Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Narayana Murthy GYour feedback matters!
The following changes to your lifestyle and environment can also help you combat sleep problems:
Turn off the tv. In some people, nighttime light can hinder melatonin and create 'social jetlag,' which mimics symptoms of having traveled several time zones. To keep your sleep surroundings as dark as possible, Ahmed recommends moving the tv out of your bedroom and using a dvr or tivo to record favorite late-night shows for later viewing.
Put other appliances to bed, too. If you want a good, restful sleep, turn your appliances away from your bed. Or better yet, turn them off altogether. If you must use bedroom electronics, choose those illuminated with red light, which is better for sleep than blue light.
Give it up. If you don't fall asleep within 30 minutes, sleep specialists recommend you get up and leave your bedroom or read. Then return to your bed to sleep when you feel tired again.
Exercise early. It's no secret that exercise improves sleep and overall health. But a study published in the journal sleep shows that the amount of exercise and time of day it is done makes a difference. Researchers found that women who exercised at a moderate intensity for at least 30 minutes each morning, 7 days a week, had less trouble sleeping than women who exercised less or later in the day. Morning exercise seems to affect body rhythms that affect sleep quality.
One of the reasons for this interplay between exercise and sleep may be body temperature. Your body temp rises during exercise and takes up to 6 hours to drop back down to normal. Because cooler body temperatures are linked to better sleep, it's important to give your body time to cool off before bed.
Keep your slumber surroundings tranquil. Your bedroom should feel like a sanctuary. Piles of clothes were thrown on your bed, stacks of bills staring at you, or other random clutter will hamper you emotionally and may lead to sleep problems. A tranquil and organized space will help you feel more relaxed. To create the perfect sleep environment, try the following:
- Wear pajamas to bed. This can be your birthday suit, but it signals your mind that it's bedtime.
- Don't let your bedroom get too hot or too cold. Sleep can be disrupted at temperatures below 54 f or above 72 f.
- Make your room dark. Consider installing room-darkening shades. Or wear eye covers to block light from the street or led displays.
- Buy a good mattress. You spend 1/3 of your life in your bed, so it's worth the investment.
- Use a pillow that supports your head and neck. Give the pillow the bend test: if you bend it in half and it stays in position, it's too floppy.
- To filter unwanted sounds, use a white noise machine. Your brain still hears things when you sleep.
- Sleep on breathable linens. They will reduce sweat, body odor, and skin irritation, all of which can disrupt sleep.
Natural sleep remedies can do wonders for the occasional bout of poor sleep. They shouldn't be used for chronic sleep problems, though, if you have insomnia that lasts for a few weeks or more, talk to your doctor.
If a patient has fever with rigors and vomiting also which drugs should be used to check vomiting along with chloroquine phosphate? Can ondansetron be used in combination with chloroquine phosphate ?
I am 19 year old and I am have a problem of headache everyday when I wake up I have a serious headache I had tried home remedies but had no effect what should I do.
I have full body pain, headache and back pain. Since last one week so please give me free advise to treat my body pain.
I have premature ejaculation problem. I am really confused of having small pines. I am going to married want to take sex fitness test.
I'm facing constipation problem after my delivery. What should I do for that? And what is the reason behind this?
I am 25 yr male, suffering from cold&cough last 3 days, last night cough is very high I didn't sleep. I took benadryl cough syrup today, is it enough for me.
Foreskin is attached to my penis tip and it becomes bubbles when I go for piss? How to remove foreskin from tip of the penis naturally? I am 21 year old.
My mother is 80 years old suffering from stomach bloating and upper ribcage pain even after drinking water. Taking antibiotics prescribed by doctor for last 10 days with no relief. Kindly advice.
Hi sir, I am 34, male. What are food I should avoid to stay healthy. Also please recommend some very good multi vitamin tablets to get strong body ?
I am a 29 year old.I fell burning inside my stomach all the time since i get up.I do not feel hungry even if i have had no breakfast or lunch.I feel hungry only 1 time in 24 hrs at night.Also in the morning i go to the washroom twice with a gap of 1 to 2 hours. Pls help
I have some disorder in digestion. It started 3 months before. Whatever I eat I can not digest properly. Kindly help me out.
Psoriasis is a condition in which rapidly multiplying skin cells cause the area affected to become rough, scaly and itchy. The affected area becomes red and sometimes painful and while the disease can’t be cured, it can be managed by limiting the rapidly multiplying cells. The immune system is thought to be compromised in psoriasis which leads to Infection by opportunistic bacteria such as streptococcus.
Till very recently, psoriasis was thought to be idiopathic, but studies show emotional imbalance or triggers such as cold and infections might lead to activating an inherently present gene. Even though it is usually limited to the skin, it can affect the joints and nails too. This autoimmune disorder occurs in patches where the scaly formation might become irksome, especially if it is in uncommon areas such as the mouth and genitalia. Psoriasis is also thought to be a result of alcoholism or medication such as lithium which is used to treat epilepsy or bipolar disorder.
Common homeopathic remedies
When treating psoriasis, homeopathy is a trove of invaluable resources and treatment options. Medication is customised for the patient after taking into account their personal medical history.
Homeopathy acts by trying to manage the root cause of psoriasis which is an immunocompromised state of being. The added advantage of homeopathy in treatment is the lack of side effects.
Here are some of the most feasible treatments for treating psoriasis with homeopathy:
- Kalium Bromatum: It is the first line of treatment in a lot of cases of psoriasis, especially when the red patches are covered with silver scales. It is also used in syphilitic psoriasis.
- Kalium Arsenicosum: It is an effective treatment for psoriasis that develops on the back and the arms.
- Sulphur: It is best suited for skinny people or those who tend to be forgetful.
- Calendula: It helps soothe and provide temporary pain relief for affected areas, especially if they are inflamed, but it doesn’t address the underlying cause of the disease and hence doesn’t treat it.
- Kalium Sulphuricum: It is best used for papular psoriasis, especially when sebaceous secretions are also involved.
- Arsenic Album: It is used for cases of psoriasis which improve on the application of warmth on the affected areas.