Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
I am 47 years old. I am a diabetic patient since 3 yrs. On fasting my sugar level is 110-140 mg/dl and on pp my sugar level is 160-200 mg/dl. I do not take any medicine What should I do to control my sugar level?
I am 40 years of age doing marketing, my tests revealed that I had TSH-10.69, VLDL cholesterol -24.00, Globulin-4.52, SGPT-54.20, Serum Albumin-2.31, sugar, KFT,Blood analysis was Normal, My BP is around 145/90, feeling lethargic, but weight has not increased, 64 KG around. What should I do to control my BP and TSH, should I start thyroxine 10 mg immediately? What should I take for diet.Please suggest.
Hi, Wearing the tight jeans or skinny fit jeans and underwear puts pressure on the testicles. And is this may lead to infertility? If so what is the precautions to take care?
What actually causes diabetes, Is this necessary that a diabetic patient also have hypertension, weak eye sight or joint pain?
I am 23 years girl. And I am having hypothyroidism (TSH is 6.57 diagnosed two weeks ago) due to which I had gained my weight alot as I go aerobics daily but then to my body looks like as some amount of air is pumped in my body. My height is 5. Kindly suggest me how to control my weight.
He is a diabetic patient. His blood sugar level is under control. He takes medicines for it. What precautions should he take to maintain a good health? What food should be avoided for it?
I am diabetic and also bp patient but both r in control recently from 3 days I am using bp tablet telapp 40 now I have normal bp can I stop bp tablet.
Sir, My father (50) is suffering from Diabetes please tell how to reduce the glucose level please tell any medicine to reduce the glucose level also my father is suffering from cataract problem and the doctor says that do an operation as early as possible. Thanks!
I am 62 years old man. I suffer from dm-ii. Bloodsugar fasting varies from 105 to 125 & pp varies from 165 to 195. I take metformin 500 mg+glimepiride 1mg twice daily before meals. Hba1c varies from 6.5 to 7.5. I go for morning walk for 4 kms. I am overweight by 20-25 kgs. What should I do?
Hello please help, I am a woman of 32 year old I am suffering with high diabetes, how should I control my diabetes?
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
Ayurvedic Remedies for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt