Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mody
Submit a review for Dr. ModyYour feedback matters!
I do morning walk regularly for reducing my weight. So, I just want to know that "is it good for me that drinking warm honey lemon water before going to morning walk helps me to reduce my weight"
I want to loose 20 kg now i m present 75 kg if i ate one egg a day in how day it will take to reduce 20 kg
I am facing a problem of fatness for which I cannot mostly run, to do more work. So please advise in this respect.
I am going to school and my weight is increasing day by day according to my age. What can I do for it?
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? (I'm 5'6" and weigh more than 220 pounds.)
During my college days I am very very slim but nowadays it developed some belly fat what I have to do with it I tried many home remedies I don't want to follow up exercises because it does not suits to me so what have to do with this. I do exercise few days and then I forgot to do in excise I feel very tired to my body so I quit excise. My height is 153 centimetre and my weight is 58 kg I sleep at 12 a.m. And wake up at 9 A.M. My breakfast at 11 a.m lunch at 2: 30 p.m. And dinner at 9: 30 P.M. I want to reduce my belly fat in a month. please suggest me ideas to reduce the fat. My friends and family members are kidding at me. please provide me a complete schedule for every day that is when I have to wake up, when I have to eat, what I have to eat. What I have to follow and what I have not to follow to reduce belly fat IN A month and be slim and fit always.
Types of Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes – This is a chronic condition where the pancreas produces very little or almost no insulin.
- Type 2 Diabetes – This chronic condition affects the way in which the body processes the sugar present in the body.
- Prediabetes – This is a condition where the level of sugar in the blood is high, but not high enough to be causing type 2 diabetes.
- Gestational Diabetes – As the name indicates, this is the condition of a high level of sugar in the blood that affects only the pregnant women.
How are diabetes and weight loss interconnected?
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, and some forms of diabetes are associated with sudden loss of weight. The unexplained and sudden loss of weight is a warning sign or a symptom of the onset of diabetes. There are a number of mechanisms behind this weight loss which is as discussed below.
- High blood sugar: Both type 1 and type 2 diabetes can involve dramatic loss of weight over a number of days at the onset of the particular disease, but the situation is more common in the case of type 1 diabetes. The insufficient amount of insulin in the body prevents the cells of the body from getting the required amount of glucose from the blood to use as energy. In this situation, the body starts burning the fats to fulfill in energy requirements which result in a sudden loss of body weight.
- Dehydration: In diabetes, frequent urination is a common symptom which makes the body lose all its fluid, but the intake of fluid is not enough to prevent this loss. Hence, the body is dehydrated, and kidneys tend to work harder for the filtration of the excess glucose in the body. Now this increased glucose present in the urine draws the required fluid from the tissues and thus making you lose a significant number of calories during urination. Hence the body loses weight.
- Breakdown of muscles: If diabetes is not controlled properly, losing weight by wasting of the muscles is extremely common. Due to the deficiency of insulin, the synthesis of muscles in the body is decreased, and at the same time, the breakdown of muscles is increased. This results in the loss of body weight to a significant amount.
Thus, it is understood that the different types of diabetes and unexplained loss of weight with no significant cause are connected with each other. Weight loss, being a prevalent symptom during the onset of the condition, is a key symptom in diagnosis for diabetes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!