Doctor in Sri Narmada Hospital
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Sri Narmada HospitalYour feedback matters!
Tonsils and allergy for last two years. I have take Tonsils (Khansi) Medicine for Several Times but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
My brother is being treated lymph node tb treatment for last 2 months. Genexpert and other drug susceptibility tests are done and no resistance to any medicine but after having akurit 4 for 45 days with other supporting medicine AST/ALT reports are not good so doctor suggested streptomycin injections and ethambutol 1200. Is treatment going on right direction or should we consult another pulmonologist?
I have a too much cough problem from last 10 days and at the morning time the some amount of blood is also come with the cough please give me proper and permanently cure from this disease refer me a best medicines.
My team mate has TB detected and I am seating near to her. Can I get infected from her and what are the symptoms of TB and how can I diagnosis that I have infected by TB.
I have cough and cold. No fever. Should I take antibiotics or should I stick to natural cure (Olive oil and honey)?
I always feel mucous is stuck under my nose passage, doesn't come out until I shake my head. All though I can breathe without issues. It just feel irritating and can't sleep at night due to this. Could this a sinus symptoms or swollen membrane with nose? Any suggestions to over this issue?
My daughter is 6 years. She is having bad cough and cold. Doc gave her zifi 100 and t manic syrup. But she is still having same. What to do?
I am 24 years old girl and since the last few days I feel short of breath when I am walking and talking simultaneously. Or also only when I am only talking over the phone. Anything serious about this condition? Earlier I did not face any such problem. Please help.
Please prescribed for increase immunity And relief from allergy. I have face so many problem like bad breath. Nose blocked due to sinuties.
The most common respiratory disorder, asthma, is an allergy. Allergy is when the body’s immune system recognizes something in the system as foreign (or antigen) and produces what are known as antibodies. These antibodies cause allergic symptoms ranging from skin skin rashes to breathing issues to even anaphylaxis.
People who have asthma dread the spring season when the air is full of pollen, and they have severe attacks. In simple terms, what happens during asthma is the air pipes narrow down, leading to symptoms of chest congestion, breathlessness, coughing, and wheezing.
Ayurvedic belief is that asthma is caused due to some triggers like stress, exercise, cold air, and excessive pollen. These increase the Kapha component or dosha, which leads to mucus formation in the air passages leading to narrowing of the airways. Some causes include:
- Weak lung tissues
- Damp environment
- Cold and/or stale food
- Increased ama (mucus) formation
Strange as it may sound, Ayurveda believes that impaired digestion causes asthma.
Management: Ayurvedic belief is that managing asthma requires effort aimed at various things including food changes, exercise, and airway management. Some of the significant tips are listed below.
- Increase consumption of honey and warm liquids like herbal teas
- Eat a lot of old cereals and whole grains (rice, barley, oats, green grams, etc.)
- Reduce dairy products as they are difficult to digest and hard on the stomach
- Avoid white flour, oily foods, sugary foods, cold-stored foods, processed foods, and fried foods. These again are hard on the stomach and not easily digested.
- Exercise should be done in moderation, as too much exercise can add to the shortness of breath and congestion
- Try various home remedies and repeat what works for you well. Black pepper powder in warm milk can help relieve the congestion.
- Ginger root can be powdered along with black pepper and stored as a powder. This can be mixed in warm water or milk and consumed 3 to 4 times a day
- Steam inhalation where cumin seeds can also be added to the water is found to be very beneficial.
- A concoction of guava leaves, black pepper, milk, and water can be boiled. This, when consumed for over 6 to 8 months, helps improve immunity.
- Neti therapy where the nasal passages are cleared of mucus is also a very effective way to improve breathing and keep the airways clear.
- Stress management either through meditation or mild exercise is very important, as asthma is known to worsen during periods of stress.
- Herbal oil massages also help improve circulation and nerve supply and therefore improve immunity.
Ayurveda believes these improve immunity and thereby control asthma. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!