Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Kumar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 52, pre diabitic patient, sugar level touch 200 after two hours of meal in case over dieting otherwise in normal diet it remains around 150, fasting is normar, what should I do is there any permanent natural treatment possible with yoga?
I have both knee pain and finger pain. I have uric acid problem little high than 7. Please advise medicine and food etc.
I am 52 years old. My insulin (novomix penfill) intake 32units in the night and 28 units in the morning along with zoryl m4 forte in the night and klobizide 5/500 day time. And my sugar levels are 125 fasting and 180 post prandial. How to reduce the medication. My body wt is 86 kgs.
My son's age is 46 yrs. His sugar level is abruptly increased. His random sugar level is now 338. Consult your good opinion and Ayurveda medicines. if it can help?
I am 70 yrs. Old suffering from diabetes since last 8 yrs, and recently facing a problem of thyroid (low) disorder. My diabetes level remain high and some rimes very low. During these eight years I have lost 16 kgs. Of weight. I use eggs, protien powder, fruits and tablet of multivitamin by the advice of my physians but I am constantly losing my weight month after month. Other wise I am healthy in the sense that I do not have any physical problem indischargin my normal daily life. How can I improve my weight with maintaining my diabetes and thyroid problem?
I am Dr. Sanket Gupta. I am a practicing homeopathic consultant at AKG’s Oviham’s medical centers and we have our clinics at Moti Bagh and Pritam Pura.
Today I would like to talk about a disease caller hyperthyroidism. Again a very common disease. A very common endocrine disorder. One of the most common endocrine disorders. And as the name suggests, hypo means less, so what happens is the thyroid gland secretes thyroid hormones in a very less quantity. So the thyroid hormones t3 and t4 are released very less and there are only two major reasons. The first major reason being thyroid gland not functioning properly which happens when there is usually lack of iodine or deficiency of iodine as you must have seen a lot of people develop quite a huge growth around their necks. That is goiters and that is due to deficiency of iodine. The second cause being pituitary gland which releases less of thyroid stimulation hormone which in turn actually activates and stimulates the thyroid gland to release the thyroid hormones so these are the two major causes and clinically what we find in the investigate the findings of the thyroid profile, we find thyroid stimulating hormone is usually in, in people with hyperthyroidism and the t3 and t4 levels are generally low. On the other hand major reason could be autoimmune thyroiditis and this autoimmune thyroiditis means when the cells of your own body are working against your own body cells are working again your own receptors, own glands and preventing it from stimulating the thyroid hormones normally. In this case we need to get anti TPO and thyroid antibody, thyroid binding antibody globulins to test it. Homeopathy fortunately has a very very good result and very good effective treatment in both the cases be it autoimmune disorder or be the classical hyperthyroidism which we see in generally most of the cases. Symptomatically patients start you, you know the disease dose sets in quite early but the symptoms start manifesting very late in the life and symptoms like weight gain symptoms like dry skin, fatigue, weakness. Breathlessness even at times, slow pulse rate, falling of hair, irregular periods, constipation, depression, that all guiding towards hyperthyroidism so one thing is by if there is iodine deficiency It can always be supplemented by taking iodized salt which we use these days and that prevents the formation of goiter. The second thing being a secondary hyperthyroidism where it is generally due to the lack of our homeless, due to the inefficiency of the thyroid gland. What home, here the role of homeopathy is very important. What homeopathy does is it tries to only stimulate the thyroid gland to release the thyroid hormones properly tries to maintain that homeostasis tries to maintain that balance. It is not done we are doing giving something from outside which will you know, release the chemical and work on its own when the thyroid gland would be sitting pretty on its side, No. what we do with homeopathy, homeopathy medicines do they stimulates the thyroid gland to function on its own to fight on its own and this is how thyroid is completely, all the higher disorders are completely and completely curable with homeopathy. There is no need to be on lifelong medication for hypothyroidism or even hyperthyroidism per se. even at times when people are given anti thyroid drugs for hyperthyroidism. They get converted into hypothyroidism due to the medication, over medication. So there are lots of factors which we tend to see over our clinics all of them are taken into account and accordingly treatment is given. But definitely, homeopathy has a huge role to play in public health when it comes to hypothyroidism and is a beautiful medicine of treatment, treatment of medicine without any side effects and absolutely curable for thyroid disorders.
For any queries related to hypothyroidism or any other disorder can consult me here on Lybrate or consult me at my clinics Thank you.
I am having fibroids. and I have two kids. I am having thyroid. and my hemoglobin is 8. Thus for all this I am on medication. But my problem is that my monthly cycle has started on 9 n today is 20 till it has not stop.
Hi doc, I am suffering from Hypothyroid from the past 3 years and now started facing lots of health issue weight gaining, swelling in body and now I think I am getting into depression. Please suggest me over come my health issue and weight reduction.
Diabetes has always been a mysterious home to many diseases. It reduces quality of erection. However, there are ways you can enhance your love life, by involving some strategies, such as:
- Approach sex like exercise: This helps prevent dreaded blood sugar lows.If you use insulin, check your blood sugar before sex and have a snack if it's low.
- Just go with it: Planning can be helpful, but don't sweat it if sex just happens.There's no reason not to grab the opportunity if it pops up just because you haven't followed your diabetes exercise routine.
- Use a lubricant: If you are a woman with vaginal dryness, a vaginal lubricant can make sex feel better. Ask your doctor about using one regularly, not just during sex.
- Prepare a sex arsenal kit: Keep anything you might need for optimal sex next to the bed.If you're a woman, you may want to have a lubricant in your kit. Feel free to include massage oils.
- Get a room: Treat yourself and your partner to a night at a local hotel. It's a great libido enhancer.Plan it days in advance.It's planning, but it's planning something fun.
- Get in some practice: If you are a man who uses a device like a vacuum pump or constriction band to help with erectile dysfunction, take time to learn how to use it right.
- Creativity is sexy: If you have trouble getting aroused, stretch beyond your go-to bedroom moves. Try out new positions. Explore different ways to climax. Most women don't climax from intercourse alone, anyway. Some men can have an orgasm from prostate stimulation.
- Limit alcohol: A little alcohol may boost your desire, but drinking can also make your blood sugar level drop quickly. If you drink alcohol, you might sip some champagne during intimacy.
- Get help for emotional issues: depression, anxiety, poor self-image, and other emotional concerns can hurt your sex life. And if you have a partner, sex troubles can put stress on your relationship.
- Relax: How you feel about your diabetes can set the stage for sex. With diabetes, you have to expect the unexpected.
You can think of a formula in your mind for better,increased, steamier sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.