Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nagarjuna KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I am 36 male, have a doubt that I had gastric trouble because some times I am getting gas in the nights and over nights also in the early mornings. So please suggest me the medicine or any diet?
I am 29 year old and I have pain in my back legs when I worked hard from legs like play or run it feels pain in nerve most. Please suggest me what should I do. I also have the havey gastric pain.
I have a problem in gas. Everything what I eat becomes sour and my mouth also becomes sour. I cant eat so much. Anything I eat becomes sour and a pain arise in throat from chest. I went to vellore CMC. But nothing changed.
What I do iam having gastric trouble please help me And digestion problem and also having head attack please help me.
Dear Doctor, i am suffering from 1 and half years different types of problems 1. Every 1 or 2 month suffering from aphthosis (like black big spot) 2. My vagina is itching any smelling so much with wet 3. Also i am suffering with gas problem so can you suggest me what should i i has also check up and take lots of medicine.
Hello Dr, i am 24 yrs old and my weight is 58 kg's. I am suffering from PCOD problem from 2008 i took 3 yrs medication for that but it doesn't solved yet. I got gastric problem because of high usage of drugs. From last 2 yrs i am getting some symptoms like nervousness, lots of hungry, high thirst, sleepless, highly feet burning and my body is dehydrating continues. I just went for TSH test and for sugar test. And i got my TSH level as 3.65. And my sugar report as with empty stomach 73 and after full fledged meal its 99. Please help me to get rid out of my health issues. I just want to go with a healthy diet and exercises. So please tell me how should i cure from this with healthy habits and with out medications. Thanks in advance
I feel totally lazy and tired due to my flat stomach. So please suggest me how can I get ripped stomach and help me how to improve my digestion.
I have too much acidity and gas problem . I have problem of back pain and stomach pain. My brain is not feeling relax I have no any tension. But I feel upset . My whole body was totally tired without any work . I have problem of breathing. Tell me what can I do.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.