Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendra PrasadYour feedback matters!
I have a birth mark on my chin. Similar to the actress Aruna Irani. Wanted to remove it through laser. Just wanted to know the possibility of the same and the risk involved or can I go for a operative surgery
My face is little dark and tanned. I tried everything but still it isn't making my face whiten. So what should I do to brighten my face.Please tell.
I am 19 years old. There is many blackheads on my face. My face is little bit wrinkled. So help me to get rid of it.
I'm 19 years old. I got tan due to heat. I want my fairness to get back. I have sensitive and acne skin. So doctor which cream should I prefer or what should I apply on face to get back my fairness?
What to do if a cut mark which is about 10 months old has grown hard and swelled up. Other cut marks have settled well and only marks are left but one of the cut mark has swelled up and is hard. What has happened and what is the treatment? Should a doctor be consulted or is there some home treatment for it? Can something serious happen?
If there is one thing that men and women dread the most, it is hair loss and hair fall problems. In the last decade or so, the number of young men and women suffering from severe hair loss is quite alarming. The hair fall, which may be an outcome of stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalance, genetics, medical conditions, unhealthy habits, poor diet or lack of a proper hair care routine, can make life miserable and embarrassing. People try out every possible treatment to deal with the problem. In this regard, the PRP or the Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy comes as a revelation.
The Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy is a path-breaking, nonsurgical and natural option that treats the conditions of severe hair loss through hair, scalp, and skin simulations, as per the requirements. The procedure for PRP are as follows:
- The plasma contains the platelets. The platelets are important as they not only heal but also helps in regeneration
- of the damaged tissues.
- The first step involves extracting the blood of the person undergoing the PRP Therapy.
- Next step is the centrifugation step. Centrifugation helps to obtain the platelet rich plasma (which gets separated from the blood during the centrifugation process).
- The patients are given anesthesia at the scalp (mainly the nerves) to ease the pain.
- The platelet rich plasma is then carefully injected into the scalp of the patient to initiate the hair restoration.
The PRP therapy channelizes on the fact that the growth factors present in the platelet rich plasma will act as a catalyst, triggering the stimulation and growth of the hair follicles
Some of the growth factors that help in the hair restoration are as follows
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (responsible for the formation of blood vessels).
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (triggers the growth of blood vessels along with cell replication as well as the formation of the skin).
- Epidermal Growth Factor (involved in the formation of blood vessels and collagen along with the growth and differentiation of the cell).
- Insulin Like Growth Factor (this growth factor is mainly involved in the regulation of the normal cell physiology).
For better and effective results, the therapy is repeated at every 3 - 4 months interval.
- As impressive and fruitful as it may sound, the PRP Therapy is a big no for people dealing with certain medical conditions such as cancer, platelet dysfunction syndromes, hypofibrinogenemia, severe and chronic skin problems, severe liver disorders, sepsis, hemodynamic instability, or acute and prolonged infections.
- People who are into drinking, smoking or drug abuse should also avoid the PRP Therapy.
- PRP fails to provide the desired results in the case of complete baldness.
- The PRP therapy that has benefitted many people worldwide comes with the following advantages
- PRP Therapy is non-invasive and natural with a faster recovery.
- The Therapy is less time consuming and is quite safe.
My dad was a farmer so he is working minimum 5 hours outside and in Sun actually my dad was very fair now his skin become very dark and dull and my mom also her hands, legs became dark and have cracks on their legs what should I do?
Moisturize your skin. Moisturize your skin with lotion it protects your skin during winters, you can use almond oil, avocado oil also.
Apply sunscreen. Winter sun can alos damage your skin so it is essential to apply sunscreen 30 mins before going to sun.
Skin of hand is thinner than most o part and have few oil glands so it winter causes cracked, itchy hands so try to wear gloves befor going outside and wash your hand in warm water and then apply cream containing petroleum, glycerine.
Avoid wet gloves and wet socks as it can cause it litching, eczem, skin conditions.
For chapped lips apply lip balm and products containing petroleum, glycerine.
Avoid alcohol based toner, masks if your skin is dry.
Avoid taking too much hot water bath, limit bath time as it can cause your skin dry.