Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Kumar
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old, male. My blood pressure always remains close to 90/140. Is there any big worry about that. Please advise.
Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental disorder which makes you feel fearful, nervous and suspicious about people or situations around. This disease usually starts to show its signs from early adulthood and is more common in men than women. People suffering from this disorder are unable to maintain close and long lasting relationships with people as they have the habit of blaming and not trusting other people. The most common symptoms of this disorder are:
- Doubting the loyalty of others
- Fear of revealing their own personal information
- A tendency of holding long lasting grudges
- Inability to handle criticisms
- Abrupt instances of anger and instant reaction
- Showing traits of coldness in a relationship
- Having a feeling of always being right
- Having problems in relaxing
- Being stubborn, argumentative and hostile
- Causes: The exact cause behind PDD is still unknown, but according to some medical researchers it happens due to a combination of biological and psychological conditions. Additionally, bad emotional experiences during childhood and having gone through a physical or mental trauma also leads to the development of the disease.
- Diagnosis: This condition cannot be diagnosed at home and is usually diagnosed by a specialist. The first step taken by a doctor in order to diagnose the disorder is an examination of the medical and psychiatric history of the person. Additionally, if the health records of a person do not indicate anything, then the doctors usually go for some expert opinions by a psychiatrist.
- Treatment: Most of the people suffering from this disease are not even aware about it, until someone brings it to their notice. Doctors usually believe that psychotherapy, which is a form of counseling, is the best way to treat PDD.
I am 32 year old women. I have 1 year 4 months old baby. I am facing. A problem these days. When I hold or carry my baby in left arm, severe headache starts. And it continues but when I hold my baby in right arm nothing happened. Why happening this. Can someone help to know is it a serious problem or not?
I have pimples and spots from 8 years. Now I'm 20. I have used benzyl peroxide 2.5 gel but when I stop using it my pimples are back. I want permanent solution for my pimples and marks. One more thing I have oil skin. Nowadays I'm facing sooo much hair fall also. please suggest for pimples and hair fall. Thanks in advance.
I have same pimples. I have consulted a doctor and started chemical peeling. After two consultations I'm not liking it since the sky became too dry and color is changing. I would like to have a second opinion. So can I stop the treatment for now? Will it have any side effects or should I continue it? In any case can someone tell will there be any side effects if I stop having treatment?
I am having high blood pressure 150/110 I am already using medicine for lowering high blood pressure from past two months but no change may I know reason and how can I lower my blood pressure. Your best answer will be helpful for me.
In what time can I have unprotected safe sex. Before periods or during periods please tell me explain.
The world is observing the 16th World Suicide Prevention Day on December 10, 2018. But unfortunately, many of us do not know anything about it, and of course have never done anything to take the movement forward.
The awareness day was first observed by International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) in collaboration with World Health Organisation (WHO) and World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH), keeping in mind the increasing number of suicides across the world.
As per a data released by WHO, a person commits suicide in every 40 seconds in this world which takes the total to over 40 lakh suicides in a year. The shocking number is the result of people misunderstanding mental illnesses with madness and hesitating to visit a doctor. People believe that psychiatrists are only for mad people.
What are the causes of suicide?
The cause of suicide can vary from person to person, but some common reasons are:
- Mood disorders like depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc.
- Substance abuse (primarily alcohol abuse)
- Family history of suicide
- Difficulties in relationship with girlfriend/boyfriend, wife, other family members or close friends
- Losing hope of something really important
- Death of a loved one, loss of an important relationship, loss of employment or self-esteem
- Unbearable emotional or physical pain
How to trace if someone has a suicidal tendency?
- The person will show the signs of clinical depression
- Will cut off from family and friends
- Will always look sad and hopeless
- Will show no interest in the activities happening around them
- Will always look short of energy
- May have different sleep patterns
- The body weight may decrease or increase
- Keep speaking negative about oneself
- Keep mentioning about suicide or death while talking or writing
Many people believe that people willing to commit suicide always seem sad, but they may also be filled with excessive amount of energy. Restlessness, agitation and hyperactivity may indicate an underlying depression that is being concealed.
It is often believed that someone might be talking about suicide, but he will not do it. But to be very precise, this is a warning sign that the person is at greater risk.
How we can help?
We should never shy away from talking to someone about suicide. If you find that any of your acquaintances is considering suicide, you yourself go to him/her and talk about their situation. It will lighten up their heart and their intensity of ending their life will diminish.
Apart from this, we can also keep asking them direct questions about their wish instead of ignoring to talk about it.
If these things do not help, try inspiring the person to visit a doctor and narrate the entire story.
The other possible ways to prevent suicides is to spread awareness about mental ailments through more such campaigns like ‘World Suicide Prevention Day’, by bringing the issue in the mainstream companies, schools, colleges and other such institutions, so that we collectively create a group of such people who suffer in silence.
Once the people will get to know their condition better, they will be more equipped to deal with these issues.