Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rama MohanYour feedback matters!
Can I take K-CIT (potassium citrate and citric acid oral solution usp) and Norflox-400 at same time? If I take will it creates any problem?
Hi I am 44 years old female. I had a problem of not feeling hungry in past and I get hungry by using decdan and merind, I used these tablets for 4 years did not know that these are steroids. One I got burnt and in report I found that I had diabetes 385. My doctor told me to stop those tablets bcoz they were the reason for diabetes. So I have stop them since last 4 months, My diabetes got controlled but I am not feeling hungry at all from the day I stopped the tablet. Taken so many tablets for getting hungry but no result. I was 88 kg before 5 months now I am 62. Please let me know the tablets to get hunger please. My bones of all body are also paining specially fingertips of hands and legs. Now the pain is unbearable. Please someone reply.
I am 34 year Old male with a secondary infertility case i.e. I already have 6 years old daughter which we got via natural conception. I don't drink, don't smoke at all and IT engineer by profession with no exposure of any heat whatsoever. It's been over 10 months since we are trying for our second baby and we aren't getting result. We had a rigorous tests done for my wife and she is all fine as she was during 1st conception hence with repeated semen analysis it's discovered that I have Azoospermia God knows how come it got developed in me :(. I have absolute no surgery or something hitting my testis which could ever lead to this. Doctor has advised me to go for Testicular Biopsy some have advised IUI / IVF. I want to know do I really need IVF as I strongly believe that I must be having sperms but it's not just coming through ejaculation. Please advise.
I am a male 38 years old. I have Bp since last 15 years and got sugar and cholesterol since last 1 year. For Bp taking betaloc 25 and for sugar jalra m 50/500. I found that jalra m has side effect of leg pain. What other alternative medicine for sugar.
I am 38 year lady sub total thyrodictmy in nov 2015 and my tsh 14.23 taking thyronorm 150 mg shelcal ct 1-1-1 hydrazid 25 one tab daily but not control tsh and weight grain 82 kg calcium 8.0 please tell solution.
I have a thyroid but thyroid is 6.2 level, and weight is too low, I measure my wight last 2 days ago, it is 39, so please help me what should I do?
1. Stay positive
2. Keep your body hydrated
3. Drink more water
4. Cut out drinks
5. Consume green vegetables
6. Eat good quality protein with each meal, such as organic chicken, fish, grass fed meat and plant protein such as beans and pulses, nuts and seeds.
I am 29 years old and on medication for hypothyroid (thyronorm-75 mcg) and did some blood tests due to frequent muscular issues. My d3 is quite low- 11 and b12 is fine. My husband's d3 is 15 and b12 is 83. His uric acid is also a little high- 7.9. We do not eat non veg but do eat eggs almost everyday in breakfast. My husband sometimes does eat non veg but he is not fond of it at all. He remains very lethargic throughout and has become very forgetful and absent minded. What all dietary and lifestyle changes do you reccommend? due to hypothyroid I have gained 11 kgs in past 18 months and I now weigh 68 kg as compared to 57 in november 2013. My husband is obese since number of years with around 117 kg weight and 6 feet height.
My wife suffering from thyroid. Apart from medicine and hot season, sever sweating makes her dull, inactive. Always in search of peace, please suggest any medicine for sweating. Her thyroid profile. T3-1.89. T4-10.15. Tsh-7.41. Medicine thyrox-50 od early in morning. Dr. Says it is enough. Is it so. Please suggest.
I do have hyperthyroidism and I'm taking thyronorm tablet of 50 mg. But some day I forget to take in empty stomach, please let me know the problems if I don't take the medicine some day or what about to have it after breakfast. Please let me know.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.