Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santosh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SantoshYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old recently I have delivered a baby by C -Section. It's been only 50 days. I have gain weight. .when can I start exercise or swimming and how to loose weight.
My son is 6 years old. He is studying in second standard, he is healthy and active .but when he study for the exams he will forgot all what he studied. please suggest .
My 3 months old baby is pooping after feeds. She is being provided with both breast milk and formula feed. Earlier she was made to poop by using hot water and the texture of poop was thick and like butter and had a bad odor. But few days before her poop was little watery and contain seed like substances. And the poop did not smell bad and it was bright yellow in color. She is urinating frequently and is very active. She was already given a shot for loose motion. I have consulted doctor and she gave taxim o drops for five days. But still her poop is the same. What might be the reason.
My son is 5 weeks 4 days old. Born with a birth weight of 2.6 kg and current weight 3.3 kg. My son is continuously breastfeeding for 2 hrs at a stretch yet he remain hungry. After initial meconium for 2 days he passes stool at every 2-3 day interval. Now d stool is yellow mustard in colour and smelly. He has 6-10 wet diaper everyday. As my son always remained unsatisfied with my milk I introduced nanpro1 on day 9 once a day which was made twice a day from day 15. Now he takes 2 times upper feed sometimes 3.my son is active but when I take him off my breast after 2 hrs and keep on bed he gets up in 10 mins and starts sticking his tongue out and then starts crying n if I prepare number in 15 mins and gv .he happily gulps down 60- 90 ml. Do you think I have low supply issues or wrong latching issue. D dosage of nanpro1 is to b increased or not. When I pump I get 30 ml from both breast. Wat can b done to improve supply. Currently taking perinorm from last two weeks n lactare powder.
My daughter age is 5years and 5month she look bulky and her weight is 32 kg, please advice me what should I do?
If you are experiencing a wheezing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check.
Symptoms of Asthma or Asthma Attack
- Chest tightness or chest discomfort
- Breathing discomfort with or without cough
Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with your doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Doctor suggests immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.