Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Mohammed SaleemYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my uric acid level is 8.9 I do not have any kind of problem as of now. Still Should I have to take medicines. Please advice.
I am 27 years old male, and I am diabetic from past 2 years and I am married. Recently I am facing a strange problem, One month ago I started sensing some itchiness on my penis and a white colored layer forming at my penis head even after regular cleaning. As we are planning for children me and my spouse we both went to a gynecologist Dr. for knowing best dates to conceive , as I have notified about my problem she prescribed me to use " CANDIFORCE 200 " since than I am using medications regularly but not cured and from 20 days my force skin circumference reduced and it became very problematic to drag my force skin to fro. Because of this I am unable to mate with my partner. Please let me know why my force skin on penis has become problematic. My sugar levels are normal in range.
I have pcos and high prolactin levels and also thyroid. Which exercises and treatment should I follow?
My weight is 55 kg and I have a diabetes and I want to gain weight by doing gym. Is it safe in diabetes to do gym. And gain weight.
Sir, I am dibetics advised to take glim er1 empty stomach, glyciphase 1gm after lunch and 500mg echospirin 75 after dinner are these medicines are having side effects as I am getting itching and small acne in heads and arms pls. Help remedy and opine.
Whether brown sugar can be taken by diabetic patients as a sweetener & what are the side effects of sugar free drops available in market.?
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.
HI I am 30 years male. I have pain in my right arm n leg from last one year. Sometimes its low bt sometimes its very high like night and evening time. I take medicines from many local doctor's and also Neurologist Dr. from CMC ludhiana bt not much better results from all that. My Blood, uric acid, sugar and nervous system tata are normal. Can you please tell me what is my exact problem? I am doing a pc job. Its a sitting job is this also a reason?
I am diabetic patient since 10 years . Before food 130 mg After food 265 mg Medcine GLIMMY 1 MORNING, NIGHT
Thyroid is one among the many glands in the endocrine system, whose secreted hormones regulate and maintain various metabolic activities. Thyroid problem, in generic terms, refers to a situation where there is an abnormal secretion of the thyroid hormone. The secretion can either be abundant, causing what is known as hyperthyroidism, or insufficient which, in turn is known as hypothyroidism. Both of these conditions are detrimental to health affecting not only your body weight but also the growth of bones and hair. Though different branches of medicines are constantly dabbling with this problem, Homeopathy is the most preferred choice.
Some of the reasons for it are:
- Treats severe sweating, problems in menstruation and constipation: One of the most important advantages of Homeopathy medicines is that each one of them is equipped to treat a host of ailments. The condition, hypothyroidism is symptomatic of excessive sweating on the head, constipation and problems in menstruating in women. All of these can be cured by the intake of Calcarea Carbonica.
- Cures paleness of skin, tendencies of fainting and hair fall: This is another characteristic of hypothyroidism, wherein you suffer from pale, yellow skin and are unable to bear extreme cold temperatures due to the lack of vitality and body heat.  At the same time, women in their menopause tend to suffer from excessive hair fall. In all of these situations, a Homeopathic medicine called Sepia Officinalis is extremely beneficial in curbing these.
- Does not create overt reliance on medicines: Hyperthyroidism is a condition that is marked by nervousness and anxiety. Though allopathic medicines have always been preferred to others, it must also been considered that in their attempt to cure, they end up creating an overt reliance of medicines in the patients.
- Suits everybody: The primary reason for preferring Homeopathy to others is their complete lack of any side-effect. Both allopathy and ayurveda may or may not work on certain individuals. However, that is not the case for Homeopathy as it does not adopt any artificial means to cure thyroid problems, rather uses natural means to regulate the secretion of the thyroid gland.
Best Ways to Balance Hormones Naturally:
- Eat Healthy Fats (Including Coconut Oil and Avocados)
- Supplement with Adaptogen Herbs
- Balance Your Intake of Omega-3 to Omega-6 Fats
- Improve Gut Health & Heal Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Eliminate Toxic Kitchen, Beauty and Body Care Products
- Exercise (Especially Interval Training)
- Reduce Stress & Get More Sleep
- Watch Your Caffeine & Alcohol Intake
- Back Off Birth Control Pills
- Supplement with Vitamin D3
The term infertility in females explains a wide range of disorders but in order to simplify things, lets’ just say, infertility in women is a condition in which women are unable to conceive. There are numerous reasons that can be responsible for this situation and although some are preventable or curable, most others have no specific cure or treatment.
One of the most common reasons for infertility is an ovulatory disorder. Almost 30 percent of female infertility is caused due to this reason. 70 percent of such infertility is treatable with drugs such as Reprones/Menogan and Clomiphene. Here is a list of causes of failed ovulation-
Disruption in the complex hormonal balance.
Ovaries fail to produce mature eggs. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common disorder causing this problem. This syndrome has reduced FSH production and increased production of LH, Oestrogen and Testosterone. Suppressed FSH production may cause the partial development of ovarian follicles.
Hypothalamus may malfunction thereby causing the pituitary to malfunction, thus losing control over the process or FSH and LH production.
Physical damage to the ovaries by multiple surgeries or due to the formation of cysts.
A rare case of premature menopause.
Problems of the follicle.
Poor functioning of fallopian tubes
Diseases or disorders in the tube have been another major reason of infertility in women. Almost 25 percent of women infertility occurs due to this reason. Although treatments exist, success rates of the treatments are as high as 30 percent. The causes of tube damage may be as follows-
Infection caused by bacteria or viruses
Abdominal diseases like colitis and appendicitis
Previous pelvic or abdominal surgeries.
A condition called ectopic pregnancy which occurs in the tube, and even if very carefully but successfully overcome, may leave permanent damage.
Rare congenital defects in which women may be born with tube anomalies.
This is the condition where the endometrium expands excessively thereby preventing individuals from getting pregnant. This affects almost 10 percent of the population of infertile women. Almost 40 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile.
Other additional factors may include:
Behavioural factors like personal habits, lifestyle and health factors.
Exercise and diet- extremely overweight or underweight women may have problems in conceiving.
Cigarette smoking reduces the chances of conceiving by one-third.
Alcohol increases the chances of birth defects.
Hence, pregnancy is tougher than it might really seem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.