Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra NaathYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old having thyroid problem weighing 75 kg. Too much of efforts the weight is not reducing. Taking 112 mg electroxin tab. Please tell me how to boost metabolism, reduce hair fall, knee pain.?
Recently during a health check up my Sugar level were 250 (fasting) and 390 (PP). I had done a HbA1c test during sep 2014, their the reading was 5.6. Whats should I do ?
If a child is infected by diabetes type 1 is it possible that his mother had some problems during pregnancy because there is no family history of this disease. Please advise.
I am 24 old male. I have problem in my thyroid mean cough problem for many days what I should doing tell me?
I am 38 year old i'm a diabetic since 2 years, but i'm using amaryl mv1 from Jan 2016, now i'm well controlled ,FBS 108, Post lunch 139, I have 5 year old kid, can I go for other baby with my Wife, does it effect for my wife and conceived baby, few Doctors told me the count will be less, so chances are very less for my wife to get pregnant. Please suggest me.
I am 28 years old boy and having diabetes since almost for four years, now I am suffering from my private part problem as skin getting tighten and several times it is closure to blocked please tell me some tips to avoid this and become normal as soon as possible.
My fasting sugar is between 101 to110 and after b/f its 225 and a/f lunch its 172. Can you guide me about my diet? What should I eat or not? Thanks.
I am 45 years old male, My weight is 72 kg height is 5.6' suffering from diabetes range 250 I am taking metformin and, Glimepiride 1 mg per day per tablet Please suggest me my food plan.
Hi I am female and if I consume beer or vodhka twice in a month does it effect very badly to me. I have thyroid problem too and also overweight I am not ahlcolic but during parties I consume. So just want to know is very bad?
Living with diabetes can be tough, the manifestation of the condition can significantly disrupt the normal routine. If you are looking at treatment options for diabetes, then know that Ayurveda can be of help, not just in managing the condition but by effectively curing it.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder where the body is unable to make the right usage of glucose because of insufficient production of insulin resulting in a high level of sugar in the blood. According to Ayurveda, diabetes is a disease in which a large quantity of turbid urine is frequently passed and can be cured using panchakarma therapy technique.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes - 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta, and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
The Panchakarma Therapies for Diabetes
Ayurveda attempts to identify the symptoms appropriately and then takes to prevent the disease from progressing further. The treatment procedures in Ayurveda involves the use of herbal medicines, modifications in the diet, changes in the lifestyle to a healthy one and exercise that includes yoga and pranayama. Another most crucial step is the known as the Panchakarma, a procedure to purify the body.
1. Herbal Medicines: Ayurveda uses a number of herbal medicines like madhunashini, bilva, haridra, jambhulbeej, shilajit, kutaj, shuddha guggul, tulshi andaamlaki for effectively keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control so that it does not rise further thereby preventing diabetes from worsening.
2. Panchakarma: Panchakarma is the primary purification, and the detoxification treatment carried out by Ayurveda for the cure of diabetes. The procedures used in panchakarma are, abhyanga swedan, basti, and vierchena. The diabetic patients can be highly benefitted by relaxing effects from the abhyanga therapy. It involves massage using pre-medicated herbal oils. It also helps in the reduction of stress and muscles at the same time which results in a sense of well - being. Swedan is an herbal steam bath that opens the pores for flushing out the toxins and cleansing the body through the excreted sweat by the skin.
Basti involves the cleansing of the body through the rectum by the introduction of certain medicinal oils through the anal region under the supervision of an expert. Vierchena is a specially medicated purification therapy which helps in the removal of the toxins from the body of the affected individual that are accumulated in the gallbladder and the liver.
Thus, panchakarma is extremely useful in the maintenance of the proper level of sugar in the blood and at the same time play a crucial role in the prevention of further complications of the disease.
Ayurvedic Tips for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had a problem of sudden low sugar reaction for last couple of years .my hba1c is 5.3.Fasting 112 & pp 127. My other hormonal tests are fine. I am not taking any sugar medicine but has family history of diabetes. Why this happens to me? What can I do pls help.
Sir I am diabetic from 2 years. Using metformin 500 mg tab 1 per a day. My sugar levels fbs126 plbs 203. Hba1c8%.I have no symptoms. Is there any permanent cure for my diabetes. Advise me.
Regarding sugar complaint, before food 250 after food 360 kindly give a suggestion to control without tab thanks
I am male (44 years old). Did my routine blood test. Some of the readings are not good for e. G. Uric acid: 8.9 (3.5 to 7.2) SGPT = 60 (<50) TSH = 10.5 (. 55 ~ 4.78) Vit B12 = 185 (211 ~ 911) Vit D = 14.69 (30 ~ 100) HBA1C = 5.8 I am planning to add following in my routine: - 1. Sunlight exposure 15 to 20 mints a day 2. Cod liver oil 3. Physillium husk lemon in water before lunch 4. Oats meal in breakfast Please advise what more can I do to improve my readings.
In Dec 2012 am walking normally suddenly something happen in my brain I feel that am not existing in the world after that feeling of fear, anxiety lot of negative thoughts even to hurt myself then I check to some psychiatrist he give me medicine and that's I carry in regularly. Lot of things get improve n in me now intensity of negative thoughts is very low but my confidence and thinking power is very less now. Always confused am on medication now which I listed below Divaa od 250 Zicam 0.25 sulphate 50.
Hi I'm 28 years suffering from type1 diabetes since 21 years, thyroid since 5 years my sugar levels are under control fbs. 70, TSH 4.75 on insugen and thyronorm 50 mcg can I continue same medicine n dose for thyroid.
The human body works as directed by the various hormones released by the endocrine system. These hormones are essential for coordination of various body functions. From the height a person achieves to the metabolic reactions in the body to the reproductive cycle to the stress levels a person can handle, all are hormone controlled.
Pregnancy is another critical, complicated phase that a woman goes through. It is one of the most awaited phases in a woman’s life; however, it is not very simple either. The above-noted hormones play a major role in this pregnancy, as the baby is dependent on the mother for its initial supply of hormones until it can start producing its own hormones. If the baby does not receive the require amounts, there could be various detrimental effects during development and post birth.
Hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid is extremely common in women and there are multiple theories about how hypothyroidism can affect a woman’s chances of getting pregnant. While the correlation between hypothyroidism and pregnancy are quite well researched, a strong connection stating hypothyroid women being not able to be pregnant is yet to be proven.
The following are some correlations between hypothyroidism and pregnancy.
Increased chance of miscarriage: Women with reduced thyroid functions have double the chances of having a miscarriage. Women suffering from thyroid are at a risk of recurrent miscarriages during the first trimester. The chances of miscarriages during the second trimester are also about 40% higher in hypothyroid women. These women are also at a risk of:
- Premature labour
- Low birth weight
- Increased chances of stillbirth
- Maternal anemia
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Developmental defects and/or delays in the newborn
- Placental abruption
- High blood pressure
One of the reasons identified for infertility in women is hypothyroidism. This range varies from 1% to 40% and so remains to be proven still. In addition, the hypothyroid mother will have a set of symptoms to live through, which may be further complicated given the pregnancy. Thyroid replacement should be religiously done and monitored to ensure TSH levels are at the optimal required levels (2.5 to 3 mIU/L) during the entire duration of pregnancy.
If you have the following, be sure to go through a comprehensive thyroid screening before and during pregnancy.
- Family history of thyroid
- History of thyroid dysfunction or goitre or thyroid antibodies
- Clinical signs and symptoms suggestive of hypothyroidism
- History of repeated miscarriages
- History of head and neck radiation
- Family/personal history of autoimmune disorders
While it still remains to be proven that hypothyroidism per se can stop a woman from being pregnant, there are definitely effects of hypothyroidism on the developing child and the mother. A comprehensive screening and close monitoring through pregnancy are extremely essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.