Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PadmaYour feedback matters!
These symptoms made her incapable of carrying out her household duties as efficiently as she used to earlier.
Concerned with her pain & apparent symptoms severity, her husband took her to a general physician who prescribed a battery of tests including MRI Brain only to find no abnormality.
Attending Physician prescribed some multivitamin syrups & pain killer medicines & also tried to assure the family that NOTHING was wrong with Shruti.
However, she continued to complain of body aches and headaches, with resultant chaos on home management front compelling her husband to hire a maid to look after all the work including health of Shruti.
Shruti started feeling guilty about this & she started remaining aloof and also had trouble sleeping at night.
Frustrated with the added financial pressure and Shruti's ever increasing health complains, her husband accused her of faking it in order to avoid doing work.
Her in-laws added fuel to the fire citing it was all a drama. This further added to Shruti's sense of guilt and her appetite significantly reduced. 4 months after onset of these symtoms, Shruti lost 10kg weight.
She started remaining on the bed for hours and hardly interacted with anyone. She also started voicing ideas of ending her life in order to relieve everyone off her responsibility & enabling them to lead a happy life!
Now concerned, her parents took the matter in their hands & took her to a psychiatrist.
At the psychiatrist’s clinic, after detailed evaluation , Shruti was diagnosed to be suffering from depression (severe without psychotic symptoms) and the psychiatrist pointed out that the headaches & unexplained body aches were a the starting points of depression itself. She was started on medications and counselling therapy and within 2 months time she recovered completely & once again happily assumed her normal HOME MINISTERS ROLE!
Depression is one of the most common mental disorder and seen in every 4 out of 100 persons as per World health organization (WHO) data
When one thinks of depression; a sad, tearful face comes to mind. But depression is more than just that. unexplained headaches, body pains, sleeping difficulties are often the presenting complaints of depression. Other presentations of depression are chronic tiredness, joint pain,back pain, gastrointestinal problems including frequent acidity, indigestion, appetite changes etc. without any probable detectable physical cause
Depression contributes greatly to the disability caused by headache and backaches. More than 50% of patients with depression who visit general practitioners complain only of physical symptoms and in most cases, these symptoms include pain. If physicians test all pain patients for depression, they might discover 60% of currently undetected depression in their OPD.
Complete Recovery from an episode of depression is possible & achievable to everyone after proper treatment with medicines, counselling sessions & lifestyle modifications!
Next time while visiting your general Physician for any of aforementioned pain symptoms, do ask.....''AM I SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION? DO I NEED TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST? AM I RECEIVING ANY MEDICINE WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN ONLY UNDER SUPERVISION OF A PSYCHIATRIST??''
Remember, Mental Illnesses are TREATABLE!!
My boyfriend bit my nipples and pulled it. This was my first experience. Now my nipples are paining too much. What should I do.
Having fever since 25 to 30 Lost weight of 7 kgs Weakness and no hunger Doctor told GI infection even after using antibiotics no change.
I am having paget disease.From 2004 my doctor was giving me 35 mg per week Actonel(Osteoporosis) but my new doctor endocrinologist(New_younger one) has stopped, and informed me that actonel is not to be taken for longer time. What is your advise?
Hi Dr. I am 24year old. I want to ask that my baby born on 22nd January by cesarean delivery. Its around 2 mnth completed after 7 days. But my periods are continues yet. Please suggest me any advice. Is this any problem ?
I am a married person with a child of about a year old and my wife passed through surgery. Now I do not want that my wife become pregnant one more time at least for 5 to 6 years. Now I want to know is there any safe kind of solution to control pregnancy.
Hi On 15 July we have unprotected sex and in even my partner take I pill. But still her date not came. So what to do.
My one of best friend is pregnant since last 2 months but she is facing blooding problem daily. So is there any problem to baby during coming months? And What should she do to solve this problem?
The Tulsi plant or holy Tulsi has been an intrinsic part of Indian history. It runs so deep within the realm of our understanding and profession of Hinduism or of an overly eastern way of life, that you use it as a metaphor for sanctity. Most Hindu households, both rural and urban, worship this plant. The benefits of this herb have had the support of a huge mass of people who would not have settled for anything other than a scientific approval of their faith; the humor in this statement eludes most proving every bit of truth in it. Indeed, this healthy herb has been found to be helpful in more than a couple of ways and has thus, transcended the limits of domestic and cultural identities.
See for yourself how healthy is Tulsi:
- Fight off cancer with Tulsi leaves: Tulsi plant is widely sought after for its anti-carcinogenic properties. It is also known to counter bacteria and other viral infections. One may even use its leaves as an antibiotic. Regular consumption of its leaves on an empty stomach can rid you of recurrent problems like fever or cough and cold.
- Pamper your skin with a touch of health: Tulsi is known to detoxify and cleanse the human body. Most skin disorders arise due to underlying skin infections. These infections are usually the result of toxins. Applying a Tulsi pack or drinking herbal teas can therefore be effective.
- Say goodbye to crushing digestive problems: Tulsi can build up your immunity against common conditions like diarrhea or dysentery. People suffering from slow bowel movement have also gained from this herb. It propels good digestion.
- A big threat to mosquito borne diseases: Treatment of Malaria and dengue incurs thousands. Using Tulsi as a preventive herb can be of significant help. Tulsi is also known to cure hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- Bathe in Tulsi water to remedy rashes: Adding Tulsi leaves to your bathing water successfully deals with germs and bacteria. You can easily tackle itchy skin, rashes, and boils with this simple tip.
Hi, as I will be travelling on my expected period start(20 days from now), and there will be hectic week ahead, I want to delay it by a week. Pl suggest something having least side effect.
My sister just did the pregnancy test and its positive. She had 2 miscarriages almost 1 years back. Shes now having severe back pain like periods are about to come. She is worried and think of this as a sign of miscarriage. What should I advice her?
Im in my 33rd week of pregnancy. Vaginal discharge has increased in the 3rd trimester especially after I walk or exercise. Is this normal? Does vaginal discharge increase after activity? What kind of discharge is abnormal?
I have a unprotected gay sex and after 1 month and 3 month I tested for HIV and I got an negative result but am facing a small swollen lymph node and mouth sores that going and coming back what should be the reason for this do am in danger.
The lungs are made of pipes - starting from the nostrils all the way to the fine tubules in the lungs, through which the air we breathe passes through. The inhaled air also contains a lot of other particles - dust, pollen, virus, cigarette smoke, etc. Very often, the body is allergic to one or more of these particles, and the bronchi are constantly irritated and inflamed due to their sustained exposure. This causes allergic bronchitis which is identified by symptoms like chronic coughing, difficulty breathing, hoarseness, nasal congestion.
Ayurveda believes that the human body has 3 doshas or bio elements - vata, pitta, and kapha. Any disease is believed to be due to one of these being affected. Allergic bronchitis is believed to be an issue with vata.
- The most effective treatment for bronchitis is believed to be a glass of milk mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. This mixture is believed to be most effective when taken on an empty stomach and can be had 2 to 3 times a day.
- Equal portions of powders of dry ginger, long pepper, and black pepper can be mixed with honey to make a smooth paste. This can be had 2 to 3 times a day to see wonderful results.
- One-half teaspoon of licorice powder mixed in 1 cup of water can be boiled, cooled, and stored to be consumed through the day.
- A creeping plant known as somlata (Ephedra vulgaris) is found to be highly efficacious in relieving asthma. This grows in western Himalayas in abundance and is sent in hundreds of tonnes to western countries where ephedrine is prepared from it. The powder made from the whole plant, after drying in the shade and is given in the dosage of 100 to 250 milligrams, mixed with honey or water at the intervals of 8 to 4 hours.
- Kapha katari - Literally translates as phlegm cutter, this works immediately. The powder needs to be wrapped in betel leaf and chewed slowly. Continue with another 4 doses over the next 24 hours.
- Kanakasava - The extract of Datura is very effective in halting bronchitis but needs to be taken under medical supervision only. This is habit-forming and therefore, needs to be used cautiously.
In addition, follow these general considerations too:
- Avoid or minimize exposure to known allergens, cigarette smoke and pollution
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to help form a thin mucous
- Avoid dust in the bedroom, avoid feather pillows
- Regularly vacuum clean the house
- Do yoga, especially the breathing asanas which are very beneficial for bronchitis patients
Allergic bronchitis is a chronic condition, and acute attacks can be avoided by following some of the pointers mentioned above.
I am 30 year old lady suffering from pcos for the last 8 years. I have a kid of 5 years & now I am 8 weeks pregnant. I my 1st pregnancy also the embryo &heart beat were seen at 12 weeks, it was such a slow development. Now I have same problem. Urine tests r faint +ve and have 12 mm Endometrial thickness at 6 weeks, embryo is not seen yet. What type of food is good for embryo development. At present I am taking daily susten 300cap & 1 susten 100 injection per 3 days. I had many miscarriages in the past. What should I do ?i had the same problem with 1st pregnancy. What happen if I stop progesterone suddenly? Thanks a lot.
Why whitish nipple discharge occurs when nipples are squeezed and nipple skin became rough. Why this happens? What to do?
Hey how much time to get pregnant after stopping the oral contraceptive pills I already stopped 1 mnth back and now I am not pregnant yet.
Antioxidant-rich foods seem to have a protective effect for the skin. Consider these skin-friendly foods: carrots, apricots, and other yellow and orange fruits and vegetables, spinach and other green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, blueberries, beans, peas and lentils, salmon, mackerel and other fatty fish, nuts. On the flip side, some foods seem to be associated with skin damage. For example, some research suggests that a diet high in processed or refined carbohydrates and unhealthy fats promotes skin aging. Remember, many of the best foods for healthy skin also promote good health overall. Rather than focusing on specific foods for healthy skin, concentrate on a healthy diet in general. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Choose low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Include nuts, seeds and beans in your favorite meals. Opt for whole-grain breads and pasta. Limit sweets.