Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahender
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MahenderYour feedback matters!
I am very much attracted to have sex. I am 23. I am feeling my dick hard. That's y I do masturbation. I am doing it daily. Is it good or bad. And how it affects my future sex life. If It is bad how to control.
I sleep quite often sometimes more than 12 hours a day even during working hours and that causes lot of problem the sec I try to concentrate I fall sleepy. What should I do?
My son is 3 and half years old. His penis doesn't open so he usually keeps on touching it. I have suspicion regarding possible infection. What should I do?
I am 21 year and male. During last two years I feel pain in my left scrotum. In usg nothing was founded. I'm very tensed about my problem help me.
Hi, I am 63 years old. My sugar counts to 343. BP 200/95. What is your suggestions since I don't want to take medicine. Only diet control treatment chart needed. Please help me. - S Sen Sarma.
I am suffering from ED. It started all on sudden 7 years back. Absolutely no stimulation at all. No semen. No sugar no BP. I curious about the reason for this. How can it happen. I am now 67.
Respected sir/Ma'am Please explain that what is doughnut effect of penis and what are its treatment. Also tell what treatment is required if a person is having curved penis. Please help me in this regard. Thank you.
Hello sir I am 25 year old man. I I am suffering from nightfall which occasionally happen 2or 3 in a month .is it serious or normal some times I feels weakness also.
I am not able to eat sweet things please help me I am suffering from diabetes. Any permanent treatment is welcome. Please help me.
The ear has three parts – outer, middle, and inner – through which sounds waves pass through. On reaching the inner ear, the sound waves are transmitted through a fluid medium which is carried through to the brain to produce “sound.” Hearing loss can be due to problems anywhere in this circuit – from the outer ear to nerve issues in the middle ear.
There are two main types of hearing loss
Conductive hearing loss, where problems in the outer or middle ear cause problem conducting sound waves into the inner ear
Sensorineural hearing loss, where there is a problem in the nervous portion of the hearing process
Conductive hearing loss occurs due to poor conduction of sound waves to the middle ear, where it is processed to perceive the sound. Conductive hearing loss can happen due to the following reasons:
- Wax: Excessive wax accumulated in the outer ear can prevent passage of sound into the middle ear
- Infection: The outer or middle ear could be infected, affecting passage of sound waves
- Tear in the eardrum: The eardrum is a membrane through which sound waves pass. A tear due to trauma or injury can hamper this process, leading to hearing loss.
- Impact: When there is a bang on the head, there could be temporary hearing loss due to disruption of the hearing system
- Hereditary: A lot of times, hearing loss is hereditary and an exact cause may not be traceable
- Ear tumor: Middle ear tumors can also cause conductive hearing loss
- Abnormal growth: Abnormal bone growth in the middle ear can cause blockage, leading to hearing loss
- Post-surgical: The ear is a highly complex structure, and while surgical corrections are being done to treat a condition, it is very likely that other parts can be damaged
In most of the conditions mentioned above, there are some sound waves which pass through, so conductive hearing loss is often partial, wherein the person can hear but it is faint. Very rarely, it is complete where the person goes completely deaf.
This would depend on the cause of the hearing loss.
- Clearing up the wax can lead to improved hearing
- A tear in the eardrum or fluid buildup would need surgical repair to restore hearing
- Infections might require treatment with antibiotics and pain killers
- Tumors or bone growths would also require surgical correction for restoring hearing
- For outer ear blocks, audiometry is done only after the blocks are cleared
- If post correction, the hearing is not completely restored, hearing aids can be used, which often results in complete restoration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.