Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. R. SantoshYour feedback matters!
I am 57 year old male weighing 85 kg, height 5 feet 5 inches and suffering from hypothyroidism since 15-20 years. I am taking thyronorm 150 mg. My tsh level fluctuates and is never stable as such every six months the dosages are changed right now tsh is 5.82. I get exhausted very fast. What should I do to reduce weight.
I am diabetic since 2006, I am 48 yrs old, taking 750 mg metformin twice, I have noted my glucose level is little higher for last one month, if I take 250 mg metformin in morning with breakfast and 750 with lunch and 750 with dinner then sugar level comes normal 120 to 130, my weight is 73 kgs height 5, 8 inch, please advice medication and other advice thanks.
I have borderline Thyroid issues . My TSH has been 5.15 to 6 since last 2-3 years but is maintained . I do not feel other symptoms except for excessive hairfall plus mood swings (anger/irritation) only close to the monthly cycle. No Weight Gain . But weight loss is slow. Should I take a medicine.
How can I tell if my blood sugar is too high or too low? What should I do about either high or low blood sugar?
I am 45 years old diabetic patient. Diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency less then 3 and high uric acid of 7.8. My sugar hba1c is 6.7. Lipid profile a little high. What treatment has to be done. I have severe ankle pain due to which I am not able to exercise. My weight is 82 and height is 5.2. I will hypothyroid too. Take 100 mg thyronorm. I take glyciphage 1000 mg januvia 50 rosovatsin 10 mg and lozar 25 mg.
Hi doctor, My mom has a diabetes. She has ulcer like problem also. Can diabetes patient eat honey. Because I beard honey is good medicine for stomach problems.
Sir I got typhoid in 1984, 85, 86, thereafter cold, cough was normal and detected bronchitis in 1995. And this continuous, I am feeling difficulty in breathing, since 1999, wheezing, Cough, shortness of breath, taken homoeopathy, Ayurvedic medicines and of course got some relief also, now also I can't run, fast walk. Headache with nose block. Sinusitis, it became routine now, by using nasal ayur drop, nose drains, but after some time again block followed by headache, I'm at 40 now. What to do now?
Dear sir Could you please tell me is there any way to reduce permanently diabetes or have I to continue ayurvedic medicines life long. Please tell me.
Diabetes is caused due to hormonal imbalance in our bodies. When the equilibrium between insulin and glucagon (hormones related to the sugar levels in the body) is disturbed, an individual suffers from diabetes. The disease is of two types: Diabete mellitus (Type-I and Type II) and Diabetes insipidus. When your body fails to release adequate insulin, the food that we consume is not properly converted into sugar or glucose. This is Type-I diabetes. On the contrary, if body releases defective insulin, one suffers from Type-II diabetes. Type-1 diabetes is sometimes called juvenile diabetes, or insulin-dependent diabetes. Type 1 occurs more frequently in children and young adults, but accounts for only 5-10% of the total diabetes cases nationwide. The basic symptoms of diabetes include changing sugar levels, excessive urination, thirst, weight loss and a lack of energy. Diabetes is caused due to a number of factors, ranging from environmental matters or hereditary links.
Homeopathic Remedies for Diabetes
Diabetes requires prolonged treatment. Long exposure to allopathic drugs can hamper your body organs due to its side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to take up homeopathic remedies, which have a long lasting effect on the patient. These medicines don’t cause side effects. Here are some of the remedies:
- Uranium nitrate: This compound reduces the sugar levels in the bloodstream and also keeps a check on frequent urination. It is prescribed for patients who develop the disease due to assimilative derangements. The symptoms that are looked for while prescribing medicines containing this compound include digestion problem, languor and debility, excess sugar in urine, huge appetite and thirst.
- Phosphoric acid: This compound is best for the treatment of diabetes that has a nervous origin. The symptoms that are looked for include excess urine and the colour of the urine is milky; poor mental force and general lethargy. The patient can also develop a bruised feeling in the muscles.
- Phosphorus: This compound is given to patients, suffering from diabetes and pancreatic diseases, especially tuberculosis or gouty diathesis. The symptoms include dry mouth, dark and watery stool and restlessness.
- Lactic acid: It is helpful for treating gastrohepatic type of diabetes. The symptoms that will have to be present in the patient include light yellow coloured urine, dry skin and tongue, thirst, nausea, and costive bowels.
- Insulin: Insulin therapy is an important as it helps in maintaining a balance in the sugar levels and keeps the urine free from sugar.