Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.Khasim
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.KhasimYour feedback matters!
I am a 53 years old female having hypothyroid and hypertension. I am under medication. Pl suggest me diet to reduce weight as I am 68 kgs. I crave for white rice. As per nutritionist I use coconut oil for cooking.
My age is 44 years and I am suffering from hypothyroidism and uric acid . In the year 2012 have suffered from TB . Now for last couples of year I am dry skin hands and foot especially when I am in air conditioner. Please suggest?
What is insulin therapy?
Insulin is a hormone that is responsible for keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control. It is the primary therapy used for the treatment of any type of diabetes. The dependence on insulin depends on the balance between the actual production of insulin in the body and the resistance of the body cells to the insulin produced. People, who suffer from diabetes type 1, need insulin injections lifelong. The requirement for insulin therapy in people suffering from type 2 diabetes solely depends upon the declining function of the beta-cells over time.
What are the types of insulin available in the market?
The various types of insulin available in the market are:
- Rapid acting insulin: The onset of action in this type of insulin is rapid and it lasts for a short duration, about two hours.
- Short acting or regular insulin: The onset of action is moderate, and it starts acting within half an hour, and the duration of action ranges from 3 to 6 hours.
- Intermediate acting insulin: It takes about 2 to 4 hours for the onset of action of this type of insulin and the effect can remain for about 18 hours.
- Long acting insulin: The duration of action of this type of insulin can last up to about an entire day.
How is it taken?
Insulin injections can be self-injected using a syringe, a needle, a cartridge system, or a pre-filled pen system. Devices for inhaling insulin, quick-acting insulin and insulin pumps are also available at medical stores and pharmacies. Insulin is injected subcutaneously, into your muscles. Try to ensure that you inject around the same area every time, but choose a different spot to ensure less scarring. The best areas to inject insulin are thighs, buttocks, arms and belly. If you take regular insulin, it is advised to take it half an hour before a meal.
What are the possible side effects?
- Low blood sugar level
- Scars and lumps from extensive usage of insulin injection
- Rashes can be found in the area the insulin is injected or sometimes, all over the body
- Weight gain when you start using insulin initially
Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Since my 10th standard, I urinate too much and from my inter, it has been increased to 25 times a day. I am worried whether it could be diabetes or not! And now a days am feeling hungry a little much than before. Please help me in resolving this!
I am a male and my age is 38 and from some day blood is dripping when I sit on toilet seat and I don't have any constipation problem. Before 5-6 days I have loose motion and this problem starts from that day. I don't have any pain in rectum bowl. I have some piles problem which has been cured by medicine. Please suggest me some medicine to stop that. Thanks..
Hello Doctor, My Reports are as follows: Serum Uric Acid - 5.2, S. Urea - 19, RA Factor - Negative, ASO - Negative, CRP - Negative (8.0 IU /-1). Still I have Joints pains, stiffness, Especially elbow, shoulders, fingers, wrist.
My father has insufficient vision in his eyes, when consult with doctor, he said blood bleed in his eye nerves. He is having sugar and bp.
Hi. Actually I am over obbesed, I tried walking and all but gradually I am gaining too much weight as I am getting bigger since last 4 years I have gained 35 kgs. Can you suggest the best ever idea. Shall I make a thyroid test. I need to loose weight as soon as possible. Waiting for reply -syed imad uddin.
He had diabetes last time in the sugar blood test he got 280 he is using the tablets so present what diet he should fallow.
What are the main symptoms of the disease diabetes and which type of food are not allowed to eat, please tell me.
Sir, I am 66 years old having diabetic for past 15 years under control (slight ). Now My right hand palm is sacking .so I am not able to put my signature properly and even I am not able to hold coffee tumbler when I am taking coffee. So kindly suggest any medicine to cure the above nerves problem. ramasubba. AR.
I am not taking any medicine for controlling sugar level. Today morning my sugar level is in fasting 170. Please give me your valuable reply.
I am a 65 years old male having a number of ailments am a diabetic for last 40 years, HTN and squamous cell carcinoma oral at present carcinoma is in remission no abnormal uptake detected suffering from enlarged prostate gland since last 6 years, diabetic neuropathy today PSA report 7.5 .Please can you suggest what should I do now. Thanks.
My blood sugar levels after food started climbing up recently during the past two months 140, 158, 170. Suggest me a diet to reduce this ? I am from Kerala south India and the traditional meal is rice. Is it time to see a physician ?
Am Diabetic: 1.Why Fasting Sugar level starts increasing if we delay Break fast by even an hour ? 2.Why PPS is lower than FBS, What to be done ?
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having sex without protection. The biological inability of a man or a woman to contribute to conception and carry a full-term pregnancy may also be referred to as infertility. Among the various treatments for infertility, homeopathy accounts for being an effective one in both men and women.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in women
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of acid vaginal charges: Borax and Natrum Phos are considered to be the best homeopathic medicines for infertility in women because of acid vaginal charges. These medicines are used when the vaginal discharges are destructive, acrid and kills sperms. Borax is used when the discharge is like egg white, copious and warm and it helps in easy conception. Natrum Phos is used when the discharge is acrid, creamy or honey colored.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of prolonged and profuse periods: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farionosa are used in case of too much prolonged, too profuse menstrual periods and periods which occur before time. Early mensus are experienced by patients. Anemia, leucorrhea, fatigues, tiredness and weakness may be experienced with menorragia.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men:
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with erectile dysfunction: There are several effective homeopathic medicines for this purpose. Agnus Castus is used when a man’s sexual desire and physical ability is low and the genitals stay relaxed, cold and flaccid. Caladium is best when infertility or impotency occurs due to mental depression. In this case, the genitals stay relaxed and weak erection is observed. Selenium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for erectile dysfunction in cases of slow and weak erections. Involuntary semen discharge may also be experienced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with low sperm count: X-ray is the most effective homeopathic medicine for treating low sperm count in men. Sperm count gets increased and both the quantity and quality of sperm are enhanced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with orchitis: Conium is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating infertility in men with orchitis. The testicles are swollen, enlarged and become hard. Conium also helps when a patient has a history of suppressed sexual desire.
Homeopathy is the most natural treatment for fertility in men and women, with no side effects on the body. Homeopathic medicine works with following rule of the nature's law of cure and these medicines work naturally without producing any harm to the body. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking any homeopathic remedy for infertility.