Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
I am suffering from body pains last 10 days. Could you please tell me what are the reasons for causing body pains. How can I reduce please suggest me with some simple tips thanks in advance.
I am 17 years old girl. From 1 week I am suffering with head ache. I don't want to go to hospital. So please give me suggestions.
Common cold can be defined as a viral infection affecting one’s upper respiratory tract (throat and nose) characterized by mild fever, sneezing, body aches and headaches, congestion, cough, sore throat, runny nose and a general feeling of being unwell. It takes around 10 days to recover completely from the sickness. Although there is no treatment as such for common cold, however, few remedies might ease the symptoms.
Stay Hydrated: Lemon and honey mixed with lukewarm water, in addition to clear chicken broth, works therapeutically on congestion or dehydration. However, refrain from caffeinated sodas, coffee and alcohol; beverages that can aggravate dehydration.
Rest: Your body requires time to heal. Therefore, sufficient rest should be the utmost priority.
Soothe your Sore Throat: A saltwater gargle early in the morning can bring great relief for your throat. Hard candy, lozenges and sore throat sprays can be used as alternatives if you cannot gargle properly.
Sip on Something Warm: Nothing feels better than a hot clear chicken soup when you are down with fever. It works wonderfully on the sore throat. Other warm beverages such as tea or a cup of warm clove juice helps to improve nose and throat congestion by easing the mucous flow.
Take Medications: Pain relievers, antihistamines (drugs to treat allergies) and decongestants might contribute to some relief. Nevertheless, these over-the-counter medicines cannot prevent or cure cold entirely.
What not to consider as remedies?
Antibiotics: Antibiotics help fight bacterial infections and are hence, not as effective against viral infections, the main contributor towards common cold.
Cold medications for children below 6: Over-the-counter drugs may have life-threatening consequences for children below the age of 6. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I was not able to walk properly due to sciatic pain can you please suggest me some physical exercises.
Doctor I'm suffering from fungal reaction to my skin. It's spread over large area near to my penis. How can I recover from it.
I am having unilateral headache right side. And retro orbital pain. I have taken paracetamol but no effect occurred. Please help me.
I masturbate in the morning and in the evening I had sex with my girlfriend. But I did not cum inside her vagina I pull it out. Would she be pregnant because of pre-cum?
I M suffering from constipation since lasy week. It's so hurtful. What should I do please help me out.
Wat shud be done to painful varicose veins ? wearing a stocking the whole time is not practical for me!
home remedies for fungal infections
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas