Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saduqa Umaima Babar
Submit a review for Dr. Saduqa Umaima BabarYour feedback matters!
I'm male, 29, weight- 50 kg, height- 169 cm. Dear doctor, due to anxiety, my weight is reducing and I'm confused for the time being, I have a frequent urinating. Is this anxiety stressful. Is it bad for health? My mind forces me to remain always anxious to avoid heart attack and diabetes by reducing weight. Pls advise me.
I am having health issues with my weight I want to loose my weight it is increasing day by day but without going to gym or other thought exercises.
I am 19 year old. I want to weight loose. At this time my weight is 62 kg. And also I want to raise my height. At this time my height is 4.5 feet. What I do for these problems? Please help.
Hi, My weight is 87 kg. I want to lower it down by 20 kg. Most of my weight is due to beer drinking and unorganized eating habits.
In India, especially the urban centers, obesity or even being overweight is becoming a new epidemic. The increases in consumption of fast foods, sedentary lifestyles and stress have increased the incidence of this problem. This has in turn, led to an exponential increase in the cases of diabetes, heart diseases and blood pressure among a host of other problems.
The Ayurvedic approach
Ayurveda is a discipline, which has been practiced over many millennia and contains the collective wisdom to effectively treat problems of obesity or being overweight without side effects. According to Ayurveda, the body is made up of 7 elements or Dhatus:
- Rasa (Lymph)
- Rakta (Blood)
- Maans (muscle)
- Meda (fat)
- Asthi (bones)
- Majja (Nervous system)
- Shukra (nervous system)
However, if you are overweight then it means that due to an imbalance of the ‘Kapha’ dosha, you are accumulating more ‘meda’ or fat. Ayurveda has some very effective actions to prescribe through which you can lose weight very effectively.
Some of these tips are mentioned below.
- Drink a mixture of lemon, honey and water first thing in the morning: Drinking a mix of lemon, honey and water helps to jump start your metabolism and boost your digestive system. Drinking this regularly over a period of a few months and would help reduce your weight very quickly.
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day: This is a very important step as meditation helps relax your mind, muscles and nerves and reduces stress. This enables you to take better decisions throughout the day. It also controls your appetite thus stopping you form binge eating. Meditation and relaxation have also been shown to contribute to weight loss by keeping the metabolism regulated.
- Do at least 30 minutes of exercise: It is important that you do at least 30 minutes of exercise daily as it would regulate your metabolism and help you to keep burning fat throughout the day. Incorporating light yoga along with a brisk walk is possibly the best way to safely and easily lose weight. Some of the easiest poses to lose weight would be
- Dhanurasana or Bow pose
- Setubandhasana or Bridge pose
- Bhujangasana or Cobra pose
- Vakrasana or Half spinal Twist pose among many others
- Consider your diet according to season: According to Ayurveda, you should be careful about what you eat during the various seasons as this will ensure maximum nutrient absorption without the deposition of fat.
- Eat three meals a day, not more: According to Ayurveda, you should have three meals a day without any snacks in between. Have a heavy breakfast as that tends to set the tone for the day, followed by a comparatively light lunch and an even lighter dinner. This is because your digestive system functions most effectively in the morning, fairly fast at noon, but it is the most sluggish at night.
- Got to bed early and rise early: This is often propagated as disturbances in the Circadian rhythm or the natural sleep and waking cycles are a big contributor to weight gain. Once this is properly regulated, it could result in weight loss because of your body metabolism being properly regulated.