Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta Dinkarrao Kotalwar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta Dinkarrao KotalwarYour feedback matters!
I am aged 73 yrs. Having BP/Diabetes for quiet sometime .Under medication for this. Of late BP is fluctuating in range 160-70/153-68. Besides swelling in the Ankles/legs is present during day time, but subsides during night. Request your advice for above problems.
I m 58 Years Old. My Sugar Label 140 before breakfast and 250 after fasting. I want know to subjection for maintain Diabetes.
How can a diabetes patient get cured of his diabetes without taking medicines, please give suggestion about the kind of food he should take.
Hello doctor last 2 month pehle mera thyroid badh gaya tha aur TSH level 15 tak badh gaya tha to doctor ne meri dose 150 mcg kar di thi. But now ab mera TSH level 0.27 h to ab mujhe kitni mcg tablet khani chaihiye.
My brother aged 38 has blood sugar level of 128 on Fasting. Does he need any medication or can he reverse the condition by lifestyle changes such as switching over to a high fibre diet plus physical exercises like brisk walk or cycling etc.?
Hypothyroidism:- 4 years back my TSH was 13 and suffered from irregular periods. And I have been using medicines since then and now it is 2.92. And I am regularly using femilon tabs and recently I got married (4 months back) and I am getting period regularly. I have small doubts regarding this. Any help will be highly appreciated 1. I want to get pregnant. Is usage of femilon prevent me to get pregnant? 2.what should be my tsh to get pregnant.
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.