Doctor in Advance Rheunatology Center
Submit a review for Advance Rheunatology CenterYour feedback matters!
Yelchala Bal Reddy
I have never seen a doctor like him who is so down to earth... the treatment given was very good... he receives the patient in a friendly manner and listens to the problem patiently... I would suggest this doctor for the once who is suffering with rheumatology problems
Doctor consultation was good but doctor fees was different what it was showing in the website. When I did the booking it was showing 500 but at the clinic receptionist took 600. I donot understand then what is the meaning of giving wrong information.
my mother have artharities we met dr.sarvajeeth pal,doctor explained nicely and given treatment.
The dr patiently listened. Explained abt the problem suggested further diagnosis and follow up
Very good patiently, amicable Doctor & good treatment
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same.
The knee is known as the largest and one of the most complex joints in the human body, and also one of the most vulnerable, as it supports the weight of the entire body. The knee joint is made up of several elements including the knee cap, meniscus, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles. Damage to any part of the knee can cause chronic pain. So how can you protect your knee from damage and injury? Take a look at these three points!
- Dealing with Load: Weight is a big one. Carrying around extra pounds and kilograms can be detrimental for your knees in the long run. Your knee is not equipped to handle the excessive weight. It already supports three to five times your weight when you get up and walk around or indulge in some mild jogging. One must be careful of those extra pounds to take the load off the knee and keep it from falling prey to damage.
- Exercise: Moderate to intense exercise is prescribed for one and all. This, of course, depends on one's overall health and age. If you are already suffering from joint pain, then you may want to go easy on the exercise with a focus on building muscle strength and foundation. If you are healthy, then some amount of daily exercise as a routine will keep those knees in prime working condition and well lubricated as well. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle can affect the knees very badly.
- Do not Ignore: Warning signals such as chronic or acute knee pain should not be ignored. Remember to see a doctor or an orthopaedic specialist to find out if you have contracted an infection or if you may have suffered a fracture due to an injury. Also, it is important to take a bone density test regularly, especially after the age of 40 or for women going through menopause, as this will point to any deficiencies and even warn you in case there is any trace of osteoporosis.
Rest, exercise, and food should be kept in fine balance for a healthy body. These are a few measures that one can take to keep knee pain at bay. Yet, it is also advisable to speak with a doctor at length regarding measures to protect your knees.
Arthritis is a painful joint condition that leads to pain and stiffness as well as lack of proper mobility due to inflammation and swelling. Usually, an orthopaedic specialist will prescribe anti-inflammatory and pain relieving medication for this condition, but there are various things that you can do to ensure that this condition does not become a debilitating one in the long run. One of the best ways of doing this is by limiting your diet in certain ways when it comes to inflammation producing food.
- Fried food: Fried and processed food is packed with too much of salt in order to better preserve it so that it has longer shelf life. Also, the use of oil in order to deep fry can have a detrimental effect on the inflammation that is already causing problems for your joints. Therefore, it is best to avoid fried, fatty and processed or packaged food that has been frozen for too long.
- AGEs: When we speak of AGEs, we are not talking about the number of birthdays that you have celebrated. AGEs are actually Advanced Glycation End products that are a toxin released by food when it is heated, grilled, fried or pasteurised. These toxins can render damage to the proteins in your body. Once this process starts, the body retaliates by sending forth cytokines which are basically inflammatory messengers. This can lead to inflammation and arthritis.
- Sugar: Sugar and other refined carbs also have a large amount of AGEs as discussed above. These types of food should also be avoided by patients suffering from arthritis. Also, artificially sweetened drinks and too many baked goodies should be avoided by these patients.
- Dairy products: Owing to a certain kind of protein that most dairy products contain, these kinds of food are considered harmful for patients of arthritis. These proteins can encourage inflammation and irritation of the tissue that surrounds your joints. Switching to a vegan diet is considered helpful for arthritis patients.
- Alcohol: Excessive drinking is a major problem that can aggravate your arthritis situation. Smoking and drug abuse also leads to such problems. Drinking excessively can lead to the development of gout.
- Corn oil: This kind of oil is a part of most packaged, processed and fried food. It also leads to inflammation. Arthritis patients should switch to omega fatty three oils which can be found in fish.
Taking care of your body is a matter of maintaining a good diet with lots of activity that will be congenial for your condition. This will also help in keeping the painful symptoms of arthritis away.
Mother tinctures for rheumatoid arthritis
Azadiracta indica q- rheumatic pain in lower extremities. Burning of the sole or palm. Numbness associated with rheumatic pain. Forgetfulness and depression. Thirstlessnesss. Soreness marked in the left side of throat. Fever with chill or without chill from 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm. Sweat on upper part of body but no sweat in the lower part
Belladonna q- in stiffness and acute affections when the pains come and go like electric shocks, worse on touch and movement
Calotropis gigantea q- indicated for chronic rheumatism. Crampy pain in the centre of the right palm while grasping any object which lasts for many days. Pain in the wrist joint aggravates on movement. Swelling with soreness of left foot which compels the patient to move always in the bed. Pain aggravates on rest and is relieved by taking coffee.
Curcuma longa q- a specific remedy for acute rheumatism
Eupatorium perfoliatum q- aching in bones of extremities with soreness of flesh. Pain in arms and wrist. Swelling of left great toe
Gaultheria oil- useful for pain due to rheumatic arthritis
Ginseng q- for rheumatism, lumbago and sciatica. Joints become stiff and contracted and there is an increase of urine
Guaicum q- inflammatory rheumatism. It is useful in chronic rheumatism of the upper extremities and in lumbago after abuse of mercury or dependent on syphilis
Hydrophilia sphinosa q- a specific remedy for acute rheumatism
Hymosa q- in acute febrile stage. It neutrilises the acidity of blood, removes deposites from joints and cures all disorders due to the disease
Mimosa humilis q- lancinations in legs and arms. Numbness of arm and right hand, ceasing on movement. Inflammatory swelling of left hand. Swelling of left ankle with redness, tension and pain.
Passiflora incarnata q- reduce rheumatic pain and induce sleep
Propylaminum q- palliates fever and pain in a day or two in acute rheumatism. Rheumatic pains change their place especially in heart lesions. Pain in wrist and ankles, worse by least motion. Fingers cannot hold things. Tingling and numbness of fingers
Rhamnus cal. Q- for muscular pain and rheumatism. There is constipation
Stellaria media q- chronic rheumatic pains
Tinospora cordifolia q- acute rheumatism with fever.
Urtica urens q- pain in ankles and wrist
Viscum album q- rheumatism of joints of gonorrhoeal origin, especially in women.
Total knee replacement is arguably one of the most successful of Orthopaedic surgeries. The success has been documented at various scientific platforms and Journals.
However there are still many myths in the mind of the lay person who is suffering from this crippling problem and prevents them from getting treated for the same.
- Myth : Everyone suffers from Knee arthritis, I should learn to live with it.
Fact: If the Knee pain due to arthritis is so much that is affects activities of daily life, and you find yourself refusing to participate in routine social activities, Knee replacement could be the best option to bring back the lost zeal in your life.
- Myth: I am too young for this surgery
Fact : Joint Replacement is no longer just dependent on the age. Recent advances in materials and design have vastly extended the boundaries for joint replacement.
- Myth: I am too overweight for this surgery
Fact : Surgery is not dependent on the weight, but on the overall medical condition of the person. In fact after the surgery, the ease of movement means losing weight may become easier.
- Myth: I should try to postpone the surgery as much as possible.
Fact : Severity of Knee arthritis can sometimes be so crippling that even small daily activities like going for a walk in the garden , shopping at the market or in the mall can become unbearable. This causes a great loss in the quality of life for that person. Pulling on in such circumstances is not only physically more challenging but may cause emotional issues and depression. In such circumstances joint replacement can be a life changing surgery