Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. Vidya Sagar
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. P. Vidya SagarYour feedback matters!
Myself arun from delhi 25 years ome. I am suffering from knee joint pain. I have taken all medicine but no result. Please help me.
I am having pain in both the legs and knee when I stand or walk from last 6 month. L took gemcal for 2 months and gemcal plus for additional 1 month but I didn't find much relief. Can I take calcirol sachet 60000 IU and gemcal. When and how should I take it.
Tennis elbow is a condition which is characterized by a sharp pain on the outer portion of the elbow. This condition is also called ‘lateral epicondylitis’ and it occurs when the muscles of the elbow are overused. The symptoms of pain tend to occur near the forearm when you bend your elbow or try to grip an object.
The elbow joint comprises of muscles which facilitate movement of the wrist, elbows and the fingers. There are tendons present in the elbow which join the muscles and bones, thus regulating the forearm muscles. When the muscles of the elbow are overused, then it can lead to inflammation and tears in the muscles.
This condition is so called as it is usually caused by playing certain sports, primarily tennis. It may also be caused by activities that put repetitive stress on the elbow. If the same pain occurs around the inner portion of the elbow, it is called a ‘golfer’s elbow’.
The best treatment method to prevent tennis elbow is to strengthen your elbow muscles. You need to follow a regulated strength and stretching program directed at strengthening the muscles of the body, including the elbows.
Here are some tips to prevent tennis elbow:
- Try to stay in good shape physically.
- Use proper technique when you are carrying out any activity that involves the elbow.
- Avoid overstressing the elbow joint with repetitive movements as it can cause injury to the tendon.
- The muscles of the shoulder, arm and the upper back should be strengthened to prevent tennis elbow.
- For movements that require you to twist your arm or grasp things, you can use a counter force brace to protect your elbow. This brace is worn on the forearm which redistributes pressure on the muscle. A counter force brace is recommended for people who are at an increased risk of tennis elbow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.