequently, despite all attempts and humongous investments, the casualties are on the rise. To counter such threats, people are growingly moving towards alternative remedies. Among the other natural cures, Ayurveda has garnered a lot of interest and approval.
Ayurveda has devised a holistic process that potentially cures you of blood cancer and endows you with a fresh leash of life. As per Ayurveda, the main causes of cancer may be enumerated as genetic imbalances, exposure to harmful radiation, stressful and unhealthy lifestyle and consumption of degenerating food items. As such, Ayurveda tries to heal not just the disease but also the germ of the disease and in the process, improves your well-being.
Ayurveda grapples with blood cancer in the following ways:
- Adjuvant to ongoing treatment: You may be skeptical of depending entirely on Ayurveda as a remedy for cancer. As such, Ayurvedic treatments may be used as ancillaries alongside the ongoing chemotherapy and radiology. Ayurveda stimulates your in built immunity and thus prolongs and rejuvenates your lifespan. That aside, the natural benefits that Ayurveda provides your body reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and help in complete remission of the disease.
- Rasashastra: Ayurveda deems the imbalance in your genetic code to be the main cause of cancer. Therefore, it believes that remedy lies in 'pitta' restoration. Under this treatment, Ayurveda uses a combination of metals vis-a-vis the purest elements to minimize the deterioration of the condition. A unique combination of silver, gold and other essential minerals can be wondrous to boost the immunity of the cells and restore the normal cell production rate in your marrows. This goes a long way in obliterating the damage caused by blood cancer.
- The right diet: Consuming the most favourable foods are essential while battling cancer. An alkaline diet comprising of coconut water, warm, fresh nutritious food like leafy greens, apples and nuts must be regularly consumed. Greasy, spicy and lavish dishes should be avoided since they are known to generate harmful 'ama' in your body.
She's have a throat cancer. What we can give her in liquid form to eat and what precautions we can take for cure.
My dad had an oral cancer and then it got spread to lung and one of the organs in the throat has been removed out of two and then the cancer has been treated through chemotherapy and after few weeks he got blood infection sepsis and he is in the icu on medication but the infections is fluctuating it got down after dialysis and then again spiked up a half of the downward fall Is there any advice you would like to give.
I had total thyroidectomy due to Thyroid cancer, Parathyroids were preserved, Done with Rai therapy of 100 mcg it's almost 20 days, currently using Calcium supplement of 2000 mg and Eltroxin 200 mcg, problem is my body is hot but there is no fever, also there are body pains since 4 days, what could be the reason?
My self Umesh, my father suffering from prostate cancer last year, we take advised in hospital and doctor's told us for surgery, finally in january surgery has been done, but now urine continue pass and Dr. Said to us only exercise. Pl. Advise what to do?
My mother suffering from breast cancer I want know about breast cancer what should I do for my mother.
Hpv vaccine update
Three different vaccines, which vary in the number of HPV types they contain, are available
- A bivalent vaccine, targets hpv types 16 and 18
- A quadrivalent hpv vaccine, targets hpv types 6, 11, 16, and 18
- A 9-valent vaccine, targets the same hpv types as the quadrivalent vaccine (6, 11, 16, and 18) as well as types 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58
- If cost and availability are not issues, use 9-valent vaccine for individuals for whom hpv vaccination is indicated
- Infection with human papillomavirus&nbsp;(hpv) types 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58 is implicated in approximately 90 percent of invasive cervical cancers.
- Two types associated with genital warts are (6 and 11)
- Routine immunization should be offered to boys and girls aged 11 to 12, but can be administered as early as nine years of age. Catch-up vaccination should be offered to males between the ages of 13 to 21 and females between 13 to 26 years who have not been previously vaccinated. Repeat vaccination with the 9-valent vaccine is likely not warranted for individuals who have completed a series with a different HPV vaccine.
- Persistent viral infection with carcinogenic HPV types causes virtually all cancer of the cervix and most cases of anal cancer. The carcinogenic types, HPV 16 and HPV 18, which are targeted by the current HPV vaccines, cause approximately 70 percent of all cervical cancers worldwide and 72 percent of anal cancers. Hpv types 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58 are estimated to cause an additional 19 percent of invasive cervical cancers. Hpv 6 and HPV 11 cause approximately 90 percent of genital warts.
- Hpv immunization is most effective among individuals who have not yet been infected with HPV (eg, before sexual debut).
- The quadrivalent vaccine and 9-valent are administered in three doses at time zero and at two and six months of follow-up. The bivalent vaccine is administered in three doses at time zero, and at one and six months of follow-up.
- Cervical cancer screening is recommended for any woman 21 years of age or older.
- Clinicians should be aware that HPV immunization is not effective in clearing cytologically evident disease or HPV infection that is already present.