Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandhya Acharya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandhya AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Hi am Krissh 23, actually I wanna ask one doubt. Don't mistake me. My gf and me going to do intercourse for first time. So we r going to do safe and protective sex only. But even she had a doubt is there any pills to avoid pregnancy. Actually we heard I pill will prevent from pregnancy but we don't know exactly. Please let me know safest and non side effect pills.
How many days after intercourse. We can pregnancy test at home by urine? I had intercourse on 22/05/2015, I am not sure she is pregnant yes or no. So I wanna test at home, so tell me after when will I test?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
Clomid (Clomiphene citrate)
Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had sex on 18th n 19 Dec, not used any condoms nor ipill. From last 3 4 days, my back is paining a lot n feeling cramps in my lower abdomen and also in vagina sometimes. Always feels sleepy n tired. Some times I eat a lot n sometimes not. Moods swings a lot. What it is exactly. Please help.
I want to know that my periods are regular everything is normal so what is the problem in conceiving. I got married since 3 yrs. I want to know the how much the sperm count should be there for normal person. please suggest how to conceive.
Hi, during first sex if the blood doesn't flow out through vagina, does that mean that girl is not virgin?
Continue period me sex karne se pregnancy possible hain? Continue period me sex krna medical science me sahi hain ya nhi?
She is having fibroids in utters its almost from 7 years now what is the suggestion she says no to surgery.
ANGINA PECTORIS [ANGINA]
Pain in the region of heart on exertion is known as angina pectoris.
• Inadequate supply of blood and oxygen to the heart is the main reason.
• Atherosclerosis of the coronary artery.
• Increased triglycerides and cholesterol.
• Sedentary life.
• Lack of exercise.
• Sudden emotional upsets.
• Chronic consumption of alcohol.
• Chronic smoking.
• Drug abuse like – cocaine etc.
• Diabetes mellitus.
• Family history.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Pain in chest – crushing, constricting, sharp, burning pain with feeling of strangling and suffocating,
• Pain may radiate to both arms or mostly along the left arm to the little finger and the jaw, teeth, neck throat, epigastric region and between the shoulder blades.
• Pain is precipitated from exertion or on physical activity and subsides on rest.
• Pains last for few seconds to few minutes.
• May be associated with – short breath, anxiety, palpitation and nausea.
• Cut down salt (common table salt) intake in your diet to avoid hypertension. Intake should not exceed more then 2 to 2.5 gm a day.
• Avoid foods rich in cholesterol: ground nut oil, ghee, butter, whole milk, eggs, lard (fats derived from pig meat), tallow (fats derived from goat or sheep mutton), oily fish, meats and red meat – all non-vegetarian food contain cholesterol in varied amount.
• Avoid non-vegetarian food especially red meat.
• Increase intake of foods that contain PUFA's (poly unsaturated fatty acids) flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA's. Other oils that contain PUFA's are sesame oil, mustard oil and olive oil. As all oils are high in fats, its consumption should be limited. The intake of oils should not exceed 20gms a day.
• Sesame oil and almond oil hinders the absorption of LDL (low-density lipoproteins), so it is advisable to use replace other cooking oils by sesame oil.
• Increase your intake of water.
• Consume whole grain cereals and whole pulses.
• Take high fiber diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables, peas, beans, potatoes, raw vegetables, salads, dried fruits and fresh fruits.
• Eat fruits and vegetables with the skin.
• Cut down the intake of sugar and other sweeteners.
• Replace whole milk with semi-skimmed or skimmed milk.
• Avoid fat-rich portions of flesh foods. Instead have lean meat.
• Avoid fat-rich desserts and fried snacks like cakes, pastries, puddings etc
• Instead of frying food boil, steam, grill or roast food.
• Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks, junk food – pizza, burgers etc.
• Consume food rich in magnesium
– Nuts and sea food, green leafy vegetables, sea plants like Japanese sea plants, whole grains, Peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
• Increase intake of vitamin C, it maintains the elasticity and integrity of the artery walls.
– Citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables.
– Eat vegetables- cabbage, broccoli, tubers- potatoes and sweet potatoes.
• Reduce calcium intake (reduce but do not completely avoid calcium as it is needed for maintenance of our body):-
– milk and sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
– Should avoid custard apple and banana as they are high in calcium.
• Reduce weight if obese.
• Stop smoking and alcohol consumption.
• Exercise regularly.
• Take brisk walks for 40 minutes daily morning.
• Practicing yoga and breathing exercises plays a very important role in lowering the cholesterol levels.
• Do some relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation etc to relieve the stress Change your lifestyle to reduce stress-physical or mental.
Eat fresh fruit, vegetables, whole wheat products and some pulses (high in purine) every day.
Enjoy low-fat milk and dairy products daily.
Keep an eye on the purine content of food. Avoid offal, shellfish and crustaceans and tinned fish such as sardines in oil.
Uric acid diet should be relatively high in carbohydrates, moderate in protein and low in fat. Complex carbohydrates like whole grain cereals, fruits and vegetables contain fiber that can help in proper digestion of the foods and assimilation of the nutrients.
Eat no more than 100 gm of meat, sausages, fish and poultry a day.
Say no to alcohol and sweetened cold drinks.
Fresh fruits like apples, bananas, oranges and lime are beneficial. Black cherries are considered to be beneficial in reducing uric acid levels.
Drink at least two liters of low-calorie fluids a day. Recommended fluids are water, tea and fruit juice.
Please note that normal uric acid levels in our body.
Men 3.5 to 7.0 mg/dl
Women 2.5 to 5.7 mg/dl