Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.KhasimYour feedback matters!
My father is diabetic! Suddenly yesterday he had vomtings from evening till today morning when he sleeps sideways his head is feeling like moving it seems please anyone help me to know?
DIABETES HAS AFFECTED MILLION INDIANS TILL DATE.IF YOU HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH DIABETES, YOU MAY KNOW THAT THE DISEASE CAN CAUSE PROBLEM WITH YOUR EYES, NERVES,HEART,AND OTHER PART OF YOUR BODY. DIABETES CAN LOWER YOUR RESISTANCE TO INFECTION AND SLOW THE HEALING PROCESS
I am 65 years old having diabetes for last 10 years. Sugar levels fasting 110 and after meals 150 range. Taking glynase mf - one morning and one-night. Bp normal. My left shoulder is heavily paining . I am unable to lift the left hand upwards. Specially during nights it is troubling much. Pse suggest me any remedy or medicine.
I have hypo thyroid problems from last 12 years. Pre last year I have operated çystic lesion at right side of my neck. But after 1.5 year it's again arise in same place and my doctor advise to operate it a again. Now I want to know why this problem 2nd time repeated and what are the probability that it will Not again arises third time to. Pls advise me what to do. Should I operate with same doctor?
My blood sugar fasting is 140 and pop is 160, since six months Dr. Prescribed gluconorm sr 500 tab, what is course duration to control my sugar level, I exercise and also drink green tea.
Infertility is a condition that refers to the inability to conceive, even after regularly having unprotected sex for a period of 6 months at least. In most cases, infertility may also refer to the biological inability of a person to contribute to the process of conception; or to a woman who is incapable of carrying a pregnancy to its full term.
There are several causes behind infertility; but taking the current lifestyle of the people into account, stress and a sedentary lifestyle are emerging as major factors behind this condition.
How do stress and a sedentary lifestyle cause infertility?
1. Stress: Stress is turning into a major cause of infertility, esp. in women. A research carried out by Emory University observed 16 women between their mid 20s-30s, with normal weights for a period of 6 months to come to this conclusion. It found out that each of these women did not get their periods for the 6 months under observation due to high amounts of cortisol (stress hormone) in their body. Each of these women had really hectic work lifestyles, which indicated that women with stressful jobs are at a higher risk of experiencing infertility due to stress.
In fact, both the partners, when going through a period of stress, are unable to conceive. However, during periods when they felt good, their chances of having a baby increased dramatically.
2. A Sedentary Lifestyle: Again, more of a risk factor for women than men.
Amongst women, a sedentary lifestyle during teenage causes hormonal imbalance and anovulatory cycles more commonly seen in PCOD (polycystic ovarian disorder - the development of multiple small cysts in the ovary) patients, which is a major cause for infertility.
As for men, those with a sedentary lifestyle generally tend to be overweight or obese, which can lead to low sperm quality. This, in turn, can significantly reduce a couple’s chances of conceiving.
What can do you to prevent infertility?
1. Stay Active: Acupressure, regular exercising, daily brisk walking, practicing yoga and meditation are some of the ways by which you can alleviate the problem of infertility. Each of these activities help in improving the flow of blood to your reproductive organs, which helps in the release of toxins from the body. They also help in enhancing the movement of the pelvic region and in reducing any type of inflammation and pain in the area, thereby increasing your chances of conceiving. The added benefit of practicing these is a significant reduction in your stress levels.
2. Eat Right: Diet too plays a major role. Certain foods are known to boost your fertility, while maintaining proper hormonal balance and reducing the chances of miscarriage. Foods like cold water fish, raw dairy, eggs, tomatoes and dark leafy greens among others should be a part of your daily diet.
What is the basic reason about thyroid desease ? What precautions I am supposed to take. I am 17 years old my tsh is 9. 95. I am pure vegetarian I was advised by dr. Not to worry.
Hi. This is Deepthi Veronica. I have thyroid problem and I am taking proper medicines. My wedding is on 13th July, 2016. My periods dates are fine and this month the dates are 10th or 11th. So Can I use the tablets to stop mensuration for a cpuple of days. And if I take the pils will it effect my thyroid? Please suggest. Thanks.
She is 40 years old. A thyroid patient but other wise healthy and active. Last four five months she had a very severe skin problem where the entire body becomes red and lot of irritation and itchiness was there. Later in few minutes it got corrected on its own. Now she was suggested for anti nuclear that is ANA TEST. The reports show positive for it. Is it curable or is life threatening.
Gestational diabetes is also known as gestational mellitus diabetes (GDM). It is a prevalent disorder which affects pregnant women and the main cause of this condition is the imbalance in the functioning of the insulin, which mainly happens due to the presence of human placental lactogen. Expecting mothers show a raise in their blood sugar level, especially during the last trimester of their pregnancy. Women who do not have a medical history of diabetes can also be affected with this condition.
Prominent symptoms of gestational pregnancy include:
Gestational diabetes does not have any prominent symptoms; it can only be diagnosed through proper and professional screening of blood sugar level. You should immediately consult a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Increased level of blood sugar
- Trouble to concentrate
- Recurrent headaches
- Increased thirst
- Blurry vision
- Sudden weight loss
- Decrease in low blood sugar level
- Pangs of hunger
- Pale skin and dry skin
- Excessive sweating
- Persistent weakness
How can you manage gestational diabetes?
Modification of lifestyle pattern, healthy food habits and moderate physical exercise can help minimize the risk of gestational diabetes in expecting mothers.
In order to manage gestational diabetes, the following things should be followed:
- The treatment when accompanied with balanced diet and routine exercises, reduces the occurrence of health problems in both mother and child.
- A routine screening for type ii diabetes should be conducted throughout the pregnancy, to ensure early detection and treatment of the same.
- A diet rich in fiber and whole grains minimizes the risk of diabetes in pregnancy, fresh fruits and vegetables are also known to check the blood sugar level in expecting mother, minimizing the occurrence of health problem in both mother and child.
- Giving up the use of cigarettes and other forms of tobacco may reduce the chances of gestational diabetes in female smokers.
How Does Gestational Diabetes affect Pregnancy?
Gestational diabetes is harmful for both the expecting mother and the child. It increases the risk of complications in pregnancy that can prove to be fatal.
Potential risks of gestational pregnancy include:
- Increased risk of needing a C-section
- Preeclampsia and high blood pressure
- Preterm chance of birth