Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. ParamjyothiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 30 yrs old, I have a problem of sinusitis, what is the permanent solution for the disease for cure.
I am having lungs fibrosis I am taking wysolin 10 mg My lungs capacity is 17 % Daily 14 hour I am taking oxygen 2 litre. please help.
Yesterday she got cough and then first it affect left side of neck then right. It was paining a lot. She was not able to eat properly. Which medicine should we prefer.
Good evening sir. Am ftom gujarat I want ask you one question about my health. I have fever everyday and cough also so what can I do about that.
Sir/mam My grandfather is left with only 40 percent of lungs and now he is suffering from blood pressure at the ratio of 36 (low bp)-60 (high bp). So, please tell me the future consequences he will face along with remedies we have to do for him. Waiting for your prompt reply soon. Thank you.
Khansi hamesa rahta hao insonofillia bhad jata hai 5 years se dawa chal raha hai fir vbhi bich-bich me jayda ho jata hai.
When I press my right breast then white fluid comes and in all test there are normal but suggestive for duct ectasia but in ultrasound there show all normal but mild galactoria But prolactin level show high is 157 and I am unmarried and I am not pregnant and my age is 23 and I am suffering t.b also and doctor give me evion 200 capsule for breast discharge when press it. This medicine is for breast problem? Tell me.
My mother has asthama problem since quute some years she is 84 recently she has difficulty breathing specially walking short distances. Now she is uneasy lying on back wants to be seated in 5 min interval. She has not been on any drug or steriods. Just started her on asthalin using nebuliser. Also she keeps clearing throat if lying on back. What shouldd I give her so she get easy and can comfortably breathe lying on back. Does not need to clear throat.
Sometime, she starts feeling severe pain in one of her ear. It seemed that she also had some cough. What is the quickest treatment available to pacify the pain (when it happens late at nights). And what are reasons for this? How can it be prevented?
I have breathing problem. Whole day I am totally fine when night comes and I can not breath properly. I am eating montairlc but I want to finish this problem.
Nose incorporates an intricate system of narrow passages and hollow, air containing spaces connecting to eyes and ears that enable us to inhale the air before it reaches our lungs. And the problem of sinus is directly linked with the nose. Basically, Sinus is a cavity within bones of face connected with nasal cavities and the main cause of sinus is allergies. But internally our nose has to suffer a lot when this problem occurs. But there are few tips that can be of great help during sinus. Let’s see them one-by-one
1. Drink plenty of water: While you are suffering from sinus, you must keep drinking water at short intervals because this won’t let the sinus get dry which is very essential for the treatment of sinus. Prefer taking lukewarm water.
2. Oregano oil: Adding few drops of oregano oil in water and having it 2-3 times a day for a week will provide relief when suffering from sinus and it will also make recovery faster.
3. Eat vitamin C: Eat citrus fruits which are rich in Vitamin C. Although some people avoid it thinking that it will aggravate the sinus problem but taking Vitamin C is helpful in sinus problem.
4. Fruit juice intake: Taking fruits juices also helps in thinning out mucus and preventing sinuses from blocking.
5. Warm compressor on face: Keeping warm compressor on your face will give relief from discomfort and will open blocked nasal passages.
6. Keep your head propped up while sleeping: Sleeping on a couple of pillows will be a good idea as it will help in proper breathing.
7. Spicy food intake: Taking too many spices is never a good idea but taking it in limits can actually solve many problems and one of them is clearance of sinus. Spices like mustard, hot pepper, curry and horseradish etc. helps in clearing sinus. It opens your nasal passages.
8. Hygiene: Hygiene is the first and foremost thing to be kept in mind when this problem occurs.
9. Humidifier: Keeping humidifiers in your room also helps in providing relief during sinus.
I feel depression some time in a day and I also saw horrible dreams which make me to wake in night with fast breathing what to do to please tell me.
My father is 54 & recently while coughing he is getting blood in his cough. This blood is sometimes red & sometimes black in color. We have consulted a doctor in our city & he is currently admitted my father in the hospital to temporarily control the blood in the cough. Some reports have come today that says that there is a dense consolidation in upper lungs & Likely Alveolar haemorrhage. What does this mean Doctor? Please help me and tell me if this is Cancer, TB, any other acute disease. I am really worried for his health and expect some help in this regard. We stay in Allahabad Uttar Pradesh & can you please suggest a good doctor for this treatment. What is the meaning of Likely Alveolar haemorrhage? I look forward to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Inhale through your nose for the count of 5.
Hold for a moment and observe the space.
Exhale through your mouth for the count of 9.
Repeat a few times until you feel more relaxed.
You can use this technique first thing in the morning and it will set you up for the day. Any tool that you use that restores balance to the mind and body will have a huge benefit on your overall well being. What could be easier then breathing
As we go about life and routine activities, we may be exposed to a lot of different types of environments. We may have to travel in heavy traffic and may be exposed to vehicular pollution, there may be times when we are at places that allow smoking and that may expose us to smoke from cigarettes. Our nature of work today requires us to be constantly in a situation where we take in industrial fumes and exhausts. Being in any of these conditions temporarily may not be a big matter of worry, but when the incidents get more frequent they may lead to troubles in breathing and diseases such as bronchitis or acute bronchitis.
Acute bronchitis is a condition in which the bronchial tube that carries air to and from the lungs gets inflamed due to different reasons. The biggest hazard related to the inflammation of the bronchial tube is that the patient may suffer from constant coughing and irritation of the throat putting pressure on the lungs. In advanced cases, a bronchial infection may also leave the nodes of the lungs inflamed, making it more difficult for the patients to breathe.
Causes of Acute Bronchitis:
- The most common causes of bronchitis include the infection of the bronchial tube with bacteria or virus, which lead to the inflammation of the tube and subsequent bouts of coughing.
- A habit of smoking cigarettes or being exposed to cigarette smoke as a passive smoker may lead to the infection of the bronchial tube.
- Vehicular smoke and fumes also lead to the inflammation and infection of the tube that plays an imminent role in supplying oxygen to the lungs.
- Finally, when one works in a position where he/she is exposed to chemicals or harmful exhausts on a constant basis may also have to suffer from acute bronchitis.
What is the treatment for acute bronchitis?
Bed rest and supportive care such as reducing coughing are the main treatments for acute bronchitis. In most individuals, antibiotics are not needed, especially those who have as cause viral or environmental factors. For some patients who have wheezing with their cough, beta2 agonists may be helpful (bronchodilators). Perhaps the most useful treatments are directed at reducing coughing symptoms with over the counter preparations containing guaifenesin and mucolytics. NSAIDs are often added to reduce inflammation and help relieve discomfort. However, the American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend giving OTC cough and cold medications to children under two years of age; these medicines may cause harmful side-effects that can be life-threatening to young children.
What natural or home remedies treat and cure acute bronchitis?
- Stay well hydrated by drinking fluids
- Breath humidified air
- Avoid dairy products because they thicken mucous secretions
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine because of potential drug interactions
- Avoid exposure to environmental smoke and other air pollutants