Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarvajeet Pal
Submit a review for Dr. Sarvajeet PalYour feedback matters!
Yelchala Bal Reddy
I have never seen a doctor like him who is so down to earth... the treatment given was very good... he receives the patient in a friendly manner and listens to the problem patiently... I would suggest this doctor for the once who is suffering with rheumatology problems
Doctor consultation was good but doctor fees was different what it was showing in the website. When I did the booking it was showing 500 but at the clinic receptionist took 600. I donot understand then what is the meaning of giving wrong information.
my mother have artharities we met dr.sarvajeeth pal,doctor explained nicely and given treatment.
The dr patiently listened. Explained abt the problem suggested further diagnosis and follow up
Very good patiently, amicable Doctor & good treatment
Insomnia is a mental condition, which is characterized by a difficulty in falling asleep, even when you have the chance to do so. The causes of insomnia include stress, emotional or physical discomfort; environmental factors like noise, light or extreme temperature that interferes with sleep; and depression or anxiety.
The visible symptoms of insomnia are inability to fall asleep no matter what, irritability, depression, lack of concentration and enthusiasm, and distressed stomach and intestine. Complications associated with insomnia can cause psychiatric problems, obesity, increased risk of long-term diseases or conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
- Secondary insomnia: it stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
- Acute insomnia: it is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
- Primary insomnia: it refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
- Chronic insomnia: insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Homeopathy is a boon towards treating insomnia.
- Efficiency - The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in curing the several problems associated with insomnia is unquestionable. Plus, targets at providing long-term cure for insomnia instead of just temporary relief. The approach that homeopathy adopts includes getting at the root cause of the problem, and weeding it out so that there's never a relapse of your condition.
- Safety - Homeopathic medication are far safer therefore, it is preferable and highly recommended. It serves invaluably during insomnia and does not involve any side effects.
Homeopathic medicines are of great help in the treatment of Insomnia. The natural Homeopathic medicines have zero side-effects and work to strike out the root cause of Insomnia. The Homeopathic remedies are very beneficial in both inducing sleep as well as improving the quality of sleep. What’s more, the Homeopathic medicines for Insomnia do not carry any risk of dependency and can easily be stopped when complete recovery has taken place. The most common homeopathic preparations to cure insomnia are:
- Lycopodium: This is useful for symptoms such as suddenly waking up from sleep in the wee hours of the morning on a regular basis along with a hyperactive mind which will make you recall the daily events meticulously, much against your will.
- Rhus Tox: Useful for insomnia resulting from intense pain which might cause irritation and restlessness.
- Nux Vomica: This preparation has been proven to provide respite from this condition if the insomnia is caused due to increased stress or as a result of withdrawal symptoms from substances such as alcohol, cigarettes or other medications.
- Arsenicum: This is beneficial if the symptoms include waking up regularly at night around the same time along with anxiety and restlessness resulting from frequent bad dreams.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Insomnia. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
I am 53 years old male man .for last 4 months I am feeling pain in my right knee. Particularly during the folding posture. In spite of taking pain killer I am not relieved of the pain .please advise.
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hi doctors, my father age-76 have suffering pain on knee and doctor suggest for knee replacement for gaping. Can you suggest other option to relief him. He is taken pill for pain and many type of balm.
Knee pain starts first time by squatting in play ground. Later on it increases day by day. Blood test shows high uric acid (8.2) too (RA factor and C reactive protein negative). Now uric acid is normal (5) but knee pain still persist. During standing position it's very painful and uncomfortable in comparison with walking. It's very irritating for me. What should I do?
My age is 48 years and I have pain in my right knee from the last 4 years, pain generally occurs during summer, I have consulted so much of doctors but I can not get relief much (20 days of relief at much, please suggest me a lifetime relief plan.
The shoulder is one of those joints in your body that enjoys the maximum wear and tear by virtue of being an extremely mobile joint and one of the most over-worked as well. This increases the risk of dislocation and instability. Arthritis is one of the most common causes of pain, as per various medical reports and is usually found to affect the tendons, ligaments, and even the muscles and joints of the body due to excessive wear and tear. There are various kinds of shoulder arthritis and treatments that are available. Read on to find out more.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: This autoimmune condition creates stiffness in the shoulders along with rheumatoid nodules or small bumps under the skin of this region. It may affect both shoulders at the same time. Swelling or inflammation of the joints is a common occurrence in this condition along with fever, fatigue and weight loss.
Osteoarthritis: This form of arthritis basically has to do with wear and tear of the connective tissue and bones. The symptoms are pretty severe and can go from tenderness to pain and stiffness with an increased risk of bone fractures.
Post Traumatic Arthritis: PA or post traumatic arthritis occurs due to an injury in the shoulder and can cause instability as well as dislocation of the shoulder. A sports injury is the most common cause of this kind of arthritis. Pain and inflammation are the most common outcomes of this kind of injury and arthritis.
Avascular Necrosis: When the tissues of the shoulder joints go through damage, it leads to this form of arthritis. Joint dislocations and fractures are the most common causes of this kind of damage. This usually happens because blood flow does not happen over the long arm bone to reach the shoulders due to the damage rendered to the tissue. Excessive alcohol consumption and high steroid intake can also lead to this damage.
Rotator Cuff Tear Arthropathy: This kind of arthritis is caused due to a rip in the shoulder cuffs.
The most common forms of treatment include surgery like joint replacement surgery (replacing the damaged parts of the shoulder with an artificial prosthetic joint), Arthroscopy (cleaning out of the joint with minor incisions), and resection arthroplasty (removing the bone from one’s collarbone). Also, corticosteroid injections can be given and anti-inflammation drugs like ibuprofen can be prescribed for this condition. Exercises and physical therapy will also be helpful in such cases so as to strengthen the shoulder and joints.
It is important to also make lifestyle changes to give rest to the shoulder and abstain from too much alcohol consumption.