Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Namratha SridharYour feedback matters!
I am 64 years old and having knee pain for the last six months using pain killer ointments What should I do.
Hi. I' m suffering from right hand pain from the neck n it extends to lower back on right side. When stress is there the pain is giving the hard time. The physiotherapy made pain. Worst. What I have to do
Dear sir I have knee pain from last two months in right leg. Suppose the decrease of fluid difference between bones. Which food to take the improvement for fluid.
Sir, when I am playing bad mention I was fallen and my left knee ACL was torn, by scanning it was known. Can it be cured without surgery.
Hv knee pain frm past a year but now a days increased n the pain increases while bending. Even moving on stairs is painful. Please help.
My age 47. My weight 78. My left knee feeling pain when climbing stare case for last 5 months. What is the medicine
I am 35 years old & really tired with joints problem in my right knees. Tried 2 to 3 doctors. Ple suggest me any yoga exercise.
I have pain in my knees when I put it on hard surface. The pain actually penetrate I n a particular point. Kindly suggest.
I am having knee pain my age is 45 years from last 4-5 months. I have tried various medicine but the pain is as it is. May I get the the cure for my knees pain?
Psoriasis is a chronic disease. It develops when a person’s immune system sends faulty signals that tell skin cells to grow too quickly. New skin cells form in days rather than weeks.
The body does not shed these excess skin cells. The skin cells pile up on the surface of the skin, causing patches of psoriasis to appear. Psoriasis may look contagious, but it's not.
You cannot get psoriasis from touching someone who has it. To get psoriasis, a person must inherit the genes that cause it.
Types of psoriasis
If you have psoriasis, you will have one or more of these types:
- Plaque (also called psoriasis vulgaris).
- Inverse (also called flexural psoriasis or intertriginous psoriasis).
- Erythrodermic (also called exfoliative psoriasis).
Some people get more than one type. Sometimes a person gets one type of psoriasis, and then the type of psoriasis changes.
Its treatment depends on chronicity,severity,types,also patient's age,lifestyle also play an important role in its treatment.For appointments call 9004839333 to visit our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra.
I had Gout problem in past. Is it fine to consume BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acid) supplements? Will it create more harm than good? Should I consult a doctor before adding it to my daily routine?
I am suffering from knee pains since a long time. Is knee replacement surgery safe and good. Can I walk as previous after surgery my age 52 male.
I meet with accident last 4 months back, leg ligament was damaged, now the problem is if I walk continuously walk would be different and if I climb steps the pain will come. I am not able to do kick start on bike. Please suggest the best solution and I need to do any exercises.
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.