Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.K.Sarkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.K.SarkarYour feedback matters!
Specimen- fnac right hemi thyroid nodule nature of aspirate- received 02 unstained slides. Microscopic exam.- stained smears are stand cellular and show presence of occasional follicles of benign thyroid follicular epithelial cells. Few foamy macrophages and thin called in background. No malignant cell seen in smears examined.
I have checked the sugar level for the first time and noticed the levels of fast 126 and post 160. I have diabetes?
My sister 19 years old last three months se sugar ho gyi hai kya sugar abh uske sahi ho skti hai please help.
Is diabetes genetic? Is there minimum age and weight to diabetic? I am 24 years old and 167 in height. What is maximum wgt that I can get and not be a diabetic? Thanks in advance.
Hi, Mujhe type 1 ki Daibties hai one year se aur mai Apidra Din me teen dafh leta hu subh, dophr ,Sham auemr Sham k Wakt Dinner Lantus bhi leta hu phir kuch khas control nhi shet bhi Din b din Dubla hota ja rha hu ma 15 kg wait kam hua mera si pls Suggest kre kuch Kauns si Insulin acche rhegi. Aur shat bhi maintain rhe jisse ki shet acchi rhti hai to thoda tension nhi rhta nhi aise to Sugar level bhi High rhta hai aur aur sehat bhi acchi nhi rhati bhit Dubla hi gya hu. Kuch batenyen mam kya karu kya accha rhega mere liye.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
- Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
- Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS?
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
- Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
- Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
- Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
- Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.