Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShahinYour feedback matters!
Sir my father is suffering by diabetes, I want to know about diabetes and how to sedule our dailyrutien, which food is good for health.
I am 58 years old suffering from diabetic blood sugar 320 after meals and memory power is very poor what can I do for taking medical solutions ?
Hi doctors I am 27 years old female. I have primary hypothyroidism now. Is there weight gaining due to this thyroid. If yes how can I control my weight. My weight was 69 after delivery and after 8 months my weight is 65. Kg.i want to reduce my weight. What diet plan should I follow to decrease my weight due to thyroid disease?
Diabetes refers to the condition when there is an excess of glucose in your body. Though glucose is beneficial for the proper functioning of the body, an excess can lead to serious consequences. Over the years, diabetes has emerged as one of the fatal diseases, one that once developed has no known cure. This condition is preceded by various perceptible symptoms, some of them are
- Insatiable thirst: The onset of diabetes is almost always accompanied by a nagging thirst, one that refuses to be quenched despite drinking plenty of water.
- Frequent tendencies of urination: A frequent tendency of urination is one of the primary precursors of diabetes.
- Acute hunger: Having bouts of acute hunger is one of the most predominant premonitions of diabetes.
- Exhaustion and fatigue: In case you are suffering from diabetes, you will inevitably feel tired and exhausted all the time.
- Blurring of vision: Diabetes is one of those rare conditions that threaten to affect and damage the eyesight. The blurring of vision comes hand in hand with the onset of diabetes.
- Sores which take a long time to heal: One of the most fatal symptoms of diabetes is when the sore that you have suffered from takes a longer time than necessary to heal.
Some of the complications which diabetes invite are:
- Cardiovascular problems: Diabetes considerably increases the risk of a host of cardiovascular problems and ailments like heart attacks, chest pain, and stroke.
- Damage to the kidneys: The pair of kidneys that human beings are endowed with has the responsibility to remove the toxins from the body. An excess of diabetes in the body unsettles the purging ability of the kidneys.
- Damage to the eyes: The onset of diabetes, among other things, puts your eyes at great risks. The condition tends to damage the blood vessels of the retina and can even cause blindness in some.
- Skin disorder: Diabetes puts your skin at great risks. You may suffer from various bacterial and fungal infections among other ailments, due to an excess of glucose in your body.
Hi Sir, My uncle has a diabetes problem so I want to know what to do for reduce the diabetes and which food will be taken for and what is cause of diabetes pls tell me.
Thyroid disorders result from the dysfunction of the thyroid gland which is characterized as hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid hormone) or hypothyroid (decreased thyroid hormone). The main changes that a person with hypothyroid faces include a weight gain, cold intolerance and also excessive tiredness associated with joint pains. The hyperthyroid people suffer from increased heart rate, depression, weight loss and also cognitive slowing.
The people are generally susceptible to hypothyroidism due to the improper food control as it may result from the lower secretion of thyroid hormone due to the deficiency of iodine in one’s diet. Hyperthyroidism cause due to the improper functioning of the thyroid gland which produces the excess thyroid hormone. There are five major ways which help you to fight with the difficulties faced due to thyroid disorders. Here, we are mainly concentrating on hypothyroid.
1. Drink plenty of water: regular diet recommends the intake of 8 glasses of water, but a thyroid diet recommends more water intake which in turn helps you to reduce the weight you gained due to hypothyroidism. Water speeds up the metabolism by facilitating proper digestion. It aids you to eliminate the water retention and bloating caused. Intake of water in between the meals reduces the appetite, thus making you to consume less food leading a path to reduce weight.
2. Increased fiber intake: foods rich in fiber like fruits, nuts, vegetables, whole grains both in the form of foods and supplements can be taken for giving fullness and thus reducing your hunger and leading to weight loss.
3. Green tea: having a cup of green tea daily will reduce the tiredness, which is common among the hypothyroids. Since you are into the weight loss process, your body is in need of energy thus making you feel tired often. Green tea offers the required antioxidants and gives you energy throughout the day.
4. Regular exercise: for hypothyroids regular and strenuous exercise is needed. Since they are on the verge of becoming obese or overweight, exercise will help them to reduce their weight and also prevent them from the risk of heart diseases and other life killing disorders. Its better to try aerobics and weight bearing exercises for better results.
5. Medication: finally, along with the above said ways, its essential for a thyroid person to a course on thyroid medication. The course and doses of medication depends on the thyroid hormone levels and the person’s lifestyle.