Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padmaja
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. PadmajaYour feedback matters!
My sister in law give birth to a baby boy in January her periods not start yet and she got pain in tummy regularly she give birth to her baby by c section.
There are scores of myths about Homeopathy which are circulated to discredit this all natural and highly effective healing treatment. In this article we are going to dispel all the popular myths relating to homeopathy so that you can judge for yourself and grasp the science of homeopathy in a better way.
Myth #1: Homeopathy is just balls of sugar which comes with a placebo effect
This is an absolutely erroneous idea. Homeopathic medicines are not just sugar pills- they come in various forms like dilution, tablet, ointment, pellets, mother tincture etc. Homeopathy is becoming popular around the globe because it is gentle, non-toxic, and efficacious and a much cheaper alternative to allopathic medicine.
Myth #2: Allopathic medicines cannot be taken in combination with homeopathy
This is yet another popular misconception about homeopathy. As we know, allopathic medicines, when stopped altogether all of a sudden, can suddenly flare up the intensity of the symptoms. No competent homeopathy doctor would advise you to discontinue your allopathic medication abruptly. Generally, the dosage of the allopathic medicine is reduced till it is stopped when steady improvement sets in.
Myth #3: Intake of tea/coffee or onion and garlic is cut down in homeopathic treatment
Though this was a popular practice in homeopathy, no modern homeopathic doctor would restrict your consumption of beverages or onion/garlic. These substances will never interfere with the medicine as long as they are consumed in moderation while maintaining a time gap between these items and the medicine.
Myth #4: Homeopathic medicines take forever to bring in effects
The time required for the homeopathic medicine to act greatly depends on the disease itself. Acute diseases which build up quickly (such as headache, fever or common cold) can be very quickly treated with the right homeopathic medicine. However, chronic diseases such as asthma, arthritis, migraine, eczema, bronchitis etc., surely need some time to be completed cured.
Myth #5: Homeopathy works only in children
This is yet another common mistake most people make since homeopathy is known to work wonders for children and adults alike. When homeopathic medication is given to children or adults right at the onset of the symptoms, the disease is not only healed but the resistance of the child is also improved. Homeopathic medications would prevent the disease from becoming chronic.
Myth #6: Homeopathic is herbal or Ayurvedic medicine
Though Homeopathy makes use of microdoses of extracts from herbs and plants, it should never be confused with herbal or Ayurvedic medications. The science of homeopathy which had its origin in Germany is considerably different from the workings of other alternative medicines such as Ayurveda.
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouse of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties.
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are rich in gluten, like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our body. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: As per studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds are also very effective against breast cancer.
Flax seeds by no means are a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them to your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
A well moisturized and hydrated skin is a thumb rule for a healthy skin. Dry and flaky skin is not only discomforting and unpleasant to look but is also prone to many skin problems. Dry skin or xerosis dermatitis is more common among elderly. Dry skin can cause the skin to crack making it susceptible to infections. Constant scratching of dry skin due to itching is further harmful and can cause thickening and darkening of the skin. Extreme temperature especially winter with cold, dry and chilly winds can be harsh on the skin and disturb its pH level, thus causing skin problems.
One of the most common skin problems from dry skin is Eczema. Eczema, generally acquired in childhood is an inflammatory reaction of the skin causing the skin to become red and itchy followed by crusting and scaling. Treatment of eczema is usually a combination of creams and drugs. However, eczema does not go away that easily and its relapse rate remains quite high.
Exposure to sun for long hours can also lead to drying of the skin. Apart from this use of harsh soaps and chemical based products or prolonged use of cosmetics on the skin can inhibit the ability of skin to retain moisture.
Dry skin tends to age faster as it is prone to wrinkles. A wrinkled skin loses its charm and elasticity. The whole concept of anti ageing revolves around keeping the sun hydrated and moisturized.
Many skin problems can be prevented only by following a good skin care routine. Others may require a long-term medical treatment. Let’s look at some simple and useful ways to prevent and manage dry skin:
Water: Water is not only a natural cleanser for the skin but helps in maintaining an optimum moisture level of the skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Steam baths: A warm water bath or a steam bath can help relieve skin of dryness.
Oiling of the skin: People with dry skin benefit more from oiling than the use of regular moisturizers. Oiling creates a protective layer on the skin preventing it from drying for longer hours. Use of almond, olive or coconut oil is effective is treating dry skin problems.
Prolonged use of room heaters: Heaters snatch moisture from the surrounding environment including your skin leaving it dull and dry. Thus sitting in heated rooms for long can dehydrate skin and must be avoided as far as possible.
Water-rich fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables, especially, water-rich like watermelon, bottle gourd etc. can help replenish moisture. Eat plenty of those to fight dryness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hello doctor, my friend has been feeling pukish off late after consuming dairy products. Few days back she vomited throat night. She's got variable haemoglobin levels, has been having occasional pain on either side of breast. Sometimes at night she complains of chest pain. For your info she's a flight crew. Kindly advice, thank you.
Hi, i'm 24 male, I had sexual intercourse for first time with my wife who is 35 years old, she got blood while having sex first time due to hymen break but still she is getting blood discharge from last 2 days and little pain in her stomach and nearby area of her vagina. Is this normal? And if not then what can be done in this case? Please help.
Having itching outside and near vaginal opening and today also having burning sensation. Itching inside vagina also. I had unprotected sex 2 weeks back. No odour and no vaginal discharge coming. What it could be? And what medicine should I take?
Cricket is the most famous and close to the heart game for most of the people in India. Any injury to any player is a big hit to the entire team's performance. While cricket is a major sport in the country, sportspersons from other games too have begun to make a mark in the international arena. It is because of this, we have come to hear about sports injuries much more than ever before, with injuries to cricketers still heard most often.
What are the types of injuries related to Cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
- Hamstring strain
- Low back pain
- Side strain
- Shoulder pain
- Sprained ankle
How does Physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body. The muscular part is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- Education and advice - Tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- Movement and exercise - Aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- Manual therapy - A therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- Other techniques - These include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports-related injuries that can be effectively treated with physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.