Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahim QuereshiYour feedback matters!
I'm kinda mouth breather during trekking like stuff. Is it is fine being an adult? During normal berthing I am not mouth breather but during excess workout like trekking I have to breath through mouth. It's because of nose problem. The nose bone is not straight it is curved maybe this is called as sinus dono exactly. If this is not not normal for an adult then what will be best solution to recover from this condition?
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non absorbable stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches heal quickly and are easy to remove. Non absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches are applied on layers which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infections.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see your doctor?
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek for a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If unfortunately you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Feeling body pain in morning when I wake up, exactly in the area of the position I sleep, more pain in back, is it due t . Im 48 year old male.
I have a sweat problem on my palms and on my feet. I have consulted a nearby doctor and he said that I take so much tension. He has suggested some medicine but it didn't work. Can I suggest me some medicine so that I could get rid of this problem.
I am suffering from fever last two days my eyes are also being red and paining my body badly so please help me.
Last night suddenly I got a severe pain on my stomach. It such a verg strong stomachache. What should I do to prevent it?
Hi, I'm 19 years old. Surprisingly, I'm getting white hairs. I'm applying coconut oil more frequently and using head and shoulders shampoo twice a week. Would you please suggest me to reduce white hair or else should I pluck the white hairs that are starting to grow on my head. Please suggest me with this. Thank you.
What are the symptoms of TB. Im suffering from cough and chest pain from past 2 weeks and all reports are normal. What should I do?
Hi actually I want to know my penis bend little towards right side. Is there anything serious. I mean anything about to worry?
My mother usually going latrine 5 to 6 times. And mucus like substances found oftenly in her stool. What is the problem. And any solutions please
Yesterday, my husband just put his penis on my vagina. But I'm not sure did he cum or not. And he did not inserted his penis inside so are there any chances of getting pregnant?
I am 18 years old and am having headache from last 6 months, am trying some pills prescribed by doctor but that was not so effective, am also trying ayurvedic medicine but that was useless and am still suffering from it, would you please give some advice. I am highly obliged. Thanking you.
Hello Doctor my problem as follows when I am in the process of excretion my semen liquid comes out automatically .And also I observed increase in the size of testicles. I am really very much concerned about this problem. Please suggest me some good medication.
I am 23 years old male. I am feeling some pain in my stomach from last 20 days mostly during morning time when I getup from sleep. I have used some pain pain relief medicines but have not got relief yet. I am facing so much problem with this. Please suggest me what should I do now?
Diabetes is a silent attacker. So, you may continue to be unaware of the disease for a very long time, before you suddenly realize that something is wrong with your body one day. And then tests reveal that you are afflicted with diabetes.
There are some signs that can point to diabetes. Watching out for these can help figure out the problem:
- You might lose weight, and it may really seem like a great thing in the beginning but it is not. When a person has diabetes, he is likely to lose his weight because of the decreasing water level in his body as well as the inability of the body to break down food into more suitable forms.
- If you are taking more bathroom breaks than usual, and if the rate of going to the loo is increasing gradually with time, it can well be a sign of diabetes. When you are suffering from diabetes, your body becomes less efficient in breaking down the consumed food into sugars and utilising it. Therefore, a lot of sugar gets saturated in your bloodstream and your body gets rid of it by flushing it out through urination.
- If you are tired all the time, and by all the time we mean even after getting up from a long and good night's sleep, you may have diabetes. The reason for this is that fatigue comes to you when your body cannot produce enough energy from the food you consume, and this happens only when you have diabetes.
Complications that happen due to diabetes:
- Cardiovascular diseases: This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Retinopathy: In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Kidney problems: Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.