Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjib Kumar SahuYour feedback matters!
My boy have got BP its about 155/100. Doc told to check ECG, blood sugar, cholesterol etc. Every thing is normal except cholesterol . Its 250mg. His age is 28. Because of cholesterol did he got BP? And tell me how to control cholesterol and BP. Thank you.
I had fits last week and some times my heart even start beating fast wanted to know the reason, regards I am 41 years old BP is normal and why I do get?
Sir, I have high fever and suffering from cold. I want more satisfaction please do something. It has high blood pressure too.
I hav severe pain on my right side of chest and same bak side pain also. And heaviness of chest in my right side. Wat was da cause for this? And vat treatment I should tak for this.
My baby is 4 year runnig she's heart beat is very fast doctor. Mujhai fikar hai ke koi problem ho sakti hai
I am 56 years old male, I have gout - 9% and high pressure (taking zilos-50) pl. Inform any medicine?
Pain in chest and also tightness in the chest and some time anxiety and unable to take deep breath it happens past 3 month.
Hi, i'm 27 years old. I have a cholesterol problem. I used to smoke but after seeing my report I have given up smoking instead of my cholesterol level is nt a under control my ldl is on 190 and hdl is on 45. How can I control my cholesterol kindly provide me diet chart too.
Recently, Nov. 28th I was treated for heart attack and 2 stents inserted. Dr. advised that another block is there and it is very thin and thin stent to be placed and urged me to do at the earliest. After first angioplasty I started doing some walking exercise and other works. I am retired aged 60 years. Since already spent a large amount for angioplasty and another angio which cost high can be done a little later. Is it ok to do since I don't have any problem like pain etc. I heard there is an hospital - Puttaburthi Sai Baba hospital in Bangalore where it would cheap. I am living in Chennai. Pls advise.
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I am a 18 year old student. Yesterday I was not able to sleep properly because of the pain iny left arm.In the morning area around my heart starts aching. Even a slight movement is painful. Is it a symptom of heart attack? Can I get heart attack at age of 18.
I had passed through angioplasty before 5 months. To low the risk of blood clothing again what should I have to do?
Im 21 year old female, I have backache, breathing problem, and chest pain. Sometimes, even sometimes stomach pain also. Im feeling to ask you that, is I have any heart problem.
Low blood levels of vitamin D are associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular problems such as heart attack and stroke.
The 5-year research with participants in the Framingham Heart Study was published in the journal Circulation. The study, which included 1,739 people, average age 59 years, found that those with the lowest levels of vitamin D had a 62 percent greater risk of a cardiovascular event than those with the next highest levels.
An hour or so of sunlight on the skin each week allows the skin to produce blood levels of about 30 nanograms of vitamin D per liter of blood, more than enough to prevent a deficiency such as rickets.
Food sources of vitamin D include fortified milk and oily fishes such as salmon.
Recommendations from the Institute of Medicine in the United States call for a daily intake of vitamin D ranging from 200 International Units (IU) for young people, to 400 IU for the middle-aged, to 600 IU for older people. But getting that amount from food and sunlight may not be easy. A glass of fortified milk contains only about 100 IU of vitamin D. The suggested recommendation is 1,000 - 2,000 IU.
The cardiovascular risk associated with low vitamin D levels was especially greater for people who also had high blood pressure. Their incidence of cardiovascular events was double that of people with higher blood levels of vitamin D.