Doctor in 3M People's Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for 3M People's HospitalYour feedback matters!
A lipoma is a slow-growing, fatty lump that's most often situated between your skin and the underlying muscle layer. A lipoma, which feels doughy and usually isn't tender, moves readily with slight finger pressure. Lipomas are usually detected in middle age. Some people have more than one lipoma. A lipoma isn't cancer and usually is harmless
The cause of lipomas is unknown. Lipomas tend to run in families, so genetic factors likely play a role in their development.
Symptoms--lipomas can occur anywhere in the body. Lipomas are:
- Situated just under your skin. They commonly occur in the neck, shoulders, back, abdomen, arms, and thighs.
- Soft and doughy to the touch. They also move easily with slight finger pressure.
- Generally small. Lipomas are typically less than 2 inches (5 centimeters) in diameter, but they can grow.
- Sometimes painful. Lipomas can be painful if they grow and press on nearby nerves or if they contain many blood vessels.
- Less frequently, some lipomas can be deeper and larger than typical lipomas.
Several factors may increase your risk of developing a lipoma, including:
Being between 40 and 60 years old. Although lipomas can occur at any age, they're most common in this age group.
Genetics. Lipomas tend to run in families.
Homeopathy today is a rapidly growing system and is being practiced all over the world. Its strength lies in its evident effectiveness as it takes a holistic approach towards the sick individual through the promotion of inner balance at mental, emotional, spiritual and physical levels. When lipoma is concerned there are many effective medicines are available in homeopathy, but the selection depends upon the individuality of the patient, considering the mental and physical symptoms.
- Calcarea carb 200— Calcarea carb is one of the top remedies for lipoma. Calcarea carb persons are fatty and flabby and they have a tendency to excessively sweating on the head. They are sensitive to cold air. Calcarea carb persons have a special craving for boiled eggs and indigestible things like lime and chalk. In some cases, long-standing constipation and acidity may be associated with lipoma.
- Sulphur 200- Sulphur is an excellent constitutional drug for the treatment of lipoma. Sulphur patients experience extreme hot sensations in the body. The heat may be more marked in the palms, soles, and head. The skin looks dirty and it is dry. There is a history of skin complaints. Sulphur persons have marked aversion to bathing. They have a craving for sweets.
- Belladonna 200- Belladonna is best for lipoma when it is painful. The pain may worsen when touching the lump.
- Thuja occidentalis 200- Thuja got a great power of dissolving fatty accumulations. Thuja is prescribed when the person with lipoma has high cholesterol levels.
- Baryta carb. 200- Baryta carb is another effective remedy for lipoma. Baryta carb is suitable for persons who are backward mentally and physically. They are dwarfish and take cold easily. They are very sensitive to cold, very offensive foot sweat, very weak and weary, must sit or lie down or lean on something.
- Lapis albus 3x- Lapis albus is best for lipoma when it has a certain elasticity and pliability about them rather than stony hardness.
- Calcarea flour 30— Calcarea flour is prescribed when it is stony hardness in nature.
If a survey is done for the most common male sexual problem, the outcome would be erectile dysfunction. Commonly referred to as ED, it is a major problem for the male but it can be treated in simple ways.
By definition, ED is the repeated inability of a male to achieve and/or maintain an erection for a healthy and satisfying sexual relationship. The key word here is “repeated” as a quicker erection or softer erection is very common in many men, which could be a one-off instance and caused by transient factors like stress or lack of sleep. When this happens repeatedly, then it needs attention.
Symtoms: Erectile dysfunction is when:
- Erection is too soft, not allowing for sufficient penetration and prolonged intercourse
- Erection duration is very short
- There is difficulty in arousal
Risk factors: ED has been noted to be commonly seen in people, who have following behaviours:
- Advanced age (>60 years)
- Excessive alcohol abuse
- Sedentary lifestyle with no exercise
- History of diabetes
- History of groin surgical procedures for prostate, bladder, etc.
Causes: ED has both physiological and psychological reasons.
- Most common psychological reasons are strained relationships, performance anxiety, and other life stressors.
- Physical causes include reduced hormone levels and other chronic medical conditions like obesity, diabetes, and hypertension.
Diagnosis: While ED is easy to diagnose medically, the truth is that not many would be forthcoming for a diagnosis. Given that this issue could be a jolt to the “manhood,” it is often not brought out in the open for discussion. Once that is done, the following steps can help in diagnosis.
- Medical history and specifically sexual history
- Check for genital abnormalities
- Blood testosterone levels
- Other vitals including blood pressure, sugar, and cholesterol levels to identify overall health
- Sexual counseling involving the couple. Once they open up and get comfortable, the problem vanishes. Performance anxiety which is a major cause is taken care of, and ED is no longer an issue. Aligning the couple’s expectations also is very essential.
- Hormone supplements, both locally applied and taken into the system, help to a great extent
- Lifestyle changes like quitting smoking, moderating alcohol abuse, healthy eating habits, and moving away from sedentary lifestyle helps treat ED
- Medicines like Viagra are very useful for occasional cases of erectile dysfunction
As a last resort, there are advanced options like pumps, vacuum devices, implants, and surgical options, and implants. These are often not required, as in most cases, sexual counseling and hormone therapy help in managing ED. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!