Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarvajeet Pal
Submit a review for Dr. Sarvajeet PalYour feedback matters!
Doctor consultation was good but doctor fees was different what it was showing in the website. When I did the booking it was showing 500 but at the clinic receptionist took 600. I donot understand then what is the meaning of giving wrong information.
Very good patiently, amicable Doctor & good treatment
I am 44 years old and a diabetic patient my hand muscular and foot hill paining regularly. What should I do?
Sometimes Gout/Uric Acid excess for the last 20 years. Whenever in pain I take allopathic medicine including painkillers. What do you advice ?
Hello Doctor, I have a painful knee (right), diog. As arthritis. What are sure cure of this arthritis? Thanks!
My father have insomnia since one year. Checked at various clinics in Aurangabad. Beed. specially at Vinay Barhale. Not significantly difference in insomnia condition. Please suggest me in right way.
Suffering from knee pain and uric acid is 9.5 mg/dl and thyroid (TSH) is 5.78 uIU/ML. Please help me.
My mother aged 65 years has severe arthritis of both knees, should she get both knees replaced in one sitting?
You should do both knees in one sitting if the severity is same in both the knees and the patient is unable to differentiate the painful knee. In case the patient says one knee is more painful than address one knee at a lime. Your own knee is always the best till it lasts.
What are the advantages of doing both the knees in one sitting?
- Exposure to the risk of anaesthesia reduced to only once
- Aids simultaneous rehabilitation especially in severely deformed knees
- Bilateralprocedure reduces cost
- Earlier return to baseline function and convenience for the patient and relatives
- Shorter cumulative hospital stays
What are the risks associated with bilateral Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and are there any studies to support the same?
The risks of cardiac and infection related complications for bilateral TKR are lower than the combined risk of two unilateral TKRs. A population-based comparison of the incidence of adverse outcomes after simultaneous-bilateral and staged-Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty published in The Journal of Bone And Joint Surgery.
Result: Records were available for 11.445 simultaneous-bilateral arthroplasty Procedures and 23.715 staged-bilateral procedures.
Conclusions: Simultaneous-bilateral total knee arthroplasty was associated with clinically important reduction in the incidence of infection and malfunction within one year after arthroplasty.
What is the latest Technology available which could help improve surgical outcomes?
Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: A knee with your name on it i.e. customized specifically based on your dimensions.
Understanding Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: You are unique and so is your individual anatomy and thus lack of accuracy leads to discomfort and even further corrective surgeries That is why Custom Fit Knee replacement surgery, which utilizes MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) technology to create personalized positioning guides for total Knee replacement is recommended.
Practical Benefits Of Custom Fit Knee Replacement
- MRI of the affected knee is done based on which we can make a customized jig for better fitting of the implant for the patients
- No intra medullary instruments so minimal chances of fat embolism
- Minimally Invasive (just a 4-5 inch incision)
- Improves the speed of the operation theater time (40% reduced surgical time)
- Increases implant inventory efficiency (know sizing)
- Faster recovery of the patient
- Perfect patient alignment thus better mobilization
What is the role of body exhaust 'space' suits in Bilateral TKR?
- 'Space' suits maintain a more sterile environment and offer more mobility to the surgeons.
- Space suits are used to help reduce contamination from the operating teams from entering the wounds.
- The impure air exhaled by the operating team is pushed down by the rotating fan in the helmet of space suits and absorbed by the laminar air flow in the 0.T.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I used to play cricket and volleyball almost every day but suddenly from past 6 months I encountered knee pain in both of legs. I have been to two hospitals and both of them said there's nothing to be worried, but I'm getting huge pain at my knee area whenever I'm trying to play. Is there anything to be done to reduce that pain so that I can play again regularly without any pain in my knee part.
I have been suffering from knee pain since three months and I have gained 5kg weight during this time and now I have come to know that I have hypo thyroid. Please tell what should I do for my pain n increase in weight.
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament or ACL tear is a very common problem with athletes and with people who have an active lifestyle. In fact, this can also be caused by any accident due to sudden movement.
Importance of ACL-
The ACL is the supporting ligament, which runs diagonally from back to front right in the middle of the knee, connecting the femur bone and the tibia, and helps the tibia not to come before the femur. Thus the balance of the knee during back and forth movements and the entire stability of the knee joint is secured by this very important piece of ligament.
What leads to an injury to the ACL?
Here are a few actions that may result in a ligament tear.
Sudden stopping while running or slowing down from a fast speed
Sudden change in direction
Uncontrolled jumping from a height
Direct hitting with an object or person
What happens when the ACL is torn?
If the ACL is torn, the stability of your knee is gone, and you feel as if you have no control over the joint. Moreover, it causes extreme pain and instant swelling. Swelling usually appears within 24 hours of the injury.
Treatment of ACL Injury-
Recovery from an ACL tear is possible only after a surgery. Without surgery, the affected will not be able to return to sports or athletics, or may not be able to run and make swift movements again as before. However, to avoid surgery, there are non-invasive treatments for the aged and people who require moving less.
Non-invasive Treatment: Bracing is one treatment where braces are given to support the knee joint during movement and also to avoid further injury. This is effective for the elderly who need minimum movement and may manage daily activities with a braced knee. Also, crutches add to the support and let the weaker knee get rest. This is followed by physical therapy. But the swelling has to reduce before starting it. Many exercises and controlled movements over a long time help in getting back agility in movement gradually.
- Surgical Treatment: Once the swelling subsides, doctors would plan for an Arthroscopic (Key-Hole Surgery) ACL reconstruction. In this Doctor make a graft of a tendon. This graft is inserted into the joint and fixed in anatomical position in femur and tibia Arthroscopically so that the newly created ACL functions like the natural one. This is the only way to get back the ligament in whole as the torn ligament cannot be stitched. Surgery is done through arthroscope and recovery time is 15 days for resuming day to day activities and 3 to 6 month for resuming sports activities with continued physical therapy after the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist and ask a free question.