Doctor in Advance Rheunatology Center
Submit a review for Advance Rheunatology CenterYour feedback matters!
Yelchala Bal Reddy
I have never seen a doctor like him who is so down to earth... the treatment given was very good... he receives the patient in a friendly manner and listens to the problem patiently... I would suggest this doctor for the once who is suffering with rheumatology problems
Doctor consultation was good but doctor fees was different what it was showing in the website. When I did the booking it was showing 500 but at the clinic receptionist took 600. I donot understand then what is the meaning of giving wrong information.
my mother have artharities we met dr.sarvajeeth pal,doctor explained nicely and given treatment.
The dr patiently listened. Explained abt the problem suggested further diagnosis and follow up
Very good patiently, amicable Doctor & good treatment
Arthritis is a very painful disease. It restricts you from doing a lot of the activities you would love to engage in.
However, there are steps you could take to reduce the chances of it happening to you. Here are some of them :
1. Take Omega-3 fatty acids
Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
2. Take Vitamins and olive oil
Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. Vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while Vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges. Olive oil is also useful because it contains polyphenols which reduce the chances of developing arthritis.
Ginger and broccoli are two of the most therapeutic foods for various reasons and the chances of getting arthritis are also proven to reduce due to these foods.
4. Avoid injury
Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
5. Control your weight
This is very important, especially for your knees. It has been proven by researchers at Johns Hopkins University that if you are 10 kg overweight, then 30 to 60 extra kilograms of weight fall on your knees.
Strengthening your muscles around your joint decrease the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.
Hi, My mother is 82 years old. Moderate weight, sugar remains on borderline. Intra standing done. has arthritis Doctors recommend knee surgery .Her left leg does not bear much weight. She is on walker. Is it ok to go for knee surgery?
I am a sportsperson playing cricket. Due to some injuries, I am not able to play anymore. I had injured my right knee ACL Grade 1 tear 1.5 year back during training. Till now after doing many exercises, it still the same. I had also an injury in my right throwing shoulder. I am not able to throw with full force. I too had done exercises with resistance band and done static weight training for the shoulder but not recovered. Kindly diagnose the proper treatment for these injuries so that I resume my career as a player. Thanks.
Hi, I am a 43 year old male. I have been constantly having a knee pain since the last 1.5 years after a down hill trek which we participated in. Now I am not confident of running. Prior to that I used to jog almost weekly thrice for 3-4 kms at a good pace. Now whenever I run I feel sore in my knees.
Impression from MRI of left knee: lt acl grade 1 injury. Degenerated grade 2 tear in posterior horn of medial meniscus and grade 1 tear in posterior horn of lateral meniscus. Mild laxity of medial collateral ligament with lateral subluxation of tibia with respect to femur with joint effusion.
My mother has a problem of Arthritis, high BP, cholesterol, surgical, acidity and improper digestion. She's 59. Please advice a diet chart or plan for her for breakfast lunch and dinner which is healthy for her as she skips dinner and eats less in the day time. Please recommend meals, fruits etc which is healthy for her.
Gout: a brief idea: In the simplest of words gout can be defined as the inflammation of joints due to continuous accretion of urate crystals. An excess of uric acid can make a person suffer from gout. There could be a higher percentage of uric acid in a person's blood due to two chief reasons; an inept excretory system that fails to rid your body of surplus acid and also greater production of the acid. Arthritis is of three kinds; gout is one of those three. Homeopathy is known for its efficacy in treating gout.
Homeopathic remedies for gout:
- Urtica urens can cure gout: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed by a professional practitioner if the person is susceptible to cold. Urtica urens can work on a patient if he or she is allergic to snow, air, touch and water. Hive like eruptions on your ankles, wrists, and shoulders can be treated through regular consumption of this medication.
- Ledum can relieve you of pain: A painful, swollen area that develops on the small joints such as the joints of your toe fingers can be cured with the use of Ledum. The sensation of shooting pain in your limbs or feet can also be dealt with Ledum. Apart from that swollen small joints can be given momentary respite by falling back upon the cold compression therapy. Patients are advised to take this medicine if they exhibit intolerance to external warmth.
- Lycopodium is effective on sore joints: Chalky deposits of urate can be found in a person's knees. This results in chronic gout. Chronic gout has symptoms like limited urination. The urine may or may not have red sediments. People have also been reported with symptoms like extreme backache. Lycopodium successfully cures cases of unceasing gout.
- Try out benzoic acid for a big toe: If your gout is accompanied by stinking yellow urine you probably need Benzoic acid. Gout could be so severe that it might result in a stiff limb. In certain cases it makes a person limp. The thumb of your feet might get swollen making you have a big toe. A big toe usually kills you with tearing pain.
- Arnica deals with bruises: Arnica is your go to solution in case of a throbbing, stinging pain in any part of the body. This medication is a cherished answer to aches in every household. When gout is tender and it hinders free movement, this medicine comes to your aid. The medicine also heals bruised eruptions.
Insomnia is one of the most common complaints faced by primary care practitioners after pain. Non-pharmacological management of Insomnia that is noninvasive is gaining interest among patients with insomnia.
To determine the feasibility of recruiting and retaining participants in a clinical trial on shirodhara, Ayurvedic oil dripping therapy, for insomnia in the United States and also to investigate the therapeutic usefulness of Shirodhara for insomnia using standardized outcome measures.
Study Intervention and Data Collection:
Shirodhara with Brahmi oil was done for 45 minutes on each participant for 5 consecutive days. Insomnia Severity Index (ISI) was used to evaluate the severity of insomnia as well as to determine the response to Shirodhara therapy. Data were collected at baseline, end of the treatment (day 5) and 1 week after the treatment ended (follow-up).
Two males and eight females with a mean age of 40 years (range 23 to 72), SD ± 14.2, were enrolled in the study. One dropped out of the study, but all remaining nine participants experienced improvement at the end of treatment. The percentage of improvement range varied from 3.85% to 69.57%. At follow-up, most participants continued to improve. Comparison of means between baseline and day 5 indicated an overall signiﬁcant improvement (P < .005), but in a comparison of baseline vs 1 week posttreatment the improvement was not significant (P < .089). No adverse events were reported during the study.
Shirodhara with Brahmi oil may be beneficial for moderate to severe insomnia. It is feasible to recruit and retain participants for such therapies in the United States. It is important to validate these findings and investigate the mechanism of action using a larger sample and rigorous research design.