Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Mahipal ReddyYour feedback matters!
I have leg pain if I stand for 1 hour also it is like something running through the leg please provide a suggestion.
How to remove or avoid formation of some hard material near leg fingers or under foot. It really pains much when we walk on floor.
I am pavan and 26 years old I am getting severe foot pain and I did not know the problem and the pain is with severe cramps and twisting like feeling is coming and some times it is very high level and I feel my legs are becoming very light that it is lifting in air soo please suggest me the best solution and this is happening from last year when I met with accident at that time for my knee a small air line fracture will occur and my ligament also damaged but doctors told ligament will small teared so no. Need of orthoscopy so I to take it as alite so this will cause any effect but this is for my right leg but this condition is for my both legs.
I am 31 yrs old guy. I regularly do workouts but every now and then my lower back pains. Is this due to exercise I do?
I am 13 days post op from a left tkr and am having trouble sitting due to a pain in my thigh, above the drain wound and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Would love to hear from others about their experience during recovery x.
Dear mam or sir I recently suffered from acl tear and I had a surgery about 1 month back but still I can not bend my knees fully and still pain persists please suggest me some exercises or any thing else thank you.
She has undergone c section 2 yrS back, she should have recovered by now but still she has back pain and body pains, she had given high dosage of anesthesia. Please let me know how can she outcome that problem.
I am a 20 year old female and I had been having pain in my knees and lower leg for months now. The pain comes and goes, and sometimes it is strong enough to affect my daily life. I drink adequate amount of water and I also started taking calcium supplements since 3-4 months now. I also walk at least 2-3 miles every day. Massaging eases the pain only for a very short time. Please suggest me something.
I am suffering from back ache from 2 weeks. My back pains variably .badly. How do I get rid of my back pain. Please consult me any medical treatment. Thank you.
Iam female 42 yrd old iam suffering with bone pains, periods coming regular with less bleed, knees pain even I climb four steps also, now from one week tendays iam suffer ing with itching on body full body its very irritating.
I am 21 year old IT working men. I have back pain now days. In my office chair. Please give the good solution doctor. Thank you.
My mom has foot pain where she can not even walk properly we took an appointment and have done several test but no one suggested for an x-ray should I take an x-ray all t detect the reason for pain Thank you.
Have you undergone cartilage damage recently and are seeking ideal treatment measures? Cartilage damage is a common form of injury that involves your knees. Other joints such as the ankles, elbows and hips may also be affected by cartilage damage. Cartilage, the tough and flexible tissues covering the surface of your joints, acts as a shock absorber, allowing the bones to slide over each other. Cartilage damage may occur because of injuries such as a gradual wear, sports injuries and osteoarthritis. While acute cartilage damage may heal on its own, severe damage may need treatment via surgical measures.
- Physiotherapy is effective when you experience difficulty in moving your affected joint.
- It is also an important part of recovery if you have to undergo surgical procedures for treating cartilage damage.
- A physiotherapist will teach you certain exercises that are effective for strengthening the muscles that surround and support your affected joint.
- This helps in reducing pain and pressure on the joint.
- Severe and serious cartilage damage does not heal effectively on its own, and a surgery may be required for treatment.
- Usually, surgery is performed by using Arthroscopy. This is a form of keyhole surgery in which certain instruments are inserted into your affected joint via incisions or small cuts.
- In some cases, larger incisions have to be made.
- Such surgeries are carried out after giving general anesthesia to the patient.
The most common surgeries that are undertaken in cases of cartilage damage include the following:
Lavage and debridement
- In this form of surgery, your joint is cleaned for the removal of any loose tissues.
- The damaged edges are trimmed to be made smooth. Sometimes, the damage may also be repaired during the same time.
- In this procedure, tiny holes are made on the bone beneath your damaged cartilage that releases the bone marrow in it.
- The marrow cells stimulate the production of new cartilage.
- In this procedure, small plugs of healthy cartilage from areas of a joint that are non-weight bearing are removed and used for replacing areas of the affected cartilage.
- This procedure involves the alteration of the alignment of your leg for reducing pressure on the damaged area.
- It is effective in improving pain.
- A wedge of bone may be removed or added from your thigh bone or shin bone.
- The bone gets fixed with a plate till it gets healed.
In some cases, a joint replacement surgery has to be carried out. In this procedure, the entire affected joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint. Hip replacement and knee replacement are common examples of this kind of surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.