Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rama Chandra
Submit a review for Dr. Rama ChandraYour feedback matters!
I have a gastric problem from last four years, I have taken aciloc 150, but I did not get relief please tell me permanent solution.
From past few days I lack energy, I get tired soon and always feel burning sensation in my eyes. I get acidity almost every day and even my legs pains a lot while walking.
I am 65 years of age. Recently, I suffered food swallowing problem due to acid reflux. This was temporary and is cured now with tablets Gannamod total. However, as a part of diagnosis I had to undergo CT scan for chest and abdomen. One component of the report revealed, “small sliding hiatus hernia with asymmetric wall thickening of the rugal fold of stomach at level of diaphragm”. It is a matter of concern for me as thickening of inner wall of stomach can trigger ulcer in future. My question is, is this development connected with Kapalbhati Pranayam? I have been practicing it for many years for 10 minutes every morning (total counts 1200, with 3 to 4 breaks of few minutes). I have read that this Pranayam strengthens abdomen muscle and it makes me think that thickening of stomach wall could be repercussion of Kapalbhati Pranatam. Please advise, in view of my problem, (i) if I can continue with this Pranayam (ii) If yes, what should be the time duration?
I am 45 years male suffering from gas for the last 8years having drinking habit at night only before food 2/3 pegs almost daily. Stomach is always filled with gas I am taking omez and pantoprazole dsr daily can you give good ayurvedic medicine.
Doctor mere gas bahut banti hai. Body mein garmi bahut padti hai. Mujhe lgta hai jaan chali jayegi. Kya karu please btaye. Nervous system bhi theek nhi hai.
I am also feeling burning in my stomach. If I take tablet it's okay. Otherwise feeling very much. Doctors have not carriers any inflammatory test. Have done sonography in which fatty lever came. My SGPT REPORT WAS 56. And I have not pre house injury also.
Hello doctor. Am 22 years old. I have lower left abdominal pain. (Only left side). Thou its not severe I could not be normal. What it could be? Is it due pcos?
Doctors, I am having a intense stomach ache now due to which I can't even sleep. Please suggest me home remedy now as I can't go hospital right away as it's night time please prescribe me with a effective home medicine at the earliest.
Peptic ulcer disease is a form of disease in which painful sores or ulcers are developed in the lining of the stomach or in the duodenum, which is the first part of the small intestine. Complications include severe blood loss and perforation of the stomach and intestines.
What can cause peptic ulcers?
Ulcers occur due to the imbalance of digestive fluids in the stomach or duodenum. Usually, ulcers are caused by the infection due to bacteria known as Helicobater pylori.
Here are the factors which may lead to peptic ulcer:
- One can use painkillers, which are known as nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs, by the likes of aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen and several others.
- These kinds of ulcers may also occur due to excessive production of acid from gastrinomas.
- Excessive alcohol consumption may also cause peptic ulcer.
- Smoking cigarettes and chewing tobacco may cause such ulcers.
- Sometimes serious illness may cause peptic ulcer as well.
- Radiation treatment of the affected area may also lead to peptic ulcer.
What are its signs and symptoms?
There are several symptoms of peptic ulcer. They include the following:
- People experience a sensation of burning or gnawing pain in the upper or middle part of the stomach, between meals and during night time.
- Bloating is experienced.
- A feeling or sensation of heartburn.
- Nausea and vomiting are likely to be accompanied.
- In severe cases of peptic ulcer, dark or black stool is produced because of bleeding.
- The patient may vomit blood.
- Weight loss and abdominal pain are indicated, especially in the upper to mid abdomen region.
- Indigestion and change in appetite are also noticed.
- There is pain in the chest.
How to treat them?
Peptic ulcers can be treated in various ways, which include medication, lifestyle changes or surgery.
1. Lifestyle changes: Elimination of substances which lead to peptic ulcer should be avoided. Smoking and drinking should be restricted. Certain NSAIDS may lead to ulcer, and they should be stopped.
2. Medication: Proton pump inhibitors help in reducing acid levels, which allow healing of the ulcer. Different types of PPI are esomeprazole, dexlansoprazole, omeprazole, pantoprazole and iansoprazole.
Several antibiotics may also be used when a patient has helicobacter pylori infection. Several combinations of antibiotics may be used for the treatment. Bismuth may be used as well.
Upper endoscopy can be done as a part treatment of ulcer to cure bleeding ulcers. In case the ulcer creates a hole in the stomach’s wall, surgery is required. Peptic ulcer is a serious health condition and if not treated properly, it can cause several health hazards. There are several treatment options for peptic ulcer, and you should opt for the one that suits you the best.